Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Memorybits.co.uk 60% off for 24 hours

Options
  • 29-09-2010 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭

Just got this email from memorybits.co.uk
    Start your Christmas shopping today in our Pre-Christmas Sale!
    It's just 87 days until Christmas - stash away a bargain today!
    Get a massive 60% OFF everything for the next 24 hrs!

But the site seems to have fallen over with the rush of customers!

From a cached version of the page, the code required seems to be "prexmas60".

The sale season has started! ;)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

Is that site down for everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Superfin wrote: »
    Is that site down for everyone else?

Yep, probably their own shoddy ram in their server or something ;)

They are jersey based so you are liable for VAT. Wonder if it really is 60% off genuine prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

Just recently bought a micro sd card off them

It took them 5 days to realise that it was not in stock and emailed me then and offered me a card 4 times the size and 3 times the cost in its place which I gladly accepted.

Unfortunately it then took 4-5 more days to dispatch that one.

Great prices on that site but don't expect it to be delivered in a hurry. Also I wouldn't go putting lots of stuff in one order or it will get stopped by customs. A small memory card should get through though.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Site is fairly knackered now alright - many items showing out of stock!

It is working, just about - but very, very slowly.

2ebv6o0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

need some ram here wonder maybe i can grab some cheap one:D

edit:they dont sell ram?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

I've bought from them a few times and never a problem

Probably just overloaded

Well the shelves are fairly empty now - no large memory sticks or hard-drives left. A few types of USB sticks and SD cards still there.

edit: Still some decent gadgets, PC gaming, memory cards going.

Picked up a few of these solar-powered transforming roboto kits:
    2e5mvc6.jpg
    ..works out just under 6 yoyoz each - nice stocking fillers anyway!

There are also some of these Wii Fit kits (cover, rechargeable batteries and a heart monitor yoke) for just under €8.

11vgppv.jpg

Another xmas prez sorted! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

the mp5 player doesnt look too shabby. Works out at £8.99 after discount. No internal memory tho.
    http://www.memorybits.co.uk/shop/clearance/slimline-mp5-media-player-qt836/19307

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQa6ZN4PUEA52B4m1mD5daFh3uOi7PynRH7P_8uw7rLjM7NeQw&t=1&usg=__UPdkHGiFdOZkfLfoup3oo4O1DiE=
    Features:

Screen size: 3.0 inch
    Compatible: up to 16GB Micro SDHC Memory Card
    Charging: Uses mini USB Connection to USB 2.0
    Size: No bigger than a Mobile Phone! (H98mm x W54mm x D8mm)
    Plays: Video, Pictures, Music & E-Books

Specifications:

Audio formats: MP3 / WMA / FLAC / AAC / APE
    Video formats: MPEG-1 / MPEG-2 / MPEG-4 / RM/RMVB / WMV / FLV / 3GP / DV / CMMB
    Picture formats: JPEG / BMP / GIF
    E-Book formats: TXT
    8 Digital Audio EQ Modes: Jazz, Classic, Pop, Rock, Natural, 3D, Bass, (User Define)
    Supports: TXT Reading & Bookmark Function
    Supports: External HI-FI Speaker
    Operation: Graphical user interface, Music file list function
    Supports: JPEG image format, support picture browse, screen rotation and scaling and music background function

What's Included?

Slimline MP5 Media Player
    Mini USB Charging Cable
    Earphones

• Registered Users Posts: 9,015 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

You could make yourself a fair saving if you fancy a 256gb USB drive. Just the £620 before the discount.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Their checkout system is now offline

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

They have changed their URL - is now available at http://memorybits-outofstock.co.uk :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dockc

They have changed their URL - is now available at http://memorybits-outofstock.co.uk :D:D

Which is down for me, anyone else having problems going in?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

dockc wrote: »
    Which is down for me, anyone else having problems going in?
    I think he was joking! ;)

Thread marked as 'Expired'

basquille wrote: »
    I think he was joking! ;)

Thread marked as 'Expired'

Why expired . Its on till 2pm.

Because I presume their shopping cart is still offline..

