Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue Bloods - CBS *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I've given up on it; I think it's very weak. I wasn't expecting The Wire by any means, but as someone who can watch Cold Case and Law & Order pretty frequently, I was hoping for more.

Selleck's character is just too bloody perfect, and I think the tipping point for me was
    Grandpaw Reagan going nuts about a cop being up for promotion just because he left his wife. The same cop who saved his son's life in the line of duty.
    . The 30 seconds in each episode given to the ongoing plot
    (blue knights of the round templar or something)
    isn't really keeping me in enough suspense to continue with it.

I'd like to see Wahlburg in a stronger role though, he does a good job with a really crappy script.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Okay so after the all the advertising RTE have been running for this I decided I couldn't wait until Tuesday, and I'm now up to episode 10. Really loving it, the cast are fantastic and they really got the family dynamic down. So far though they've been riding a fine line between cop procedural and family drama. I'd prefer it focus on the family & character development more(apparently so does Selleck). And as long as Magnum gets his way S2's showrunners should do just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

DeWitt wrote: »
    Okay so after the all the advertising RTE have been running for this I decided I couldn't wait until Tuesday, and I'm now up to episode 10. Really loving it, the cast are fantastic and they really got the family dynamic down. So far though they've been riding a fine line between cop procedural and family drama. I'd prefer it focus on the family & character development more(apparently so does Selleck). And as long as Magnum gets his way S2's showrunners should do just fine.

I agree, I love this show. I was surprised by some of the comments on here to be honest. This gets pretty solid ratings in the States too.

With The Closer in it's final season this year, I've found my replacement for that show ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,326 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Starts on RTE 2 tonight

No boards love for Blue Bloods Irish premiere? I'm kind of shocked. I thought it was a very solid pilot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

I thought it was hopeless. Very by the numbers.

It depends too much on expository dialogue to drive a point. Example being how they establish the tension between the judiciary (sister) and police (brother) at the dinner table. Very hammy and forced, especially compared to how The Wire and, dare I say, The Shield handles the same issues.

Speaking of the latter, I found this pilot had an awful lot in common with The Shield pilot with its pedophilia story. Except this one was worse.

Also, like another poster said, there are way too many silly plot contrivances for one episode. That crap with the prototype doll was particularly hard to swallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I gave up after the second episode and switched to Breakout Kings, haven't looked back. Recommend it for the many people who seem to have dropped this:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

It's far too clean in terms of storytelling, characters, etc. Pretty unremarkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,608 ✭✭✭squonk

It's a great series overall but by the end of Season 1 I was getting a bit fed up that it looked like the Reagans were protecting NYC single handed! As for the episode where they set up an electronic surveilance operation, too much like the wire and they shouldn't have gone there because it emphasised how 'light' Blue Bloods is in comparison.

I got a bit tired of storylines like 'Danny finds body, questions girlfriend finds that body owed money to gangster who's on the run. Rookie cop gets called out to handle a domestic and soon finds out it's gangster. Somehow going on, sister and Dad get pulled into the case in different aspects'. Honestly, it's NYC so the NYPD have to be working on oodles of different cases. The other bit I found a bit odd was that Commissioner Dad gets called about every little thing, even if it's the middle of the night. Now, if there's a cop down or something, sure, that'd make sense but, come on! Some of the stuff was ridiculous. Also, they never went anywhere with the storyline involving the journalist he was knocking off in the early episodes. I thought that might be a recurring issue as in, the commissioner's public and private side and what he could say/couldn't say.

All in all though it really isn't a bad series. It needs some work but hopefuly they'll tend to that for Series 2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Advertisement

Bridget looks amazing. I'm really hoping this year they extend the scope of the show and not have it so serialized. The Blue Templer storyline could have been awesome, but they wasted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Just after watching the first episode of the second series. It was a good enough opener to the series. I liked the scenes between Frank and the mayor, plus Jamie hanging out around the bar. His involvement with the mob should be interesting, I am hoping the story is done well and not rushed like the Blue Templar storyline.

I was getting a bit worried that there would be no dinner table discussion but luckily there was one at the end.

It should be a good season

Did blazing numbers on Friday, got a 2.0 demo....but BB skews VERY old in viewership, but it's a sure fire hit for Fridays.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,234 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

The season 2 opener was OK, started off well and then became a little annoying. Some suggestions of child abuse/trafficking (the very pink bedroom), which could have been explored more, but wasn't. Thought it was a bit ridiculous that the grieving widow wasn't er, very grief stricken and is later seen wandering the sunny streets of NYC with Erin and the 'my boys need me twice as much now' or whatever line. Jamie's still awfully green to be going undercover with the mob, but that's dramatic license for ya.

Don't think it will make it into my weekly viewing, but we'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I thought the latest episode was very good, Donnie Wahlberg is great as Danny.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 DaraghMAC

I like this show. It could go a lot deeper considering it had 22 episodes and although I had a bit of a go at the Black oil for some of his observations, I also do agree that it is a bit too clean and Sellecks carachter is a little too perfect, but it is easy to watch and should get better. If you take away all the high production stuff it is a little similar to NYPD Blue in that essentially it is character based and sometimes the crime is just a sideshow! I do agree that a little more squad house interaction would improve the show. I'll keep watching this as at the end of the day it doesnt take a lot of effort and the characters are easy to like. That might even be a problem!! When there is a character you really hate you watch waiting for to be put to the sword in the end, and that is missing!!

Deadline is reporting that the show WILL be picked up for a third series either today or in the coming days: http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/blue-bloods-picked-up-for-third-season-as-cbs-nears-renewals-on-other-series/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Series #2 starts tonight on RTE2 at 9pm :)

Peter Hermann aka Mr. Mariska Hargitay has been cast as Erin’s ex and Nicky's dad

Season 3 kicks off tonight...

• Advertisement

http://tvline.com/2012/10/21/jennifer-esposito-leaving-blue-bloods-season-3/

There is bad blood between CBS and Jennifer Esposito who has left the show

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://tvline.com/2012/10/21/jennifer-esposito-leaving-blue-bloods-season-3/

There is bad blood between CBS and Jennifer Esposito who has left the show

CBS is disgustig! :mad:

“CBS PUT me on unpaid leave and has blocked me from working anywhere else after my doctor said you needed a reduced schedule due to Celiac,” she wrote. “CBS didn’t listen to my doc and I collapsed on set. Which everyone saw! After a week off my doc said I could return to work but CBS implied that I was NOT truly ill and this was a scheme to get a raise! It’s been almost two months without bringing me back to work + keeping Me from working anywhere else!… Absolutely shameful behavior.”

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/jennifer-esposito-takes-leave-from-blue-bloods-megan-ketch-among-guest-stars-filling-the-void/

Anyone check the season 3 finale on Friday?....renewed for a fourth. The 54 - Dead demographic love this show!, sure they are wheelchair bound....its not like they can change the channel! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Started watching this after a recommendation from my brother. I'm about three quarters of the way through season one and the only thing I can think is that Frank (Tom Sellecks character) is the most miserable bastard in the world. Pretty decent show otherwise.

Renewed for 10th Season

Blue Bloods Renewed for Season 14

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I thought it had ran it's course at this stage, all the characters are gone stale at this stage and I can't stand Erin, she has turned into a complete goody two shoes who thinks she's above everyone.

• Advertisement

Blue Bloods Ending With Season 14, to Air in Two Parts

Advertisement