Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SwiftKey Full app

Options
  • 01-10-2010 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Ive been using the SwiftKey Beta app since I got an android phone and I love it, but the beta has expired.

I want to get the full app, but as we dont have paid app's here Im not sure how to go about this. Im not trying to "steal" the app, i'm happy to pay for it as I think its a great way to text and type.

My HTC Legend is not rooted as Im happy with it as it for the time being so I was told to get a sim card from UK? Does this work?

Cheers
    V
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Looks like we will be screwed again but nothing new if your living in Ireland. The original offer was for approx 99 cent (available up until yesterday) but as we don't get paid apps we couldn't get that offer even though I was an original beta tester for ages. We will have to wait for paid apps to come in and pay full whack of 3.99 or the Swiftkey team say they will get some set up running to allow us to pay via PayPal and download then from their site.
    Now don't get me wrong.. I love the swiftkey keyboard and would be willing to pay the fee but just cant understand why we don't get the offer of the 99 cent:confused:
    So you will just have to wait for either paid-apps or keep checking the Swiftkey website and they should let us know how to get it via PayPal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

After reading the thread about Paid apps coming to Ireland, I had the same thought. The trial offer of 99c ends before we get paid apps, well i hope that they do some other deal on their site and Ill purchase from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

it appears it can't be got legitimately anywhere else atm...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

You could use this to get access now.
    It turns off again once you reboot phone ( does on my galaxy s)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68216200&postcount=18

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭rushnaldo

Mine also ran out but I went into the market and got an extra two weeks beta update

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

I've downloaded about 20 different apk's and then installed through astro and it still doesn't work. I would gladly pay the 2 or 3 euro at this stage though. Miss it terribly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Anyone got the full app yet, I'm back on the stock HTC keyboard and its driving me nuts :mad: I installed the trial and then went to Settings > Language & Keyboard and selected 'Swiftkey Trial' but its not coming up when I try to use it in messages, internet etc? Haven't uninstalled the beta though so maybe thats conflicting with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

Pm me your email

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

How does this rate compared to Swype? I'm a bit fed up of their continuous series of beta versions and related complications.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

S.M.B. wrote: »
    How does this rate compared to Swype? I'm a bit fed up of their continuous series of beta versions and related complications.
    It's pretty nice but I recently dumped them both and stuck with IME mod. Although i'm not sending a huge amount of txts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I upgraded to the full version a week or more ago for the 99 cent, it seems to work better than the beta did. It really highlights how predictable and boring most of my texts are

My favourite non qwerty keyboard is/was touchpal chinese input (in english :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

Long time Swype user - this blows it out of the water. Truly great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

I updated my trial version so still have the predictive text. Very happy until I get the full app

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

What's the difference between an updated trial version and the full app?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I tried it a long time ago but never gave it a proper go. Have been using it for a few days now and very happy with it. Can't see myself going back to stock keyboard any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 yekrallum

What's the difference between an updated trial version and the full app?

Not much, but the new version has a single, short touch '?', long touch '!' button which is curiously much better, more importantly the '123' button on the bottom left brings up proper number pad style numbers rather than 0-9 along the top - also much better!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

I tried this keyboard for four days and didn't like it at all. The prediction is far too annoying.

Surprised a good few of ye's like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

i was using the beta, untill it expired. switched back to the stock one and then 2 days ago switched back to the swiftkey keyboard and it seems to be working with full functionality. whoop!

Advertisement