Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Origin of Specious Nonsense"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭beerbuddy

No problem, as soon as someone gives an example of how CFSI and flood 'geology' aren't complete and utter drivel.
    It is of course drivel but you should be able to backup what you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

It shows how flawed the whole creationist argument is when to back it up, they use a bastardised version of normal evolutionary theory. Leaving out the bits that don't suit them without any solid reason of course.
    ... its just the true (and proven) version of 'evolution'.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

beerbuddy wrote: »

Can you guess the name of the only poster in this thread who hasn't done that? It's pretty easy: He only has 2 letters and a space in his name.

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

J C wrote: »
    I see ... you're learning ... fast.:)

oh dear, you actually think blue whales and dolphins inter-breed.:eek:

If you can read this, you're too close!

Vodka?
    That too !!!:)

• Advertisement

You really haven't been paying attention, have you J C? You must be the only person on the planet who fails to realise my preference for single malt scotch, no ice.

Then again it's hardly surprising. You HURR DURR DURR your way through this thread without so much as glancing at anything that shows why the things you post are stupid.

By all means, please continue. You do more to show how stupid creationism is than any number of informed explanations of evolution. It is, in fact, the only reason anyone keeps poking you. We're curious to see what idiotic thing you'll post next.

koth wrote: »
    oh dear, you actually think blue whales and dolphins inter-breed.:eek:
    No I don't ... but even though False Killer Whales (pseudorcas) and bottlenose dolphins are each from a different genus ... classification systems were thrown into confusion when these two creatures mated and produced a live offspring.
    This places Killer Whales and Dolphins in the one Baramin.

... as for Blue Whales ... their inter-breeding potential may take some time to determine!!:)

... there is a job there for Sarky ... should he choose to accept!!!:D

Sarky wrote: »
    You really haven't been paying attention, have you J C? You must be the only person on the planet who fails to realise my preference for single malt scotch, no ice.

Then again it's hardly surprising. You HURR DURR DURR your way through this thread without so much as glancing at anything that shows why the things you post are stupid.

By all means, please continue. You do more to show how stupid creationism is than any number of informed explanations of evolution. It is, in fact, the only reason anyone keeps poking you. We're curious to see what idiotic thing you'll post next.
    No need to make such a 'meal of it'!!!
    Are you always as anti-social when somebody offers to buy you a drink?
    The Vodka ... was Dr Jimbob's suggestion ... I think that I'll just ask the Holy Spirit, to watch over you.:)

It isn't drivel ... and Evolutionists on this thread never back up what they say!!!
    They make unfounded accusations against me ... and unfounded claims about both evolution ... and creation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

There are a few hundred pages of why it's drivel. Why repost?
    ... its just the true (and proven) version of 'evolution'.:)
    No, it's a bastardised one that ignores facts to suit your beliefs.
    That too !!!:)
    At least we can agree on that.
    No I don't ... but even though False Killer Whales (pseudorcas) and bottlenose dolphins are each from a different genus ... classification systems were thrown into confusion when these two creatures mated and produced a live offspring.

... as for Blue Whales ... their inter-breeding potential may take some time to determine!!:)

By Baramin do you mean Species J C?
    No need to make such a 'meal of it'!!!
    Are you always as anti-social when somebody offers to buy you a drink?
    The Vodka ... was Dr Jimbob's suggestion ... I think that I'll just ask the Holy Spirit, to watch over you.:)
    He think's vodka can watch you. I'm starting to worry :(

• Advertisement

He think's vodka can watch you. I'm starting to worry :(

J C's logic must be something like "Vodka is made from potatoes. Potatoes have ears. Ears to listen!" Except that's cauliflowers. But at least he's consistently wrong about everything.

Or possibly he's thinking of Mr. Potatohead.

No, it's a bastardised one that ignores facts to suit your beliefs.
    A perfect definition of Microbes to Man Evolution!!

At least we can agree on that.
    We agree ... but Sarky isn't very impressed at your lack of knowledge of his drinking habits.

By Baramin do you mean Species J C?
    It means Kind.

J C's logic must be something like "Vodka is made from potatoes. Potatoes have ears. Ears to listen!" Except that's cauliflowers. But at least he's consistently wrong about everything.

Or possibly he's thinking of Mr. Potatohead.
    You must be hitting the Scotch again.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Baraminology is considered to be pseudoscience by the scientific community

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baraminology

Pseudoscience is a claim, belief, or practice which is presented as scientific, but does not adhere to a valid scientific method, lacks supporting evidence or plausibility, cannot be reliably tested, or otherwise lacks scientific status.[1] Pseudoscience is often characterized by the use of vague, exaggerated or unprovable claims, an over-reliance on confirmation rather than rigorous attempts at refutation, a lack of openness to evaluation by other experts, and a general absence of systematic processes to rationally develop theories.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudoscience

Should be renamed Barmyology. Or, Boll*xology. :D

Oh didn't you know? That's all a big worldwide conspiracy by the scientists to suppress the truth. It's sooooo super secret even the scientists themselves don't know about it!

Oh didn't you know? That's all a big worldwide conspiracy by the scientists to suppress the truth. It's sooooo super secret even the scientists themselves don't know about it!
    It isn't really a conspiracy ... the suppression of ID ... and the lack of evidence for Evolution ... is right there in full view of everybody.:)

But creationism isn't suppressed. It's just doesn't catch on because it's crap. If it was backed up by anything like solid evidence, like real science, then there might be something to it, but that never, ever happens. You've failed to provide a robust definition of cfsi for years, for example, and Dembski, the very man who coined the term, fared no better until the day he abandoned it himself. All your posts are shoddy, vague, and where they're not vague they're downright incorrect.

Creation science is bollocks. Whine about it all you like. The only thing that will change the mind of the scientific community is evidence. And you and your man-crushes have never had any.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Evolutionists on this thread never back up what they say!!!
    Have you forgotten oldrnwisr's post from two days ago?

I think an apology is in order.

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

All hail our new worm overlords.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

dlofnep wrote: »
    All hail our new worm overlords.

Respecting your elders, doing it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

I wonder what the Ark version of a hyena was?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I wonder what the Ark version of a hyena was?
    Duh, something from the Hyena Kind of course!

Some kind of cat, surely? Four legs, fuzzy, I mean they're so similar...

Why did Noah only bring 0.001% of all animals on the Ark? Why did he let so many die? Why Noah, why damnit!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

Why did Noah only bring 0.001% of all animals on the Ark? Why did he let so many die? Why Noah, why damnit!

Dont knock Noah, if it was not for him we would not have a lot of the really cool animals, think about it - if he had not put black bears and polar bears in the same cage we would not have pandas!

Also Noah put ducks and otters together, this is proven by the existence of the platypus kind.

The other 99.99% were probably gay.

The other 99.99% were probably gay.

The Hyaenodon was not gay!!! :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

The Hyaenodon was not gay!!! :(:(:(

Bi-curious then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Come on now lads theres no needto take the piss, this is a very interesting and serious debate.

Oh wait. No, it isn't at all. Carry on!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement