Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a Revolution

Options
  • 22-09-2010 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

What the fcuk are we doing?

The Govt., the banks, developers etc. have screwed the people of Ireland over big-time. We have pumped €35 billion so far into our various banks and have nothing to show for it. People don't realise the amount of money this whole bailout is costing - so far its 35,000 million euros. The figure is off the chart and its rising. We will be paying this back for decades. 13% of our working population are unemployed and this figure is also rising. Thousands of people are in negative equity.

Aside from the banks, we are running the country at a deficit of another couple of billion per year. The Govt. are talking about "savage" cutbacks of €7b over the next 2 budgets. To be honest so what, €7b is a drop in the ocean compared to what we owe. Lets face it, we are bust and no spin or bullsh1t can save us from this. We are just putting off the inevitable. The IMF and Europe will step in eventually because we are incapable of handling our own finances. The Govt. are lost, the opposition look even more lost, yet what do we do - fcuk all.

We are in a worse position than Iceland and Greece and see the way people reacted there. They took to the streets and stood up, saying "enough is enough". If this happened anywhere else in the developed world there would be riots. For a start, there should be a one day national work stoppage by everyone. I'm not talking about some Trade Union propaganda sh1t as they are also to blame these past few years. Every man, woman, child should get up and march to their local TD and give em hell.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Cool story, bro!

PS: You're a tad late with the patriotism there by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I agree, im off to get my pitch fork.

People of AH rise up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

You say you wanna revolution, well you know, you better free your mind instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

th;dr? Op is giving free cake to all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I'm busy collecting my dole that day :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

This type of thread appears every 2nd day essentially. Please realise the Irish as a whole are a bunch of lazy bastards who wont do anything until the rest will get up and do it, while the rest have the same mentality as them.

Plus, half the people who post ****e about "revolutions" probably couldn't do any better in office themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Warper wrote: »

The Govt., the banks, developers etc. have screwed the people of Ireland over big-time. We have pumped €35 billion so far into our various banks and have nothing to show for it. People don't realise the amount of money this whole bailout is costing - so far its 35,000 million euros. The figure is off the chart and its rising. We will be paying this back for decades. 13% of our working population are unemployed and this figure is also rising. Thousands of people are in negative equity.

Aside from the banks, we are running the country at a deficit of another couple of billion per year. The Govt. are talking about "savage" cutbacks of €7b over the next 2 budgets. To be honest so what, €7b is a drop in the ocean compared to what we owe. Lets face it, we are bust and no spin or bullsh1t can save us from this. We are just putting off the inevitable. The IMF and Europe will step in eventually because we are incapable of handling our own finances. The Govt. are lost, the opposition look even more lost, yet what do we do - fcuk all.

We are in a worse position than Iceland and Greece and see the way people reacted there. They took to the streets and stood up, saying "enough is enough". If this happened anywhere else in the developed world there would be riots. For a start, there should be a one day national work stoppage by everyone. I'm not talking about some Trade Union propaganda sh1t as they are also to blame these past few years. Every man, woman, child should get up and march to their local TD and give em hell.
    Dont think the protests in greece worked
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/09/11/greece.austerity.measures/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

Sit down OP.....

you never got up did you? keyboard warrior....:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

So, aside from having a march, what's your plan for fixing this mess OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

What are the odds OP is a taxi driver?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 steo2009

We need a new goverment and new party maybe ??????:D The hole issues with the banks is crazy in time and age some like this to happen.

Don't ya know? They talking bout revolution.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

The figure is off the chart and its rising.

Thats only a matter of scale... quit yer scare mongering...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

ok. and after we've overthrown this tyrannic government, what do we do then? oh yeah, we get on with it anyway. it's not like if we have a revolution the debts and bloated public service will just dissapear.

defeatist attitudes are for people with nothing better to do except bitch and moan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭starlit

As another poster said....lets recession our way out of the recession!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

There seems to be a thread like this every week now.

What you really want to be doing is organising marches on government buildings and banks, not be a keyboard warrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

ok. and after we've overthrown this tyrannic government, what do we do then? oh yeah, we get on with it anyway. it's not like if we have a revolution the debts and bloated public service will just dissapear.

defeatist attitudes are for people with nothing better to do except bitch and moan

Pursue different policies, perhaps?
    And a revolution wouldn't be necessary, just an election; though, i'm yet to be convinced those in opposition would differ enough to make any huge difference.
    A defeatist attitude, by the way, is just saying, as you do, 'Oh, there's nothing we can do about it, so just shut up'.
    Or is that a Fianna Fail attitude?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

I am so f*king motivated right now,

THAT'S IT,
    I'm leaving work early, and I'm gonna take a sh1t on the train, and stand up for my god damn rights ...

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

ascanbe wrote: »
    Pursue different policies, perhaps?
    And a revolution wouldn't be necessary, just an election; though, i'm yet to be convinced those in opposition would differ enough to make any huge difference.
    A defeatist attitude, by the way, is just saying, as you do, 'Oh, there's nothing we can do about it, so just shut up'.
    Or is that a Fianna Fail attitude?

a defeatist attitiude is saying the whole thing's f'ucked, lets burn parliment. it's also plain stupid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

A couple of audience members on The Frontline the other night mentioned Sep 29th as being a day of action/march/protest. Didn't see anyhting about it anywhere else...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

If you want to RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE at least do it effectively. Hound every FF backbench TD you can find. Picket their Constituency office, their Dail office, harangue them when they enter and leave the Dail. In effect make their professional life hell. That would have some effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

If dole scroungers and public sector employees get drastic pay cuts then we'll see riots. That's what triggered it in Iceland and Greece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You say you want a revolution
    Well you know
    We all want to change the world
    You say you want a revolution
    Well you know
    We all want to....

..... oh look the Simpsons is on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭bytey

why no revolution you ask

cos as long as we have drink available

we couldnt give a fcuk

and they know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

You missed the boat, it's long past time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i saw one of them student types in town today wearing a t shirt with the slogan 'revolution is coming' written on it, god i wanted to twat the prick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

I with you bigtime on this OP, now wheres my che guevara t-shirt and my rollies?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭queensinead

Sea Sharp wrote: »
    If dole scroungers and public sector employees get drastic pay cuts then we'll see riots. That's what triggered it in Iceland and Greece.

They already got "drastic pay cuts" (if 20% in the case of some PS workers is "drastic") in the last "very fair" budget, which left everything else virtually untouched.
    No riots to speak of.

• Advertisement

They already got "drastic pay cuts" (if 20% in the case of some PS workers is "drastic") in the last "very fair" budget, which left everything else virtually untouched.
    No riots to speak of.

Except for the 12-13% of the population already unemployed.
    They got a 100% pay cut. No one cares about ps getting paycuts except ps. You have secure jobs, deal with it. Just don't change your car this year.

Advertisement