Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Packed Lunch

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

For a year when I did a PLC courseI used to get microwave meals of pasta or rice from Aldi and put them in a little lunch box tub, then heat them up in the microwave in the canteen. I had better lunches than most people.

Now in college I make fajitas or pasta to put in my little tub, Often its just my left over dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Nowadays some schools don't allow treats like a bar or a packet of crisps only on a friday

I used to get (pork onion and tomato) luncheon meat and sometimes cold sausage sandwiches or egg mayonnaise the smell oh sweet jesus the smell :(

Some kids would bring in their sandwiches wrapped up in the bread wrapper
    I thought that was cool I used to be so jealous of the for some reason my mother would never allow us to bring in ours like that

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I had a custom-built Beachcomers lunch box at one stage.
    Ah, Relic!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Never had a lunch box, we always threw the stuff in a plastic bag....things were free back in them days, not a 22c rip off :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

When I was in school my lunch consisted of Chicken & Ham roll sandwiches wrapped in tin foil accompanied by a 250ml Shannon mineral bottle filled with milk. I'd get 20p off my Mam which I normally spent on two Chomp bars.

This was back in the 80's and 90's. Back then my parents would have balked at the amount of money given to kids these days to go out and buy rolls, pies, wedges etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I had a custom-built Beachcomers lunch box at one stage.
    Ah, Relic!

Brill:D I have a friend in Limerick who goes by the nickname Relic cos he's the spit of Relic from the Beachcombers. In recent years his hair's gone grey so we started calling him Rolf after Rolf Harris instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I still bring my lunch to college, and a flask of coffee, its a euro for the cheapest mug of coffee and I get 3 mugs worth in my flask and much better quality for a fraction of the price. Prefer to bring my lunch too, more choice, cheaper and a better macro breakdown. It would be even better if the uni would cop on and let us use the postgrad canteens - they're legally required to build a kitchen of some sort for use by postgrads, but they aren't required (or no one is forcing them) to allow us to use them. As a result they lock them or make them off limits mainly out of spite since it would cost them nothing more to allow us to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭L.O.F.T

My memory of packed lunch's is this filth: snot city: Heinz Sandwich Spread:

Lekker dirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Pittybitty

Is this the meat paste you remember? Cos I think its the one I used to get force fed!! :D

Advertisement