Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

101 Things to do in UCC before you Graduate!

Options
  • 01-10-2010 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭

This seems like a relatively simple idea for a thread so naturally i'm sure i blatantly robbed it from somewhere!:D

I'll just set a few groundrules first and hopefully KnifeWrench won't unleash the banhammer on me for backseat modding!:pac:
    • One suggestion per post
    • Please number your contribution. E.g If the last post was #5 you number yours #6.
    • You can't make 2 posts in a row. Once someone else makes a suggestion after yours you are welcome to add to the thread again.
    • Chat with other boardsies is fine but every post must have one contribution to the 101 things.
    Ok to get the ball rolling
    1) Talk to classmates at class parties who you have never talked to before or are likely to do again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

2) Pass exams

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

3) Get hopelessly lost in the ORB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

4) Walk up to the top of the kane just to see the view from up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

5)Achieve a Platinum Week

...then get very sick the week after.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

6) Try to study in the fishbowl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

7) Black week (don't go to a single minute of college)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

8) Run across the Quad shouting "**** Superstition!" :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

9) Crash a house party on College Road during Rag Week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

10) Get locked in the new bar then go to all your lectures

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Dave1711

11)Stay awake during a lecture in the Boole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

12) Go straight from exams to the old bar. (or the other way round if you like a challenge!)

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Max001

Introduce the American 'recall' concept for SU posts so we can get rid of useless SU officers and not be stuck with 'em all year! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

14) Use the toilets in the pharmacy building; the cleanest on campus by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

15) try and log onto the open computers using your student pin instead of password.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ohemgeez

Dave1711 wrote: »
    11)Stay awake during a lecture in the Boole

15. fall asleep during a lecture in the boole

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

16. Start typing an all students e-mail in response to the crap the SU send out, then delete it because you're "not going to be that person."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

18) Learn how to count properly. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

19) Shout at a computer when it tells you "Applying your personal settings" for half an hour after you try to log on.

(Especially since you don't have any fxcking personal settings)

Buceph wrote: »
    16. Start typing an all students e-mail in response to the crap the SU send out, then delete it because you're "not going to be that person."

Not that you could send an all students anyway now its restricted

x43r0 wrote: »
    Not that you could send an all students anyway now its restricted

They've been saying that for at least the past six years. I've even got e-mails from the admin of the list saying he'd send no more general discussion all student e-mails unless it concerned the student body over something specific. Then he let through the entire argument that that e-mail generated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

20) (Or 19, Eliot needs to learn how to count. :D) - Jump from the top of the geograhpy/geology lecture hall, and try to make the bottom.

You'll probably break your legs, but there's no harm in trying.

Buceph wrote: »
    They've been saying that for at least the past six years. I've even got e-mails from the admin of the list saying he'd send no more general discussion all student e-mails unless it concerned the student body over something specific. Then he let through the entire argument that that e-mail generated.

Type "Hi x43r0!" into an email and send it to the allstudents list. If I get it I owe you a coke

x43r0 wrote: »
    Type "Hi x43r0!" into an email and send it to the allstudents list. If I get it I owe you a coke

But that wouldn't have gotten through last year either, or ever. It proves nothing.

:|

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

Tombiman wrote: »
    20) (Or 19, Eliot needs to learn how to count. :D)

:D I knew someone would say that, but I was actually referring to the person who posted a second "15", and so I upped it 1 to compensate.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ohemgeez

:D I knew someone would say that, but I was actually referring to the person who posted a second "15", and so I upped it 1 to compensate.

that 15 wasnt posted when i checked, so we must have posted at near exact times

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭z0oT

21) Get annoyed by the rather dour attitude of the receptionist in the health centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

22) Visit the strange, empty nook at the top of the Food Science Building's stairwell. Bonus marks if you leave something cool there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Fair enough so. :D

23) Create a target in the middle of the Kane building, next to the stairs. Then go to the very top, look over the banister, and drop stuff onto it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭deisedude

24) Receive an angry email reply from a lecturer because you neglected to refer to them as Dr. or your highness etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

25. Steal an item of food from the Main/Kampus Kitchen/some student restaurant

Advertisement