EDIT: Just checked.. and yep, it is!

abckl.jpg

basquille wrote: »
    I presume their shopping cart is still offline..

You are right. Ive bought from them many times without a problem but this seems dodgy

I've bought from them too many times. But I don't think it's dodgy..

It's probably to do with sheer demand and / or the fact there's shag all left on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,321 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Advertisement

This is a good site for info on testing and possibly making fake drives usable, e.g. it might make your fake 8GB run like the 1GB it really is.

I would not by cards on ebay again.

http://www.fake-memory.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

Wow I think I would have been caught out by that one :eek: and I consider myself pretty good at spotting scams. Feedback is even convincing!

Thanks for the info... :D

JoeySully wrote: »
    I consider myself pretty good at spotting scams. Feedback is even convincing!
    Did the price not alert you? this would be bargain of the century!

Feedback is easily scammed, it can be shills or a load of low cost items and then they shift a load of these at a low price and not send for a while so no feedback appears in time to warn others.

In his feedback he sold a load of 32GB cards for far too little, you can be certain they were fakes. People get them and plug them in, check capacity and it says 32gb, then they leave positive feedback and then a week or so later they find out it is corrupt once it gets anyway full. Then it is too late to change the feedback -or at least I thought it was, as one has a follow up
    Received today thank you 12-Sep-10 00:08
    Follow up by south1000 (16-Sep-10 17:56):
    Card is a fake & rubbish - No response from seller to email - Reported to Ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

I was able to buy from fr and de sites with no problem. Same discount applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

degsie wrote: »
    What .fr and .de sites? :confused:

peckerhead wrote: »
    What .fr and .de sites? :confused:
    There are no French and German memorybits websites....aren't there?

degsie wrote: »

www.Memorybits.co.uk is behind the following sites as well:

www.zoombits.co.uk

www.zoombits.fr

www.zoombits.de

www.lovememory.co.uk

And probably more! All of their checkouts are unavailable. Maybe after this sale there's just a smoking crater where their warehouse once stood!

Possibly my shortest lived BA posting in a while!! Ah well, roll on the next one! ;)

Interesting article about the 60% off MemoryBits / Zoombits sale..
    Are Zoombits in trouble after 60% sale, ask customers
    By Paul Smith

Folks, if you’re thinking of buying goods from online retailers Zoombits or Memorybits, stop what you’re doing and read this. While we can’t say definitively, there seems to be some sort of trouble at the Jersey-based operation.

Ever since the company advertised a one day sale with 60% off everything, customers have reported major problems in receiving orders and contacting customer services. However, it seems Zoombits have had no such problems taking the money from customer’s bank accounts. There are dozens of complaints on not only Hot UK Deals but MSE too.

logo.gif

There is speculation in the HUKD forums that the company may be in financial difficulties. We can’t confirm that, but we can summarise what we have heard:

• Zoombits held a 60% off everything sale on 29th September

• Their SSL (HTTPS) certificate (required so customers can place secure online transactions) appears to have expired two days later

* Their online checkout is currently offline, and appears to have been since 30th September

• The Live Response chat service is currently unavailable and apparently has been since 28th September

• The two phone numbers we can find for Corebits Services Ltd (a company associated with Zoombits, Memorybits and Vitabits) are 0845 8888 222 and 01534 713 100. We’ve tried them repeatedly – as have many of their customers – only for our call to go unanswered.

Emails to the company appear to have gone unanswered since the beginning of October

• According to HUKD forum members, some customers have received smaller items, others have received part of their orders, while many have received nothing.

• Zoombits have an eBay store – currently there is nothing for sale; again, according to forum members, the last sale was 30th September

• the company’s other online stores – such as lovememory.co.uk – are experiencing similar problems with their customers services and checkout

So to all intents and purposes, the company has effectively ceased trading; it isn’t possible to buy from the company, or contact any representative – or their directors, Jonathan and Henrietta Ruff. According to Jersey Companies House, a new company was set up just three months ago – Corebits Global Ltd – although there’s currently no evidence of it trading yet.

• Advertisement

Looks like not been able to access the website was a blessing in disguise then.

Advertisement