Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there ANY Happy ImagineWimax Customers Here At All?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 berbut

CANCEL IT WHILE YOU CAN !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 berbut

We had reps for imagine call to us in Kildare June this year .. they couldn't recommend it enough ..even though i had no problems with Eircom i couldn't refuse such a good offer ..,about 2weeks ago we received the letter saying that we where with them .. and 2 days later the hub arrived .I didn't set it up until a couple of days later but ever since it has been a NIGHTMARE .I have been onto tech support 5 times .ringing their 1890 number ..each call i had to go through the same thing .checking network settings .they where able to speed it up a little each time but not long later it was back to square one ..tonight i got 0.6 mg when i an paying for 3mg .. cant even watch a 17sec clip on youtube .. i rang tonight and the tech support told me that 0.6 mg is not a bad speed and was in the range of what i am paying for as their service was uncontentional and would fluctuate ..i was getting better speeds with dial up ..i was with eircom many years and NEVER had a days trouble with their broadband ..how dare he expect me to accept what he was saying was right. and then turn around and tell me that if i am not happy ..go ahead and cancel it but i would be paying 100euro ...how can they expect people to pay that when they are falsely advertising something .exploiting people !! i now have to cancel it and wait for 3 weeks to get my eircom reconnected ...i am warning anyone who is interested in it to forget it ..i have had the internet since 1999.and used many different companies and you cant beat eircom !!! there is a new offer on for 42 a month ..i will be going back with them but feel so hard done by and sick at the fact that i fell for the falseness that imagine are advertising .. DONT BELIEVE WIMAX ..ITS ALL A LIE !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

Once again, to anyone reading this- it is incredibly foolish to disconnect perfectly good DSL in favour of Mobile "Broadband" from any company.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Yes. 1Mbps DSL is better than Mobile (Meteor/e.Mobile/Eircom, 3, O2 or Vodafone) or Imagine WiMax
    http://www.techtir.ie/comms/mobile-vs-fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

Just thought i'd give a 100% neutral view.. I won a years free Imagine WiMax on 98fm. So im not being bitter as I have no contract and not out of pocket...

I won the 7mb WiMax package and I have max reached 2.5mb. I have to wait fot you tube videos to buffer.. what are we in the 90's.

I am living in Dublin 13 which is quite built up so I guess this may affect the speed (even though it shouldn't) I defo will not be paying for another year after my free year is up. Eircom might be a little more expensive but Imagine WiMAx is defo not "Faster", "Better". At least with Eircom you pay for 7mb you get the 7mb.

One plus I can say is that the customer support is excellent. And I can "IMAGINE" <- see what I did there ;)..... anyone with problems will be dealt with fairly swiftly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭barrmur

Glad you had a good experience with customer service but I cant say I have had a similar experience. I have still not gotten a reply to an e mail I sent them on the 22nd of Sept. I am still waiting for a call back from a customer service agent who said he "would get back to me in 30 minutes after talking to his supervisor", that was on the 7th of Oct, 6 days and counting. After contacting ComReg I got a mail from them yesterday at 1pm saying that I would be contacted by a "customer service manager shortly". Still waiting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Andrew H

I signed up with Imagine and so far i've had nothing but problems with the service. They messed up the porting of my phone number from Eircom (which they assured me a the time of sale would happen automatically in 10 days and then blamed me for not calling them) and in the end it took them 2 months to sort it out. They then tried to bill me for the 2 months it had taken them to sort out the porting issue while I was still been billed by Eircom!

I am only using their phone line service now for the last 3 or 4 days. The first day it was like using an old cb radio but the next day it was working ok so I presumed it was a once off. But today I have no service at all!!

The light on the box keeps flashing up and down and I have reset it and pluged it out but nothing helps. Their customer service shuts early on a Saturday..... Im sorry I switched at all. I have had nothing but problems with this company and their very, very poor customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spannerotoole

“Imagine, an internet service”, or should that be “Imagine an internet service”

I used to work for imagine. I helped a customer get set up on my first day on phones. Now the problem is that this person uses a mac and Imagine don’t support macs. I was not told this and since I use Operating System agnostic instructions, I should be able to help anyone, regardless of whether they are using windows, OS X, Linux or even syllableOS.
    But Imagine only likes windows customers. If anyone wants a good recommendation stay away from Imagine and go with UPC If anyone wants the password for the indoor hubs it’s “motorola”
    And yes extreme weather conditions do affect it’s usability as it’s technically “Mobile wimax” and not “fixed wimax.” even with the fixed installations, it is still mobile wimax, as these units do not support the infinitely better fixed wimax standard. (For users in the west, check out NetWest who do provide this service)
    They cannot email users on the Microsoft Network (hotmail, live and msn email addresses) because Microsoft have blocked the imagine.ie domain due to spam reasons. So if you want to have a chance at getting back an email from them, please use a different domain email address. If you want to ask for a manager, please ask for Mark or Brian. Mark is the manager who is over Brian (There are two managers called Brian, so Mark will probably be the best one to ask for.)
    I would urge users of alternative operating systems such as OS X and Linux to email Motorola for device drivers to be made available and let imagine know that you are doing this as they seem unwilling to support you by emailing support@imagine.ie. There has been some success on linux with NDISwrapper however.
    Incidentally, I was sacked on my first day on the phones with the excuse that “It wasn’t working out” although the minutes of this meeting were never written down and I was never given an answer other than I had become a liability and they did not have to answer any further than that. So ask about why they let go the agents that have good technical skills and good people skills. And yes, I can speak perfect english on the phone too.
    I cannot give my real name for obvious reasons.
    But for those users who have an option, go with UPC as they are infinitely much better with support and stability. And no, I don’t work for UPC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Were you in Armagh or Dublin spanner...or is all the wimax support in Dublin ?

wimax support as far as i know is all handled in barrow street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Booom!

