Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why the hell should we care what Bill Clinton thinks about Ireland?

Options
  • 01-10-2010 6:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

As if Bill Clinton would have an absolute clue of what's going on Ireland.

Any old fool can get up and say "I think Ireland can start growing again"... it is completely meanginless drivel.

Bill Clinton wouldn't even know what's going on in USA financial terms anymore either, because it's all different now. He's just going by whoever he's listening to, he has no insider information about it and he especially doesn't have any insider information on what's going on in Ireland. I'd have doubts over if even the president of america really knows about the true finanaces of the USA.

We need to stop putting people on pedastals, as if they would know things magically.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Any old fool can get up and say "I think Ireland can start growing again"... it is completely meanginless drivel.

Bill Clinton wouldn't even know what's going on in USA financial terms anymore either, because it's all different now. He's just going by whoever he's listening to, he has no insider information about it and he especially doesn't have any insider information on what's going on in Ireland.

Enough about Cowen and Lenihan, what about Clinton?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Because we care what anyone thinks of Ireland for some reason. Especially people from important countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

I would suggest that he knows more than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

i'd tune in to his talk just for the laugh. nobody's urging you to care and highly doubt anyone is going to take it really seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Come on,

The guy is a Leg end. "I didn't have sexual relations with that woman"

Loved to have seen his face when he was told blow jobs and cigar dildos were sexual relations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

He's just going by whoever he's listening to

So are the government.
    He doesn't have to have inside information to have an opinion, even a valid one.

Anyhow, if that is all he said, it's pretty null. Ireland will grow again, at some point, to some degree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Loved to have seen his face when he was told blow jobs and cigar dildos were sexual relations.

Something like this.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

He will have been paid a fortune to come here and lecture us so who is the bigger fool?

It's us, for paying him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

He should lecture on how to get more blowjobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Clinton was the best USA President that Ireland has ever know.

He probably doesn't really give a **** about Ireland any more(and why would he), but would you be more pissed off if he told you that 'Ireland screwed itself' and 'is dead in the water' ?

I guess someone else is always to blame for everyone else's troubles.

Speaking of troubles.....he was the first USA President to address this from a different point of view.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

It would be a helluva lot worse, if he said that Ireland was completely fúcked, and had no way forward without the intervention of the IMF.

There are plenty of reasons for the 'markets' to react badly to Ireland right now - I'm glad that Bill Clinton is not adding another one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Ah, is this about the new UCD Clinton Institute for Retard Studies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

You people confuse me. You rip your own government to shreds at any given opportunity, but the second someone who isn't Irish says something you get your knickers in a twist and start getting all defensive.

Make up your minds, either you hate your government or you want to stand up for it, don't get mad at other people for saying the exact same things you are. Makes no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I don't know what ye are all bitchin' about.
    His words are having a positive effect already.

News report.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

Bill Clinton wouldn't even know what's going on in USA financial terms anymore either, because it's all different now. He's just going by whoever he's listening to, he has no insider information about it and he especially doesn't have any insider information on what's going on in Ireland. I'd have doubts over if even the president of america really knows about the true finanaces of the USA.

We need to stop putting people on pedastals, as if they would know things magically.

Well considering former Presidents are entitled to certain briefings, they're naturally well connected, and his wife is Obama's top Diplomat I think it's more than a stretch to try to claim he has no inside information.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

liah wrote: »
    You people confuse me. You rip your own government to shreds at any given opportunity, but the second someone who isn't Irish says something you get your knickers in a twist and start getting all defensive.

Very true. That's the art of Hiberno-hypocrisy.

Think of it like having a father or uncle that you complain about all the time - but if someone outside the family has a go, then the gloves come off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Make up your minds, either you hate your government or you want to stand up for it, don't get mad at other people for saying the exact same things you are. Makes no sense.

Has nothing to do with where he is from. He is talking about the economy being down the shítter, while being paid a good sum of money to tell us about our economy being down the shítter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

You people confuse me.

You people?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

You people?...What do you mean "You people"?

EDIT: Damn you Zohan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Hazys wrote: »
    You people?...What do you mean "You people"?

What do YOU mean 'you people'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 MaryContrary

One of the reasons we should care what Bill Clinton thinks of Ireland is: Bill Clinton is an ex-President. Whether you like him or not, some Americans will listen to him and his opinions. If he says he sees recovery in Ireland, big businesses might listen and want to either open or reopen their corporations. This means jobs. Positive words are always a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

You people confuse me.

Racist :P

• Registered Users Posts: 81,901 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Didn't he have an interest in Ireland when he was in office? Came to visit in the 90s did he? Thought as much..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

It's just Clinton trying to rise to the occasion again.

He's used to lying about stuff, so it's easy for him to spout out a few more, especially if those lies involve denying that there was any screwing going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    It's just Clinton trying to rise to the occasion again.

He's used to lying about stuff, so it's easy for him to spout out a few more, especially if those lies involve denying that there was any screwing going on.

LOL:D

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭chops1990

I think most people don't actually care. I defo dont, he's a yank....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

Bill Clinton wouldn't even know what's going on in USA financial terms anymore either, because it's all different now. He's just going by whoever he's listening to, he has no insider information about it and he especially doesn't have any insider information on what's going on in Ireland.

His wife is the Secretary of State, I think he has a very good grasp of what is going on in the United States. His wife supervises the US Foreign Services as well as the US Department of State. I am not sure who in the US would have a better grasp of foreign affairs outside of that couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

WindSock wrote: »
    What do YOU mean 'you people'?

Damn Canuckleheads !! ;) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Slick Willy is the main man!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

People listen to what he says.

I think it's important that he's a friend of Ireland.

Advertisement