Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bodybuilding - whats kind of fruit should i be eating ???

Options
  • 30-09-2010 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

any advice or help with the people that are bodybuilding / weight training in which friut to eat ?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

eggs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Deadly Combination

eggs are protein im talking about fruit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

Stick with the banana's (have you ever seen a small gorilla)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

dave80 wrote: »
    080805-gorillas-congo_big.jpg

;)

LOL you guys are taking the pi*s now HAHA

• Advertisement

Esse85 wrote: »
    080805-gorillas-congo_big.jpg

;)

Tats the before pic, you should see him now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

dave80 wrote: »

gorilla's don't eat bananas, wtf? Why does it matter op? If you're trying to gain weight eat whatever you want, if you're trying to loose weight drop the fruit or eat it on days you train. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

LOL you guys are taking the pi*s now HAHA
    Sorry dude, TBF i dont think the type of fruit will really matter that much unless your at an elite level.
    I always associate an apple with pre workout and a banana with post workout.

gorilla's don't eat bananas, wtf?

I was takin the piss......:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

This thread delivers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

gorilla's don't eat bananas, wtf? Why does it matter op? If you're trying to gain weight eat whatever you want, if you're trying to loose weight drop the fruit or eat it on days you train. Simple.

Really, i was under the impression that eating fruit added to weight loss when combined with a low cal diet.

Really, i was under the impression that eating fruit added to weight loss when combined with a low cal diet.

why? I just gave the op the simplest advice possible since they are obviously concerned about something comparatively unimportant, I didn't want to complicate things for them. I've never heard of fruit helping weight loss though, but any low calories diet will cause weight loss, fruit or no.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,159 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The best way for somebody body building to change thier diet to a low calorie one would be to drop carbs and keep protein. This means dropping bread, starchy veg and fruit

Assuming you're being serious, that's not true. It'd actually be class if it was tho...

Fruit (as a collective group) is a relatively high GI carb. The last thing you want when you're dieting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭SanoVitae

Hanley wrote: »
    Fruit (as a collective group) is a relatively high GI carb. The last thing you want when you're dieting!

I presume you're talking in terms of someone getting their body-fat to a low percentage, right?

If you want to reduce your body-fat low enough to display a 6-pack, you'll need to eliminate fruit for the most part, especially high GI fruits.

For someone who is overweight, eating low-calorie fruits instead of higher-calorie foods will result in a calorie deficit which will greatly help them lose weight and reduce body-fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

any advice or help with the people that are bodybuilding / weight training in which friut to eat ?

Cheers :)

Clenbutiberries & Dianobananas

SanoVitae wrote: »
    I presume you're talking in terms of someone getting their body-fat to a low percentage, right?

If you want to reduce your body-fat low enough to display a 6-pack, you'll need to eliminate fruit for the most part, especially high GI fruits.

For someone who is overweight, eating low-calorie fruits instead of higher-calorie foods will result in a calorie deficit which will greatly help them lose weight and reduce body-fat.

No.

The statement was that when you add fruit to a low kcal diet, do you lose more weight?

You do not.

No.

The statement was that when you add fruit to a low kcal diet, do you lose more weight?

You do not.

Ah ok - gotcha.

Do you believe that all calories are created equally and ultimately as long as there is the required calorie deficit, fat loss will occur?

Or do you believe that consuming high GI fruits (regardless of their low calorie total) would cause rapid spikes in insulin and would either cause increased fat storage or prevent those last few pounds of fat from being removed?

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts, as well as those of others on the forum.

Cheers,

Paul

SanoVitae wrote: »
    Ah ok - gotcha.

Do you believe that all calories are created equally and ultimately as long as there is the required calorie deficit, fat loss will occur?

Or do you believe that consuming high GI fruits (regardless of their low calorie total) would cause rapid spikes in insulin and would either cause increased fat storage or prevent those last few pounds of fat from being removed?

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts, as well as those of others on the forum.

Cheers,

Paul

Lets go to the extreme...

Do I believe that if I get all my kcals from Mars bars, or all my kcals from a 40% protein, 20% low GI carb and 40% fat split, will the weight loss be different, given the same amount of kcals in both cases?

Abso-f*cking-lutely it'll be different!! The latter being much more effective for fat loss.

Lets go to the extreme...

Do I believe that if I get all my kcals from Mars bars, or all my kcals from a 40% protein, 20% low GI carb and 40% fat split, will the weight loss be different, given the same amount of kcals in both cases?

Abso-f*cking-lutely it'll be different!! The latter being much more effective for fat loss.

That's definitely what I think and have always thought.

Has there ever been research done which proves this to be true though - i.e. comparing the results of 2 groups, with one group getting all their calories from processed carbs, with the other group eating an equal amount of calories using a protein/carbs/fats ratio similar to the 40-20-40 you gave as an example.

While I certainly wouldn't want to use myself as a Mar-Bars-scoffing guinea pig, I would definitely be interested in reading the findings if any such study has been carried out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭rocky

I tend to think that, as long as you get your protein requirements (at least 1g/pound LBM), the rest does not matter. Insulin spikes and other 'evils' associated with carbs are not a bad thing preventing fat loss.

I actually only yesterday put into fitday 180g protein from whey, and the rest 500g Tiramisu. This will create a caloric deficit for me, and I think I would lose weight - but I would be probably hungry for some time, so I'm not trying it out :P

Closing this thread as people are just taking the p***

:(

Closing this thread as people are just taking the p***

:(

You can't close a thread....

Im not stupid i told B-Builder to close it like 2mins ago, gave him a chance LOL ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Im not stupid i told B-Builder to close it like 2mins ago, gave him a chance LOL ;)

We've already closed a thread for you today, you can't just close them at will when you feel like it. If you don't want to discuss the topic anymore just don't.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I think there'd be less in it than you think. I think total calorie intake is the biggest factor by a stretch when you're talking about fat loss.

g'em wrote: »
    We've already closed a thread for you today, you can't just close them at will when you feel like it. If you don't want to discuss the topic anymore just don't.

can i talk about NABBA's and the use of drugs ?

and ya no prob i stick with this account icon6.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

can i talk about NABBA's and the use of drugs ?

No, far too speculative for comfort.

ok thats fine :) i wont talk about it

best thing i can do is contact the NABBA`s and ask them, just thought it would be quicker to post here thats all - no harm done ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

kevpants wrote: »
    Clenbutiberries & Dianobananas

<3

Advertisement