Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadows of the Damned. New Mikami/Suda 51 game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Heavy Metal up your ass!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,150 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The music in the trailer sucks ass, but that game looks hella cool. What a promising collaboration!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

It looks like RE4 with 472% added insanity! cannot wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well its got great pedigree: Mikami and Suda51 designing, and heard the music is being scored by the composer for Silent Hill.

Plus it looks fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭stooodent

suda51 thought they closed up shop! this newz pleases me greatly :pac:.....
    Killer7 was the business:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Looks deadly I have to say.

I'm excited!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's looking a hell of a lot better than it did a few months ago. Like a crazier Resident Evil 4.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,150 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Suda bringing the lunacy, Mikami bringing the good gameplay.

Excitement!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i cant believe i just seen this lol!!! super excited for this now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

and its out soon. looks brilliant!

• Advertisement

Good preview of this in Edge this month. Their conclusion seems to be that it doesn't break much new gameplay ground but the delivery is absolutely bonkers and fantastic.

I completely re-evaluate my extremely negative stance on dubbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

looks unbelievable. TASTE MY BIG BONER!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

This keeps reminding me of Nightmare Creatures... I'm not sure why though, but I'm sure that's not a bad thing. Looks fantastic! I didn't realize that it was out so soon though. I thought it was scheduled for something around halloween this year.

that dub reminded me of Ninja Warrior tv programme :pac: hilarious stuff!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

shadowsofthedamned2d.jpg

2D sections confirmed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭bugs

They still haven't let anything slip about multiplayer, or if there even is any!
    Be very interested to see what, if anything, comes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hmm this out next week ??????
    bugs wrote: »
    They still haven't let anything slip about multiplayer, or if there even is any!
    Be very interested to see what, if anything, comes up.

Judging from the Achievements/Trophies list I would say no multiplayer

They've been asked the multiplayer question a few times at shows, etc. Each time PR have stepped in and told them not to answer.
    Entirely possible theres none at all but i'd love to get some form of mercenaries type action.
    I wouldn't be too worried that the trophies don't indicate it.

Yeah still amazed this is coming next week - has been barely any talk about it on the interwebz.

Bring on the awesome, I say.

• Advertisement

Yup, 24th June, as said on amazon!!!the price is abit higher than i expected tho D:

WTF? Next week? Didn't realise at all.

any reviews yet?

No online review, though a few sites on the net report gamesmaster magazine have given it a 90/100.

No online review, though a few sites on the net report gamesmaster magazine have given it a 90/100.

awesome, got some crappy games lined up for this for the 3 games+€3 gamestop deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

They've been asked the multiplayer question a few times at shows, etc. Each time PR have stepped in and told them not to answer.
    Entirely possible theres none at all but i'd love to get some form of mercenaries type action.
    I wouldn't be too worried that the trophies don't indicate it.

Not sure what modes for online but the back of the box says online multiplayer 2-16 players. Co-op 2-4 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

• Registered Users Posts: 7,768 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Its like loads of others games i've played but at the same time like nothing i've ever played before if that makes sense ?? Probably not...just like the game. Its insanity in computer game form and yes its brilliant.
    Those 2D loading screens as Retro posted have a brilliant backing track too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

just getting round to this one now

kept myself away from all the hype surrounding it and have no idea what to expect, but im looking forward to getting stuck into it

the intro is great anyway, so that's a good start

Advertisement