Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grown Up Debs Ball

Options
  • 23-09-2010 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭

Come one, come all, put on a dress and come to the Ball.
    Some of ye may have already seen posts for this charity event (Link) but just in case I'm re-posting here (with the kindest permission of the Mods).

In aid of the Irish Cancer Society there is to be a Ball, a Grown Up Debs Ball. It's the chance to glam up (or dress down) and relive the horrors delights of your own school Debs Dance.
    Cajole yer man into a tuxedo, dig out the sparkly heels, forge your false ID papers for the Barman, stab yourself with the corsage pin, cringe at the music of your youth, dance till your feet blister.

So, rope in your friends, call your school mates, gather your forum pals and book a table or two. Cocktails, dinner, dancing and the humiliation of asking someone to take you to the Debs. You know you want to.

See the Grown Up Debs Ball site for details.

Thank you.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I may go to this :D

depending on what the money is like after my weekend away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

My date is back from her hols. Gonna try and sort tickets soon! Still trying to convince my boyfriend and a few of his friends to go!

I'M SO EXCITED! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

I am going and its going to be epic :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Aw that sounds kinda fun, plus I never did have a debs

but I'll be cramming that day and night!

bluewolf wrote: »
    Aw that sounds kinda fun, plus I never did have a debs

but I'll be cramming that day and night!

We should have an official Bluewolf release from study day when you are finished! :) It can be like another grown up debs....except casual!

What are you studying for Blue?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

We should have an official Bluewolf release from study day when you are finished! :) It can be like another grown up debs....except casual!

What are you studying for Blue?

Aw <3
    actuarial exams
    twice a year every year for yeaaaaaaaaars :(
    about a month or two break after each set of exams then back to opening the notes lol
    but exams are next friday and following monday so serious cramming time
    wish I was at home instead of at work!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Tickets booked and paid for, this is gonna be awesome.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Looks like so much fun!

But I'll be at the Leinster Vs Munster game in the Aviva. Why does everything always have to clash?! :(

Bluewolf, my friend just started her job in actuary! :) You'll be fine you'll sail through them!

I'd love to be going to the rugby, I'm wearing red for the best team that night! :D:D

Looks like theres a good few boardsies going! Should be a fun night. Need to get these tickets sorted asap!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

maple wrote: »
    But I'll be at the Leinster Vs Munster game in the Aviva Lansdowne. Why does everything always have to clash?! :(
    FYP. :)

Come to the Ball after the game. Better still, go to the game in your Ball gown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

OldGoat wrote: »

Come to the Ball after the game. Better still, go to the game in your Ball gown.
    Epic fixing there, OG ;)

I plan to be in a bar in my ballgown at 7.30 to watch the match! Why pick one, when you can have both?! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Hermione* wrote: »
    Epic fixing there, OG ;)

I plan to be in a bar in my ballgown at 7.30 to watch the match! Why pick one, when you can have both?! :D

and I shall be beside you also in my gown shouting at the tv ;):D:pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

:D Apologies, I most certainly ought to have known better.

My friend is in Mayo creditcardless, I'm in Dublin creditcardless. I've emailed the people who run the night to see if I could get two tickets yesterday evening.No reply yet.... I hope they get back to me. I would be able to collect the tickets tomorrow! I hope they get back to me and we can get them!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Neadine

Would love to go to this, think it will be a great night, and maybe even better than the Debs first time round.
    Just heard about it in the past week and am on night duty all weekend, so, can't make it this time. If it's something that's going to happen again, would love to go, think it would make a really great girls night out.
    For all of you who are going, have a Ball!

Was just talking to the girl that organised it on the phone. She said she is gonna try and make it an annual do.....Sounds like fun! :) Then you can come along too! :)

Tux ready, dress shirt ready, bowtie ready. Now all I need is my dates corsage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

My friend is in Mayo creditcardless, I'm in Dublin creditcardless. I've emailed the people who run the night to see if I could get two tickets yesterday evening.No reply yet.... I hope they get back to me. I would be able to collect the tickets tomorrow! I hope they get back to me and we can get them!:eek:

Did you manage to get your tickets squeakyduck?

The girl isn't in town till tomorrow so she said that if we pay her at the hotel we have places reserved. I'm very excited, tan is on now I hope it develops well! :eek: dress and sccessories have to go into a bag I have to bring everything to work tomorrow :rolleyes: because my friend is still in Mayo but I'm gonna try and get off work early tomorrow to catch a bus to her house! :)

Hair, nails and makeup I'll do myself so I'm ready to rock! :):)

Tux ready, dress shirt ready, bowtie ready. Now all I need is my dates corsage.

Is it in your vase :D:D:D

/runs

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    Is it in your vase :D:D:D

/runs
    Wolves are an endangered species for a reason - 'speclly deh blue ones. :p

It's tonight! :):D:eek::p;) How will I know who are boardsies and who are "non-boardsies"?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

It's tonight! :):D:eek::p;) How will I know who are boardsies and who are "non-boardsies"?!

Take someones number :D

Gonna be awesome :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

\o/ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭tough__cookie

ah no i missed out on this night !! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement