Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Bono on the take

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Brightest_Nite

Yes, I read that. They claimed that they don't do "on the ground" work, by that I mean they don't give directly to the poor. They claim they are an advocacy group who highlight issues.

Bono lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Bono should be reconised for what he is..an ego-driven money-grabber,hypocrite and tax-dodging charlatan.

The only thing that drives Mr Hewson is personal gain and hubris.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Degsy wrote: »
    The only people who can be accurately described as suckers are the idiots who continue to swell this man's coffers by going to his gigs and buying his wretched music.

You may like Bono but he cares not one whit about you..he merely sees you as a source of tax-free income.

Thats how principled he is.

Why are you so wrapped up within your own negativity, I cannot understand but pity anyone who could be so cynical and critical of other people's contribution and well being?

Make more constructive use of your time and your mind.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,750 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Why are you so wrapped up within your own negativity, I cannot understand but pity anyone who could be so cynical and critical of other people's contribution and well being?

Make more constructive use of your time and your mind.:)

No no. When said person is asking and demanding and lecturing to others, particularly Irish people, on their commitments and contributions to Africa, then only a gullible mug would show no interest. Bono/bonehead is dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Txatxu Urki

well said walshb, and I was extremely dissappointed with Dave Fanning and his bullsh$t about Bono being Irelands greatest.Nice to think our licence fee goes to pay for this kind of tripe.. Fanning should be sent to the Gulag..Ill personally drive him!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

So basically Bono uses all that money to lobby to governements who get their money from taxpayers i.e us. So then the governments put more money aside for aid but that means theres less money to help the poor and sick at home. And Bono gets to carry on his ego trip without putting a cent towards that aid.

A better solution would be for Bono and his rich buddies to give their money as aid to help people in Africa while our governemnt can keep more money to help the poor and sick at home and then people may no longer see Bono as a smug egotistical prat. Everyone wins.

Advertisement