Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlevania:Lords of shadow

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

tman wrote: »
    Picked this back up after a week away on hols and was loving it until I got to the
    Clockwork Tower
    level, I'm not really sure if I should be posting in this thread or the "Hated sections in games" one...
    I can't think of any other level in a game that has so perfectly illustrated the flaws in an otherwise good game.:(

I didn't mind this level. Why does it bother you? Is it the timed jumps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Mr. K wrote: »
    I didn't mind this level. Why does it bother you? Is it the timed jumps?

It wasn't just the timed jumps, the controls just feel so imprecise at times, you can end up jumping at a 45 degree angle to the direction you were holding, then there are the times that you miss a handhold which was clearly within reach... It just summed up everything I hated about the platforming aspect of this game in one hugely frustrating level.
    The
    music box
    is a ****er of a level too!:p

If anything they made me glad that the devs stuck to a combat-centric game, as they clearly don't seem up to making a platformer!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

tman wrote: »
    The
    music box
    is a ****er of a level too!:p
    It's worth going through that level just to see them incorporate the old Castlevania music into the game. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

I feel so sorry for anybody trying to 1000 point/plat this game... The trial for that level would be unbelievably frustrating!
    The music was nice mind you, but got a bit grating after a while along with the frequently repeated phrases which nearly had me diving for the mute button again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Just wondering if the corrupt save bug in the Xbox 360 version.

• Advertisement

Is it in the Ps3 version? :confused:
    I didnt encounter it.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Just wondering if the corrupt save bug in the Xbox 360 version.

It was supposedly in the PS3 version, but I don't recall any reports about it being in the 360 one.

Pretty sure it doesn't happen on the xbox version.

I got the "Unhandled exception" error which forced me out of the game at the end of a boss fight 3/4 of the way through the game, nearly crapped myself when I googled it and found out it usually means your save has been corrupted!!
    Thankfully it wasn't the case for me on the xbox!

Finished it the other day and
    absolutely loved the ending, that was one of the most strangely satisfying senses of closure I've ever had at the end of a game that left everything wide open!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

This is down to E35 in town now making it very tempting for me, must resist until I have gotten through some of the backlog!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Single player games drop in price very fast these days. It will probably be 20 euro come Christmas. The collectors edition is ridiculous however, if it ever comes out. Supposed to be around 75-80 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Finally got around to completing this last night. Last boss was a bit easy, but great ending, great game. Going to find the few gems I missed and I might try some of the trials, but cannot wait for the DLC in March and May/June.

Any word on what the DLC will be?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Finished this too, class game,it deserved better reviews, the music box level was fairly frustrating alright, cant wait for the sequel which is already in development

Yup. One is a continuation of the actual ending. I think the other one concentrates on Claudia and the Black Knight.

whats this?

Getting 1k from this would be quite the *looks around* achievement.

:D

I've just finished on medium, and just tidying up some of the gems, only need 5 shadow and 1 life gem. Then I'm going to do the trials, then the Hardest mode. Should tide me over until the DLC.

chrislad wrote: »
    Getting 1k from this would be quite the *looks around* achievement.

Indeed it would, I finished it on Crusader and only got 380 points. The bulk of the points are in the trials, which I'm sure are extremely tough at times!

Indeed it would, I finished it on Crusader and only got 380 points. The bulk of the points are in the trials, which I'm sure are extremely tough at times!

Some are going to be tricky but the majority seem straightforward. I've only done Chapter 1 and one or two here or there. Note that difficulty doesn't matter for the trials, so you can do them on easy. I'm on about 480 or so now, with 11 chapters to 'trial' and finish on Paladin, as well as get the last two combos, which will come with replaying the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Just had to chime in on this game again and bring the thread back. I picked it up a few months back in HMV for 12.99 and got to it after finishing another game from last year - Enslaved.

This is a Gem of a game I have to say. I've never played GoW or SOTC so had no preconceptions about the combat coming in. Big castlevania fan from way back to the NES days though. If you've not played this game then it's definitely worth picking up. Great story, amazingly satisfying ending and some good battles throughout.

I'm working on the challenges now while going for my Paladin run through. Now that I'm all powered up it's quite easy going back through the levels knowing the controls inside out.

Great game and going cheap now. Real crime to pass it up IMO

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,970 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm a big castelvania fan and thought this game would be rubbish since it was such a big departure from the original games. However it's really good and I liked the combat system as well. The story is a bit daft and I felt sorry for the actors trying to make the best out of some bad lines but it was fun in a cheesey way. For the price it goes for it's well recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Actually just got my 1000gamerscore out of this one last week. I'd be lying if I said it blew me away though. It's started well, and stayed that way. Never really advanced from good to great though. Certainly worth a spin if you can find it on the cheap.

any news of a new castlevania or a sequale to this on the way?

Advertisement