Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening night

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Favre has more INT's this year than Cutler :pac:.

Cutler will do 1 better than last years opening day and throw 5 on Sunday, He can't have anyone especially No 4 top his Ints. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Not sure where ya all are watching this game

I read about the interception and then the 2 minute warning before Gamepass got there.
    Gamepass must be a minute or two behind

Going to have to stop reading this thread so :D

Tight game so far (2nd with 2 min warning). Will Saints profit from interception?

To be honest they haven't profited from how poor the Vikes Defense started. The more this goes on I can see the Vikes D step it up Jared Allen hasd gotten more and more into it as the half has gone on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

It's all D so far. Hey, big play with Viks threatening with seconds left. TD!!!!!

What a catch. What a throw.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

King reports that Brady signed extension to 2014. Highest paid player in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Lirange wrote: »
    King reports that Brady signed extension to 2014. Highest paid player in the league.
    He needed that to buy a new car:D

eagle eye wrote: »
    He needed that to buy a new car:D

I wonder did they throw in AAA membership :D

I wonder did they throw in AAA membership :D
    I'd prefer if they bought his car for him tbh. Something like this would do fine.:D

scorpion.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Must be a Thomas tank: Thomas>Thomas>Thomas=TD Saints!

Excellent drive by the Saints here. Really top class pro drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Lirange wrote: »

Wonder if Moss will get a new one too. Could be a very uncomfortable few weeks for him/NE, if he doesn't feel "wanted"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Momentum is with the Saints now

davyjose wrote: »
    Wonder if Moss will get a new one too. Could be a very uncomfortable few weeks for him/NE, if he doesn't feel "wanted"
    I'd say he will but the great thing about what he said is that he wants to stay in New England and thats great news.

A hell of a lot of defense in this game :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

3 down, 1 to go. Not full of confidence bard on 3rd quarter performance, can do better things on defense and offense needs to put a scoring drive in here and now if we want a win tonight

4th and 15:00, 14-9 Saints. Close game. Lots of D!

Thats going to be hard to over turn the decision on the field of incomplete pass. From one side it looks complete from the other it doesn't.

That's a complete pass to me - I understand the second ruling on the field jumps ahead ofthe first ruling but there was no evidence there to show it was incomplete. Thems the breaks though. It's up to us now to put up 6

• Advertisement

Hmm, not as high quality game as i would thought it would be.

Very little offense but it wasnt because of top class defense, defense was good, but this performance wont strike fear into the Saints and Vikings opponents for next week

Vikings wrote: »
    That's a complete pass to me - I understand the second ruling on the field jumps ahead ofthe first ruling but there was no evidence there to show it was incomplete. Thems the breaks though. It's up to us now to put up 6
    Its was a rough one alright. The rule is that there must be undisputable evidence to overturn the call on the field and there was time where the ball was not visible. Very unfortunate, I think it was a catch myself.

That's the game barring a major surprise. Adrian ran the ball hard, a depleted defense put up a brave performance against one of the best offenses in the league. Just had no spark on offense, Brett didn't look to be on form hope it's not a sign for the rest of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,191 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Where's Jared Allen at? Roping cattle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Not a great game by any stretch of the imagination.
    Good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,191 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Ah, there's Jared. Finally got to touch Drew Brees when he was shaking his hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Is it just me or is Bradlee Van Plet a complete pain in the a$$. Cant stand him. Please please please sky get rid of him!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Is it just me or is Bradlee Van Plet a complete pain in the a$$. Cant stand him. Please please please sky get rid of him!!!

Didn't think he was too bad, me and a mate were laughing our arses off everytime he turned to look at Nick. His turns are more of a real dramatic swoop. Maybe it was the joy of the NFL returning putting in a good mood though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

When the standard bearers are a basketball coach turned anchor, a NASCAR anchor turned american football analyst and a volleyball commentator turned football analyst, I think van Pelt at least has a deep background in the game - his father was a five-time pro bowl linebacker, even if he himself wasn't up to much in his NFL career.

What was most interesting was when the discussion turned ot Jay Culter for a second - van Pelt pretty much said what everyone suspected anyways, that he has a perchant for dropping his head and generally not being a particularly positive force on the team. I wish Kevin or Nick would have been sharper and pushed it a little further given van Pelt spent two years side-by-side with Cutler at the Broncos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I thought he was pretty decent.

Delighted with the result as a Packers fan. I wasn't impressed with the Vikings at all. Rices injury looks like it's a big blow as the WR were very poor throughout.

Advertisement