Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Minecraft Videos

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Varik wrote: »
    Got the video to beat all videos.

You know, I appreciate the skill that would go into something like this but even as a gamer myself I just want to tell the creator to go get a life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

You know, I appreciate the skill that would go into something like this but even as a gamer myself I just want to tell the creator to go get a life.

Who are you to judge? Plenty of people waste their lives with drink/drugs, this guy challenged himself to do something and achieved it. You wouldnt say something like that to someone who swam the irish sea or did something similar.

And to finish up... it might have gotten him a life, he was offered a job on reddit

Who are you to judge? Plenty of people waste their lives with drink/drugs, this guy challenged himself to do something and achieved it. You wouldnt say something like that to someone who swam the irish sea or did something similar.

And to finish up... it might have gotten him a life, he was offered a job on reddit

Don't be ridiculous. Drink and drugs are never a waste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

No really, cmon, That is a waste of time. Fair play to him etc, the skill and time and effort put in. But jaysus, the geekiest thing I've seen on these forums in a while.

He could have dedicated time to some forumlae or something, he is obviously an intelligent guy. Some of its funny too though :P

"How about 2+1 ..how exciting right ? " "Gonna do 2+1 ...its gonna be crazy ! " :P "from one to the other to the other to the other...are you litening Pig ?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Just set up my own server for me and a friend to play on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Just set up my own server for me and a friend to play on :)

How tricky is that to do?

Send the IP and we can all join to "look" at your stuff :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Not very tricky, you just need to know how to find your own IP.

I won't be giving the IP address out as I want to keep it just for me and a friend, sorry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Regarding the negativity towards the ALU video above, he’s creating something amazing, exercising his mind, entertaining/inspiring thousands of others, and probably having a great time in the process. Personally, I think comments like "get a life" are pretty ignorant.

On a lighter note, here is one of my favourite minecraft videos of late. The video uploader was watching and recording a live stream and caught this happening. I laugh every time :)

On a lighter note, here is one of my favourite minecraft videos of late. The video uploader was watching and recording a live stream and caught this happening. I laugh every time :)

Laugh at what ? I don't understand what just happened there.

• Advertisement

SeantheMan wrote: »

It looooooks like whilst he was nerding it up with some questionable voice acting and not paying attention to his surroundings a zombie or whatever are the bad things that come out at night killed him.

The moral of the story is don't play left4dead with this chap he'll suck.

SeantheMan wrote: »

agreed. Stupid voice, not sure what all that was about. Then he's jumped by a creeper. Big deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Varik wrote: »
    Got the video to beat all videos.

He built a virtual computer within a computer; I built a crappy 3 story house :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Browsing some vids to check out the game and came across this, it's hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,042 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Lucked out on a nice world on my laptop, there is a sweeeet sweet cavern system that I found near the beach, lava at the entrance (great protection against zombies that) and this thing seems to going on for miles. I've probably spent about 10 hours exploring this cave and only stopping to dig at exposed deposits. I still havent explored/lit all of it up yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Kaidan wrote: »
    Browsing some vids to check out the game and came across this, it's hilarious.

Poor Bastard! Funny though!:-)

• Advertisement

At least he was able to laugh about it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

eccf7f0fab.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Overheal wrote: »
    Lucked out on a nice world on my laptop, there is a sweeeet sweet cavern system that I found near the beach, lava at the entrance (great protection against zombies that) and this thing seems to going on for miles. I've probably spent about 10 hours exploring this cave and only stopping to dig at exposed deposits. I still havent explored/lit all of it up yet.

Had a very long mine going and was about to stop as i had been turned around underground and thought that i was under the sea so didn't want to dig up or continue the direction i was going, but kept going and found a huge cave on one of my shafts i dug going up to the surface.

Got a nice little underground kingdom going with mine track all over the place, be happy when powered mine carts can do more.

I dont have enough iron dug up for minecarts, Im kinda hoarding it.

Got sick and tired of going topside and getting snuck up on by creepers, I logged in today and there was one standing right behind me. Turned it on Peaceful :mad: :p And I've still found more cave systems nearby, it's madness. All right next to the beach though, accidentally had a cave-in or three. Some were just for the lulz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Just bought it there, wooo!

• Advertisement

Kersmash wrote: »
    Just bought it there, wooo!

So you figured out how to mine stone then :)

Yup! curse my stupidity!

Not a video, but this is the IT Crowd skin I created for my guy recently :) I'll probably make a Roy too.

scaled.php?tn=0&server=441&filename=moss2m.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

the_it_crowd_2006_b.jpg?w=600&h=337

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Epic!

Just got the game myself, ahh well there goes my thesis!

I'm getting addicted to these. I keep getting a chase off a creeper and running back into my house and it just stands there humping the door looking in at me. weird!

All this creeper and skeleton nonsense. I just play on wuss mode, aka Peaceful.

