Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Pit #1 - Malice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Sorry nedtheshed, I didn't realise I'd missed your earlier post :o.
    nedtheshed wrote:
    What album has been the biggest let down to you?
    There's only one possible answer to this - Load by Metallica. All through secondary school I would have given my left arm for a new Metallica album and my anticipation was rewarded with Load in 1995. To say I was disappointed would be an understatement.
    nedtheshed wrote:
    What album was the most surprising?
    One album that really surprised me recently was Fear Factory's Mechanize. It's a real return to form and of a quality that I thought was beyond them.
    nedtheshed wrote:
    Outside of rock and metal,who would be your favourite band/artist?
    Good question, I like different genres depending on the situation. If I'm driving it's got to be metal and nice and loud. If I'm in work and trying to concentrate it'll be ambient, classical or dance, often something without lyrics. I really like Nobuo Uematsu's work and I must also mention Belgian trip-hop duo Lunascape who disbanded in 2008 but recorded a good few songs while they were together. Vocalist Kyoko Baertsoen has subsequently worked with quite a few other artists.
    Zombienosh wrote: »
    If you had to listen to only 5 albums for the rest of your life......... yeah only 5, no best ofs or compilations either. What would they be?
    Man, what happened to easy questions? Okay, here are the first five albums I thought of although I might swap Siamese Dream for Mellon Collie just because there's more songs on it :).

1. Fear Factory - Demanufacture
    2. Therapy - Troublegum
    3. Meshuggah - Obzen
    4. Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
    5. The Birthday Massacre - Walking With Strangers

Nailz wrote: »
    You say you like Avant Garde Metal, now I don't mean to be a pretentious twat (but I am), but is that like Meshuggah 'Avant Garde', which it isn't really Avant Garde (although I do love Meshuggah), or real Avant Garde (like Zu, Kaada, Patton [Fantômas], etc.)?
    I meant Meshuggah and I just went by the Wikipedia definition.
    old gregg wrote: »
    what's your fave rock/metal t shirt (with pics)?
    I assume you mean out of my own wardrobe? I couldn't decide on just one so here's two:

tshirts_front.jpg

tshirts_back.jpg
    GrizzlyMan wrote: »
    What the most embarssing album you own :o
    Heh, I don't tend to bother with music that I find embarrassing. Other people might be embarrassed for me though :). Lady Gaga - The Fame Monster is probably what people comment on the most when they come across it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Eh, Malice, where did you get the Meshuggah t-shirt? :o

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Eh, Malice, where did you get the Meshuggah t-shirt? :o
    Finally an easy question :). I ordered it from here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What band would you want to see live the most that you have yet to see?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Malice_ wrote: »
    Finally an easy question :). I ordered it from here.

I have the same one. Got it when I saw them live in Glasgow (nyah nyah!). Also picked up a 'Nothing' tee. Oh <looks down> wearing that today!

My (convoluted!) question:

So, has there ever been an album/line up change/even belief system change (lyrically or spoken in an interview) that's made you change your mind about liking a band or buying their albums?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Whats the last "wow" album that you heard - ie last album that you thought was 10/10, no filler etc.

Denny M wrote: »
    What band would you want to see live the most that you have yet to see?
    I assume I can only pick bands that are still going? So given no mid-nineties Pantera, mid-eighties Metallica or early nineties Sepultura I'd probably have to go with Meshuggah. I wasn't too gone on their stuff at all until I watched the video for Bleed at a friends house while drinking. Something just clicked and my brain was able to deal with their sound and the complex rhythms of their songs. An honourable mention must also go to The Birthday Massacre. I'd love to see them live. They're doing a British tour this month and even though I'll be in England twice, I won't be able to get to see them :(.
    chin_grin wrote: »
    So, has there ever been an album/line up change/even belief system change (lyrically or spoken in an interview) that's made you change your mind about liking a band or buying their albums?
    I can't really think of anything. Obviously early Pantera wouldn't have been my thing but I didn't get into them until they released Far Beyond Driven. At that stage their glam metal roots were long abandoned.

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Whats the last "wow" album that you heard - ie last album that you thought was 10/10, no filler etc.
    I have had Pins and Needles by The Birthday Massacre on heavy rotation since I got it a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if I'd quite give it 10/10 but it's at least 9/10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Black Magician

have you ever or would you still given the chance play in a band of your own?

• Advertisement

have you ever or would you still given the chance play in a band of your own?
    Yes, I've played in a few bands over the years. See this post for example. As for playing in a band in the future, absolutely, just have to wait for the right opportunity to come along :).

If anyone has any more questions, get them in soon as I'll close this thread and start one up for the next person on the list tomorrow morning.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Don't thnk it has been asked, which artists have inspired/influenced you as a musician?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Don't thnk it has been asked, which artists have inspired/influenced you as a musician?
    On guitar Dino Cazares, James Hetfield and Slash mainly down to learning loads of Fear Factory, Metallica and Guns N' Roses songs over the years :).

On bass I am a big fan of Cliff Burton's "lead bass" way of playing and I also like John Myung of Dream Theater's work on the 6 string bass.

Right, I think that's all the questions answered. Thanks to everyone who posted worthwhile questions. The next In The Pit installment is here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement