Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC SecureWatch - how do I check what set off alarm?

Options
  • 29-09-2010 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Came home tonight to find our alarm going off but nothing amiss. Is there any way to check what exactly set the alarm off?

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,671 ✭✭✭✭altor

oceanclub wrote: »
    Came home tonight to find our alarm going off but nothing amiss. Is there any way to check what exactly set the alarm off?

P.

Hi oceanclub,

If you go into engineering, service menu then into the log, you will get all the activations in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

You could try the view users log 0#1 if this is setup on the panel.

Did you find out what the cause of the alarm activating was oceanclub ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Hi there,

Never did as I don't have the engineering code, but the letting agent is arranging to have the system checked out so hopefully that will sort things out!

Viewing the user log unfortunately didn't show anything.

Cheers,

P.

Hi there,

Never did as I don't have the engineering code, but the letting agent is arranging to have the system checked out so hopefully that will sort things out!

Viewing the user log unfortunately didn't show anything.

Cheers,

P.

Better off getting it checked out if it is activating for no apparent reason. Might be a faulty sensor on the system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Dtay

Hi folks,

I have HKC secure watch alarm system and I am wondering is it possible to adjust the sensitivity of my PIR`s in the keypad panel, They are been set off by large spiders usually at night time!!!
    I have the engineer code and the user manual but it is not clear where i can adjust it.
    Thanking you inadvance for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Dtay wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I have HKC secure watch alarm system and I am wondering is it possible to adjust the sensitivity of my PIR`s in the keypad panel, They are been set off by large spiders usually at night time!!!
    I have the engineer code and the user manual but it is not clear where i can adjust it.

I was also wondering - can you simply cover these sensors before activating the alarm so they don't go off?

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

There is no setting on the alarm to adjust the sensitivity for PIR's. I would recommend changing your PIR's to Duel-Tec's. They will significantly reduce false alarms or you could just keep them clear of spiders/webs.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi folks,

As fred said there is no setting as such. You could,however ,set up double knock on that zone. That means the zone has to open close & open again to activate. I would also recommend changing it & going for a duel tec.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I was also wondering - can you simply cover these sensors before activating the alarm so they don't go off?

P.

This will only work if something in that area is activating the PiR . If the device is faulty it will probably still activate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I wouldn't advise putting a pir on double knock as it is asking for trouble.
    Depending on the pir you can adjust the setting inside the unit. Also check for spiders in and around the pir, remove them along with any webs and seal all cable entry holes etc.
    A dt would be a better choice

Hi folks,

It cant be done from the panel but depending on the PIR you have installed it may be possible. What type is it ?

Hi Altor,
    Prestige compact IR supplied by Texecom (www.texecom.com) i hope that helps!!
    Thanks for the help

Hi Altor,
    Prestige compact IR supplied by Texecom (www.texecom.com) i hope that helps!!
    Thanks for the help

It should have a pulse count on the PCB, if you can bring this up to the next level it might stop the spiders activating the alarm. If they still activate it move it up again. There are usually 3 settings.
    Just to note, the higher the pulse count setting, the more movement that will be needed to activate the pir.

Hi Altor,

I noticed the pulse counter on the PIR but was not sure what it was for, i will do that thanks for the help.

Hi Altor,

I noticed the pulse counter on the PIR but was not sure what it was for, i will do that thanks for the help.

Your welcome Dtay,

Hopefully it will sort the alarm activating but if not then stick in a dual tech. Any other problems more than happy to help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭tangoman

my alarm went off in middle night last night but i switched it off before i looked to see which zone fault was on how can i find out

my alarm went off in middle night last night but i switched it off before i looked to see which zone fault was on how can i find out

Cadzer wrote: »
    You could try the view users log 0#1 if this is setup on the panel.

If you enter the user code does it bring you intointo the user menu or manager menu.?
    The engineer log will be there.

• Advertisement

I have enmgineers code

You can also go to engineer and into service /engineer log.

ok thank you will try that,also can you tell me what best gsm unit to buy as eircom not sending texts now

Any generic GSM unit would be the cheapest option with out having to incur subscription charges.

i hace a hkc panel do i have to have a hkc gsm,was told there are three didderent ones but not all suitable for my panel depending on age of it,what other makes are there suitable

If you are using a HKC one it has to be a certain model based on the modelmodel of the panel.
    Any generic GSM will work though.

what is a generic gsm explain please and where can they be bought

A generic GSM is one that is not designed for connection to one particular brand or model.
    They are more basic and are generally triggered by outputs on the panel.
    They are limited in the information they can give you by text. You would just get a text saying alarm etc but not zone descriptions etc.

ok thanks a lot for your advice now i understand i need a hkc one as all my windows doors are on seperate zones so want to know when alarm goes off which zone it on thanks .I was told there are 3 hkc gsm but not all suitable for all panels,one only suitable for the latest new panels and another for panels only after 2007 do you know about that

• Advertisement

Yes
    HKC seem to love to have systems and equipment not backward compatible.
    I'm sure it reflects in their sales figures.

Advertisement