Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Call of Duty: Black Ops 2] Where to Purchase?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Sorry if already posted but gamestop are launching their online store 2nite and will have a limited stock of the prestige edition to preorder if people are interested. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,902 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

iMuse wrote: »
    Sorry if already posted but gamestop are launching their online store 2nite and will have a limited stock of the prestige edition to preorder if people are interested. :)

wow didnt know they were lauching an online site

wonder can you preorder and pick up the stuff in their shops ?

also I doubt ill use it because if its anything like their rip off shops I wont be using it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

On the gamestop.ie website the hardened edition is €82 incl shipping. . .

Anyone know where they can get it for significantly cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

LakesKeane wrote: »
    On the gamestop.ie website the hardened edition is €82 incl shipping. . .

Anyone know where they can get it for significantly cheaper?

Amazon have it for £65 which works out about 79euro. The items on amazon usually wont be shipped until the day of release so you probably wont get it til Friday.
    At the end of October, start of November some retailers might offer it for cheaper. Looking for the hardened edition myself, only for the extra maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Jet Black wrote: »
    Amazon have it for £65 which works out about 79euro. The items on amazon usually wont be shipped until the day of release so you probably wont get it til Friday.
    At the end of October, start of November some retailers might offer it for cheaper. Looking for the hardened edition myself, only for the extra maps.

why not just walk into your local Gamestop and reserve hardened edition or prestige, no paying postage delivery and you get it on launch day, no waiting a week to get it in the post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Nodferatu wrote: »
    why not just walk into your local Gamestop and reserve hardened edition or prestige, no paying postage delivery and you get it on launch day, no waiting a week to get it in the post.

Most online retailers have free postage and some send it a couple of days before launch. Like last year I ordered mine online and got it early.

The only thing is last year it was about 10euro cheaper online compared to the shops. This year there is not much of a difference.

I would not pre order it now anyway as some places will be doing special offers closer to its release.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

I put in the 5 fullstops eg "....." lol,anything I ordered from them [game.co.uk]before has arrived,hopefully I won't have jinxed it:D

Game.co.uk cancelled my order :(,looks like I'll pick up the hardened edition instead.
    Dear Customer,

Thank you for your order. Call of Duty: Black Ops Limited Prestige Edition [Xbox 360]

Unfortunately (as stated on our website (http://www.game.co.uk/help/Shipping.aspx), we do not ship items over 1kg internationally and we are therefore not able to fulfil your order, which has now been cancelled.
    No money has been taken from your account for this order.
    Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience and disappointment this may have caused.

Kind Regards,

GAME Customer Services

• Registered Users Posts: 53,902 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I know getting the RC Car would be a waste of money, i don't even know where the nightvision goggles i got with MW2 are now! However, i still have to have it!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Headshot wrote: »

you'd get crippled on the customs with that though, shipping something that weight and size from the states is pointless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭VickBack

I've mine prebooked in xtravision... 5 euro deposit down n 118 euro left to pay... Still don't know whether or not I'm getting the hardened or the prestige one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

student travel card doesn't give any discounts at any of the game shops or anywhere you'd get black ops.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Probably tesco tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Harvey Norman were selling MW2 for cheap last year, think around 35euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Will Tesco have the hardened edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭easytiger2009

I pre-ordered the hardened edition in xtra-vision yesterday & have just noticed that on the receipt it just says Black Ops II, no mention that its the hardened edition.

Is this normal or did the guy behind the counter make a mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

I pre-ordered the hardened edition in xtra-vision yesterday & have just noticed that on the receipt it just says Black Ops II, no mention that its the hardened edition.

Is this normal or did the guy behind the counter make a mistake?

He probably messed up your order, I'd go back in just check

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

Is it only GameStop that has this as an exclusive for hardened/prestige they have said this on there facebook
    I was let down one year by hmv because of this I don't want it happening again this year smyths and xtravision seem to be advertising it
    On the official black ops site only GameStop comes up from the drop down menu where as the UK has a number of shops supplying it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gerrymac1982

hey there lads,

does anyone know of any shops doing the midnight release?

what do you get extra in the hardened this time?

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭easytiger2009

He probably messed up your order, I'd go back in just check

Went back in the other day, reciept just says Black Ops II but they checked my preorder on the computer & confirmed it was for the Hardened version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

I've ordered my copy through Littlewoods. Will I still get the pre-order bonus content? Sorry if this is a dumb question. Just dont know how this works.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Shifty Shellshock

Just pre-ordered the Hardened edition in HMV for €70. Also bought Call of Duty 4 in there for €18. Boner much?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Anywhere online selling the hardened edition pre-order? Gamestop says it is but when I click hardened I only get the option to pre order the regular game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

i told myself i wasnt going to buy it until xmas but who was i kidding :D was wandering about today and no one seems to have any prices listed up.

anyone have any idea of the prices in the various retailers? gamestop's website says 55 but i assume thats for the regular edition

edit:
    smiths are listing the hardened for 90
    play nly have teh regular listed at 62.50

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Duff wrote: »
    Anywhere online selling the hardened edition pre-order? Gamestop says it is but when I click hardened I only get the option to pre order the regular game.
    Preorder for hardened edition stopped 3 weeks ago online and in GameStop . Still available in hmv, xtra vision and Smyths

Advertisement