Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N25/N30 - New Ross Bypass [open to traffic]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭josip

The lack of historical documents with regard to Ireland's infrastructure is notable. The paperwork is somewhere but local authorities seem to have no interest in digitising it (or even just scanning) to let the rest of us see it.

In fairness, while I was looking I found Wex CoCo Council minutes from the time scanned and freely available online.
    Nothing for KK CoCo however.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

And the Romans never came!

They did, but since they called it Hibernia (Winterland), they decided to leave it to the unfortunate locals.

There are some things that are just not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,758 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The lack of historical documents with regard to Ireland's infrastructure is notable. The paperwork is somewhere but local authorities seem to have no interest in digitising it (or even just scanning) to let the rest of us see it.

Not unique to infrastructure. Similar for archive television. The Brits put us to shame in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

I see there is a notice of up coming road works near The Ru Glen, anyone any idea what is being done?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭jelutong

Seems that the planned Dual Carriageway from the Luffany Roundabout to the New Ross bypass is back on the menu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,845 ✭✭✭CoBo55

And the Romans never came!

They did, they built a short section of road from Duncannon inland and said feck this for a caper, we're outta here, this place is a dump...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭chooseusername

CoBo55 wrote: »
    They did, they built a short section of road from Duncannon inland and said feck this for a caper, we're outta here, this place is a dump...
    Veni, vidi, non vis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not unique to infrastructure. Similar for archive television. The Brits put us to shame in that regard.

Indeed, YouTube has just fragments of irelands audio visual history and that's entirely down to amateurs and thier VHS and audio tapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭m17

The Barrow crossing 22/03/20
    SWAZxDb.jpg

I see a truck ploughed through the ballymacar roundabout.

• Advertisement

W7DKxrb.jpg
    Too all you roadies let's all say save out there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Azatadine

alta stare wrote: »
    I see a truck ploughed through the ballymacar roundabout.

Saw that this morning alright. Never saw the roundabout coming up at all obviously. There was a van smashed up there too so must have taken it out before mounting the roundabout. He almost went over the other side too so must have been flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

A dungarvan truck.

Azatadine wrote: »
    Saw that this morning alright. Never saw the roundabout coming up at all obviously. There was a van smashed up there too so must have taken it out before mounting the roundabout. He almost went over the other side too so must have been flying.

Was bound to happen. To be fair the fog wasnt a help. He must not of been paying too much attention either. Hopefully no one was hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Was bound to happen. To be fair the fog wasnt a help. He must not of been paying too much attention either. Hopefully no one was hurt.

Why exactly?

tonc76 wrote: »
    Why exactly?

There isn't a roundabout in the country that hasn't been driven through at some stage or other.
    Simply a matter of time.

I wonder did/can they check the driver's phone activity at the time.

josip wrote: »
    There isn't a roundabout in the country that hasn't been driven through at some stage or other.
    Simply a matter of time.

I wonder did/can they check the driver's phone activity at the time.

Fair enough but that's a driver issue rather than an issue with the roundabout.

Why exactly?

1: Speed

2: Foggy Conditions

3: Big Truck

4: Unfamiliar with road layout

5: Driver not paying attention

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭chooseusername

also, maybe not familiar with left-turn slip lanes at roundabouts.

Driver error 1 - 5!

• Advertisement

Driver error 1 - 5!

No doubt it was driver error.

The Barrow crossing 29/03/20
    jri5vCE.jpg

The Barrow crossing 02/04/20 (pic fb page)
    PhoB6KG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

m17 wrote: »
    The Barrow crossing 02/04/20

Stunning picture. Congratulations on 4,000 posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

m17 wrote:
    The Barrow crossing 02/04/20

Where are the credits for these photos?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

To be fair to m17, he(?) has regularly credited pics, and always says e.g. 'FB page'. I think most regulars on this thread - all 186 pages of it - are aware that m17 is not the photographer and has never claimed to be.

BGYHHvJ.png
    Royston Palmer for anyone who's interested.

Can someone who knows photography tell me if its possible to get that type of night sky with exposure trickery?
    Or is it photoshopped in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

BGYHHvJ.png

Can someone who knows photography tell me if its possible to get that type of night sky with exposure trickery?

I would imagine its photoshop. Probably more than one picture and exposures. Sky is one shot, bridge is another and foreground maybe another. The camera is locked on tripod and he takes numerous shots of the same frame with different exposure then combines them. There is no camera that could pick up that contrast range in one shot.
    Edit: looking at it again that sky is just photoshopped in I would think, different location as you would not see that many stars in a light polluted area like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Frostybrew

BGYHHvJ.png

Looks like long exposure photography. A photographer would leave the shutter open for a longer period of time, allowing lower light levels to register on the sensor or film. Works well with night skies as the stars are more or less stationary for the amount of time that the sensor is open. The downside is that movement will register as a blur or streak; which is why the bridge light reflections in the river appear blurred or smudged, in the above photo.

Having said this, many photographers will use this blur or streak to get some very beautiful photographic effects.

Advertisement