Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of a glass of wine?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

Too much...

Thats why I just buy an €8 bottle for myself and get pissed

At home.

Alone.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

goose2005 wrote: »
    1 testicle.
    Left or Right?

You know who has cheap wine? There's a little French (Italian? Ican't remember) place in Heathrow. Good wine selection and cheap as chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Its around 5 euros for a glass of wine in a pub???:eek: i was thinking maybe 2 euro. No more than 3.
    I don't see anything too surprising, I think a glass is usually 1/4bottle, most people get those little bottles, not a glass. Most pubs charge ~€5 for a bottle of beer which can be €1 in the offie. A bottle of vodka is €20 or less these days, and contains roughly 20shots, so under €1 per shot but they can charge 4 times that.

I usually get 2L of coke €1.50, it would be €28 for 2L in my local!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Looks like this thread has gone off on a total tangent :rolleyes:

Anyway to be boring a 1/4 bottle is technically a Glass and a half and will more than likely exceed 2 units so it something to be considered when getting blathered on wine. Therefore 5-6 Euro is not bad value compared to Beer and spirits. If sold by the poured glass you are then depending on the bar man to give you the added value of a large pour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

Last place i worked all reds were €3.50 and whites were from €3.50-4.50,for a quart bottle, place i am now(hotel) €5.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

In city center Dublin it's usually between €4.50 and €6 for a 1/4 bottle of wine. Your selection is usually fairly limited though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Where I work its between 5.50 and 7 eur for a 175ml glass

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

rubadub wrote: »
    I don't see anything too surprising, I think a glass is usually 1/4bottle, most people get those little bottles, not a glass. Most pubs charge ~€5 for a bottle of beer which can be €1 in the offie. A bottle of vodka is €20 or less these days, and contains roughly 20shots, so under €1 per shot but they can charge 4 times that.

I usually get 2L of coke €1.50, it would be €28 for 2L in my local!

Heres my logic. You can get a decent enough bottle of wine for 7/8euro. Therefore 5 euro for a glass of wine is rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Heres my logic. You can get a decent enough bottle of wine for 7/8euro. Therefore 5 euro for a glass of wine is rip off.
    Well then your logic is simply that all pubs are a rip off, as its in line with other prices.

Your original quote was
    Its around 5 euros for a glass of wine in a pub???:eek: i was thinking maybe 2 euro. No more than 3.
    You seemed shocked but I was just saying it is inline with other drink prices in pubs, I was not saying it is good value or anything, just that there is no reason to be shocked. Its a lot better value than spirits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

rubadub wrote: »
    Well then your logic is simply that all pubs are a rip off, as its in line with other prices.

Your original quote was

You seemed shocked but I was just saying it is inline with other drink prices in pubs, I was not saying it is good value or anything, just that there is no reason to be shocked. Its a lot better value than spirits.

Thats why i don't go into pubs anymore.

• Advertisement
Advertisement