It makes exploring and mining much more enjoyable, which is what the game is all about really.

The AI is pretty basic (if it can even be called AI) so I find deaths can be random and kind of annoying.

Not a video, but this is the IT Crowd skin I created for my guy recently :) I'll probably make a Roy too.

scaled.php?tn=0&server=441&filename=moss2m.png&xsize=640&ysize=640

the_it_crowd_2006_b.jpg?w=600&h=337
    want.

LOL, Sand IS Glass! :D

want.

Here you go :)

mossz.png

Save it, go to minecraft website, log in, go to preferences, upload image.

Launch game, log in, hey presto.

Also worth looking at, a neat community made skin editor to make your own.

Also, here he is in motion http://minecraft.net/skin/skin.jsp?user=Colossus_IRL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I got it working, I used a .jar file, it says opengl1.1 so I assume it isnt the full package graphics wise, on my machine, I am happy with that TBH.

I built a tower with a house on top, terrible layout TBH but ominous, the tower looked well in the distance as it was being built, was pretty intence to climb with no walls also when it was just a core column and steps. Its made of refined stone, the wooden one burned down, with me in it.

I am worried about what it looks like though...

129594.JPG

The view...

129595.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Why not use ladders?

• Advertisement

Why not use ladders?

Pah!

I didn't know about them...

Any way it is much cooler, and allows for balconies, rooms, and is actually quick enough.

Get loads of gravel, look down, hold jump and place block and you rocket skyward, you then build the stairs around the gravel and cut it down, you do the same thing for the outer walls. I am able to jump off into the water to get down so its only a pain going upwards, but seeing it at night is great.

It also made a goal to achieve, to get that much refined stone takes some effort and pushes you to dig more and more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭bubonicus

I love this game...
    129729.jpg

129730.jpg

Build some support columns! It just looks wrong! :D

I love the imagination that goes into the game, but the hours it takes to get materials! :eek:

I am playing on hard though, stubborn gamer that I am :D

That is so badass bubonicus!

Build some support columns! It just looks wrong! :D

No way, it's my floating fortress of doom :p
    Kersmash wrote: »
    That is so badass bubonicus!

Cheers. I got it running in a multiplayer game aswell. Showed one of my friends around who fell in love with the game when he saw me playing it.:pac:

The castle on top reaches the max build height. Also the whole mountain under the castle is hollowed out with a big sun room with a windowed roof.

I can't wait for the multiplayer to be fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Couple of things that might help.

Get diamond tools. What takes hours with stone or steel takes minutes with diamond.

If your diamond pick is getting near to breaking, drop it and pick it up. Cheating kind of but it makes life much easier to be able to keep diamond tools throughout.

I'm playing on a server with corpmates from EVE Uni, I'm currently building a network of mayan ruins. :)

Nevore wrote: »
    Couple of things that might help.

Get diamond tools. What takes hours with stone or steel takes minutes with diamond.

If your diamond pick is getting near to breaking, drop it and pick it up. Cheating kind of but it makes life much easier to be able to keep diamond tools throughout.

I'm playing on a server with corpmates from EVE Uni, I'm currently building a network of mayan ruins. :)

i did NOT know that that. thank you.

Does that work with every type of pick, or just diamond?

quarryman wrote: »

Any tools at all, including weapons and armour, made of any material.
    The others are easy enough to find anyway, so I really only use it for diamond.

I can't wait until multiplayer is fixed.

• Advertisement

This trick only works on multiplayer servers, along with no working furnaces, or damage to your health.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Man my Fiancé is gonna leave me at this rate :o

bubonicus wrote: »
    This trick only works on multiplayer servers, along with no working furnaces, or damage to your health.
    Ahh. I haven't played much single player. After multi player it's too lonely. :D

bubonicus wrote: »

boo!

anyone got any good servers to play on?

I've only played the Single Player....

anyone got any good servers to play on?

I've only played the Single Player....

Try this thread on the roleplaying forum, they have an IP address of a server somebody is running.

Multiplayer is a bit of fun, but until all the features are sorted out, I will be sticking to singleplayer. But I can set up a server on Wednesday if you wanna have a quick run around?

I feel like to much of a cheat having to /give everything.

• Advertisement

I gave a Cartograph a shot last night to check out the area I'm in.

Handy tool.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I gave a Cartograph a shot last night to check out the area I'm in.

Handy tool.

Oh man that's awesome. Now you can plan the island a whole lot better! God...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Ok, I've been lurking on this thread for far too long. Minecraft does indeed look awesome. (Some of those vids have me in stitches.)

But just clicked in to this on Reddit.

http://imgur.com/a/TEBdV/1

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

There I was, right in the middle of my newly finished 2-bit adding computer. Looking for a bug when I hear...

hsssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

FML...

HIM:eek:

• Advertisement
Advertisement