Im on a 3mb package
    29626666.png
    1059806448.png

Speaks for itself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Booom! wrote: »
    Im on a 3mb package
    29626666.png
    1059806448.png

Speaks for itself :)

Not in the slightest bit strange that you signed up just to share that.

No siree Bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 westhfra

1061320372.png

Here is my all singing all dancing package.
    This is with a 7 MB contract.

Mind you - one of the better results since Friday, which was all under 1 MB for the duration.

Not only that - 3 months without a phone - Faulty unit that was replaced after 20 + complaints and +- 2 hours waiting in line.

Try resetting and powering off - mmmmm- ctrl _ alt + del - Must be running on windows but that does not fix it every time.

Unless Image sort out their s******t Im back to Eircom, which is at least a stable 2 MB :)

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ttenneb

I've been a happy Imagine DSL customer for years. But this year signed up for the 7mg package. Both up and download speeds are nowhere near the promised level, but what's worse is the distortion I'm having on the phone. I've reported these problems and had contact with the suport team, but was led to believe the problem was how I had the various bits of equipment placed in the house. Having read the foregoing complaints from others I'm going to cancel unless they can improve the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

westhfra wrote: »
    1061320372.png

Here is my all singing all dancing package.
    This is with a 7 MB contract.
    138581.png

Mind you - one of the better results since Friday, which was all under 1 MB for the duration.

Not only that - 3 months without a phone - Faulty unit that was replaced after 20 + complaints and +- 2 hours waiting in line.

Try resetting and powering off - mmmmm- ctrl _ alt + del - Must be running on windows but that does not fix it every time.

Unless Image sort out their s******t Im back to Eircom, which is at least a stable 2 MB :)

It baffles me why anyone with DSL that isn't broken would sign up for "Imagine Wimax". It's not really broadband. Yes you can save money, but that's pointless if you need Broadband.

Meteor, O2, Three or Vodafone are at least "properly" mobile and Nationwide for "on the go" usage.

As one of the other users said DO NOT SIGN WITH IMAGINE.

You'll have more hassle than anything else.

- Slow speed
    - phone line issues
    - faulty equipment
    - be prepared to hold the line for an average of 10 min before some person tell you to power off and on again ( I think my power button has by this time been warned out)

And yes - unlimited downloads ? yeah sure - apart from the annoying fair policy usage screen popping up every so often.

They then reduce your download speed to under 1/2 a MEG.

Once everyone is back to work - I'll pay the 20 Euro extra and go back to Eircom. I'm fed up with paying for unreliable/unstable service and the fact that I have been lied to with the so called uncapped downloads.

Only reason why I singed up in the first place is that I was offered 7 MEG as opposed to the 3 MEG - This has now apparently been corrected by Eircom.

Don't take my word for it - I'm sure there is people that is very happy with downloading a recipe once a week for Sunday dinner and for the rest of the time is glued to the TV to watch Coronation Street, or some cr**** like that.

Try UPC, there is a cap of 250GB per month, but they don't reduce your speed if you go over, they send you a nice warning letter

here's my speeds on a 25MB connection

1085347407.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

you will be lucky if UPC do cover your area if they do tough OP id suggest you do get UPC if you can they seem to be one of the best ISP'S in ireland right now ,and alot cheaper than eircom vodafone UTV etc....

jay93 wrote: »
    you will be lucky if UPC do cover your area if they do tough OP id suggest you do get UPC if you can they seem to be one of the best ISP'S in ireland right now ,and alot cheaper than eircom vodafone UTV etc....

Is there any service provider that is of some use in this country ?

By that I mean - someone that can provide a decent service outside of the Cities. Guess Not.

Seems like Wimax has got me where they want to.
    - Cannot go to other service provider because there is None.
    - Eircom tested line a whopping 2MB capacity.
    - Wimax screw me with a 32GB download limit.
    - UPC - Not available ( surprise surprise)
    - Clearwire - is Actually wimax
    - Crossans - Not available
    - Some other so called service provider - 2,5 GB cap through satellite with 3
    MB download.

I get the impression that none of these clowns want to do business.
    No wonder this country is where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

westhfra wrote: »
    Is there any service provider that is of some use in this country ?

By that I mean - someone that can provide a decent service outside of the Cities. Guess Not.

Seems like Wimax has got me where they want to.
    - Cannot go to other service provider because there is None.
    - Eircom tested line a whopping 2MB capacity.
    - Wimax screw me with a 32GB download limit.
    - UPC - Not available ( surprise surprise)
    - Clearwire - is Actually wimax
    - Crossans - Not available
    - Some other so called service provider - 2,5 GB cap through satellite with 3
    MB download.

I get the impression that none of these clowns want to do business.
    No wonder this country is where it is.

what about digiweb? http://www.digiweb.ie/home/broadband/metro/index.html

• Advertisement

Afraid not - Digiweb supply a service here but through Eircom's lines.

Now I had Eircom test the line (not falling for the sales pitch again) and it is capable of a whopping 2 MB.

Advertisement