Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorms and possible tornadoes Saturday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Sudden heavy downpour here in south Kilkenny but its easing off even before I finish typing this!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Sudden heavy downpour here in south Kilkenny but its easing off even before I finish typing this!

On it's way here by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

I was heading back westwards along the M50 just now and saw a wall of Cb approaching from the west. There's a nice shower on its way here in the next 30 minutes, and it seems to have a nice gust front to it.

Things should hit a peak in the next 2 hours, with activity in the west dying out, confining things to the east by teatime.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Su Campu wrote: »
    I was heading back westwards along the M50 just now and saw a wall of Cb approaching from the west. There's a nice shower on its way here in the next 30 minutes, and it seems to have a nice gust front to it.

Things should hit a peak in the next 2 hours, with activity in the west dying out, confining things to the east by teatime.

Yep,just starting to lash down in Lucan now and the wind has picked up considerably.

Looking west, heading towards me :

se5bhl.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

starting to get dull&grey here now,clouds rolling in fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Strangely, they just passed right over here in South Dublin giving just a few light sprinkles, it did look like armaggedon was on its way as they approached. Blue sky and sunshine again now.

Also seems a bit less humid now.

You called this brilliantly, as I was caught out in it on way back from town. :)

Is there much more to come later this evening ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Showers have come to life alright in the last hour.

http://andvari.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/i_dag_na.html?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Another downpour just starting in Lucan after a spell of sunshine.

• Advertisement

Plenty of strikes now being recorded in the east.

I've just driven from Maynooth and it's a deluge, flash flooding and hazardous driving conditions. There is an organised cell stretching from mid Kildare up to Cavan, moving eastwards and intensifying as it does so. It has given some lightning in the last few minutes, and this should continue as it crosses the east coast, from southern Co. Down to Wicklow/north Wexford.

sf_na_1d.gif?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Wow big Black Storm Cell moving in over City Centre :eek:

"Just watching a Plane Takeoff into it "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭meathgal2010

Its looking nasty here in Navan Co.Meath!! Hopefully some activity soon:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

nothing here in Trim,the sun is actually coming out now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Getting very dark now , Wind is now picking up and the Seagulls are going mad = sign that it is all about to kick off .

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

Wow I was standing on my balcony (west facindg in Dundrum, Dublin) watching the clouds coming in and the wind picked up in literally less than about 2 minutes I'd say. It was incredible! Now it's lashing, I hope we'll get some thunder :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

*eadaoin wrote: »
    Wow I was standing on my balcony (west facindg in Dundrum, Dublin) watching the clouds coming in and the wind picked up in literally less than about 2 minutes I'd say. It was incredible! Now it's lashing, I hope we'll get some thunder :)

The several miles long wall of clouds was a sight to behold alright, hopefully somebody got a photo of it, my camera is broken. OVerhead now, rain getting heavier, squally winds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭meathgal2010

jambofc wrote: »
    nothing here in Trim,the sun is actually coming out now :confused:

Sun is out here too now but there is some big black clouds??? Dont think the weather knows what to do!

Rougies wrote: »
    The several miles long wall of clouds was a sight to behold alright, hopefully somebody got a photo of it, my camera is broken. OVerhead now, rain getting heavier, squally winds.

I got a couple of shots before it started to lash, let me see if I can get some up here for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Yeah amazing to see the clouds literally roll in, dark clouds and steady rain all around me at the moment in Finglas.

• Advertisement

was stuck in traffic on malahide road bout 2 mins from hme&could see clouds closing in over head,was quiet impressive no rain or lighting yet but extreamly dark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Am watching the rain falling down in Dubalin town on the live Guiness storehouse webcam

http://www.guinness-storehouse.com/weathercam.aspx

The classic bright and breezy here in the wesht.

Some great, classic views of convection all around me now. Had a few heavy, short showers pass over but no sign of any thundershowers.

Only a couple more hours before conditions start to quickly become unfavorable for thundery development. There hasn't been as much activity as I expected yet.

4979246663_56f4fd3225.jpg

4979857188_da0827bb5f.jpg

4979857356_c112534810.jpg

possibly some of the worst photos i've ever taken, but you get the idea of the weather! :D

Another heavy shower passing over now.

Any funnels spotted anywhere today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

Not wrote: »
    Strangely, they just passed right over here in South Dublin giving just a few light sprinkles, it did look like armaggedon was on its way as they approached. Blue sky and sunshine again now.

Also seems a bit less humid now.

Well, the main course did eventually arrive after the appetizer, but it was at best mediocre and served without the billed entertainment. The pictures on the wall were the only noteworthy thing. Should I ask for my money back, or might there be anything worthwhile to follow ?

Lightning strikes since lunchtime. The storms that moved off east of Arklow is the busiest at the moment, and there's another one around Larne. The one in the east actually hasn't given any strikes in the last hour

127275.png

started to brighten up here again,only couple of light showers in what passed over head,dissapointing as looked like would of got some sparks out it :( but fingers crossed we get someting before its to late

Fairly intense looking shower in Galway on the radar at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Elmo5

well, we went to the zoo and are thoroughly soaked. Nice bit of convection around Celbridge earlier but not much activity apart from rain.

Advertisement