Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best zombie killing weapons

Options
  • 05-09-2010 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

if and when zombies attacked what would be your weapon of choice

my top 5 favourite would have to be

1. double barrel shotgun
    2. H&K mp7
    3. m249 saw
    4. H&K 416
    5. barret 50.cal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

My Fubar, guns won't be to reliable in Ireland.

Here it is replacing my old weapon of choice.
    fubar.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Tae, Hang Sangs and Patience

They are your best weapons in the fight against Z's

Patience to wait it out, and the Tae and Sangers ta keep ya going while ya do:D

failing that, a V8 Landcruiser with some toughening :D:D:D

But dont forget yer Sandwiches;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

a big foot long machete

machete.jpg

and here.. realisticly,
    machete.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

if and when zombies attacked what would be your weapon of choice

my top 5 favourite would have to be

1. double barrel shotgun
    2. H&K mp7
    3. m249 saw
    4. H&K 416
    5. barret 50.cal

Fun but ...

1) Double Barrel Shottie - two Zeds and youre dead baby.

2) MP7 ... fires a 4.7mm armour piercing round with virtually no knock down power. Chances are you'll be squeezing out 900 rounds a minute and wasting about 58 seconds. Barrel length on the MP7 is too short to make an effective tool outside of pistol distances, maybe 30ft. Which is a shame because its a clever bit of kit.

3) M249 (aka Minimi aka SAW) 5.56mm NATO (a good round for zombie dispatch) unfortunately it simply chucks rounds around like theres no tomorrow and is meant for supressing enemies with a central nervous system capable of a fear response. No much use on zombies other than to create a heap of gnashing, crawling monsters hoping to gnaw your nadgers off. This upsets me personally ... I Love the 249.

4) H&K416 - Now THIS is more like it. Reliable, german engineering on the classic American comfy ergonomics. 5.56mm NATO chambering, a plethora of accessories available and pretty accurate to about 300m (depending on the skill of the shooter). Good choice.

5) Barret .50 ... just how big are the zombies you're hunting? Overkill for leg-powered zombies. Nuclear Turbine Driven Zombies are another matter entirely.

... of course this all assumes that we're talking "Shoot 'em in da head" zombies and not the modern "We want the right to vote, we just a little angry" types a-la 28 days.

Personally I'd be happy with something like a Ruger 10-20 in 22lr, tricked out with an accurisied barrel and AR style set up (extended 40 round mag). If a bigger round were required (for distances outside of 50-75m) I'd choose something in the semi-auto .223 Remington chambering. Same diameter round as the 22lr but with extra range and stopping power.

Even better would be incendiary rounds (discussed in "Max Brooks: World War Z") which would add a little cleansing fire to the fun.

On the subject of a side arm ... any reliable .22auto would be good but the vast majority dont cycle reliably and if you are that close you're probably in some serious trouble - too serious for a pistol.

No, your sidearm is for protection against the living at close quarters for the most part. My choice is something in the 9mm range (preferably a Sig Sauer 226 or a Browning Hi-Power) loaded with soft-point bullets. This gives you an all-round balance for stopping power, recoil, rounds in a mag, weight of the gun and ammo etc.

Melee kit ... sounds cheesy but I'd probably take my Wakazashi (a short Katana). I know how to use it. It's light enough (around 4-5lbs), sharp and full tang. So it's the natural choice. Otherwise I'd reccomend something like a machette or a crowbar.

... I'm on flu medicine and may be rambling.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭hego19

After reading FEED I think a cross bow with metal bolts would be good!
    Anything that reduces blood/fluid splatter would be good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 humanpunchbag

Your best bet is a Melee weapon, preferably a long one.
    Bullets run out and guns are oft unreliable.

Also agreeing with tea, hang sangs and patience. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Blades don't need reloading...

DakotaYoda wrote: »

...But require sharpenning and being a lot closer to a rot than I'd be comfortable with.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

...But require sharpenning and being a lot closer to a rot than I'd be comfortable with.

:p
    blades may need something to sharpen it but I'd rather carry that then all my extra ammo, cleaning kits, spare parts, wallet silencer (if at all acquirable) and a spare barrell in a lot of cases.

I mention the silencer because because another plus with handheld weapons is that they're silent. If you fire a weapon from long range fair enough you'll take out one with one shot if you're lucky but you'll attract 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

If anything should be called best it should be silent, unless you want to go out in a thundering blaze of glory saving the last bullet for yourself..?

personally, and realisticlly(for me at least) its melee weapons all the way as i have no access to an armoury, no gun license, and dont know anyone with a gun(s)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

DakotaYoda wrote: »
    The other problem with blades and bludgeons is the users fitness level. If you've ever tried hitting a punching bag you'll see how weak the upper body is on most people.

Even with excellent conditioning you can't expect to take on more than a few Zombies at a time. I doubt anyone will be running into a horde of Zombies with just two hammers but it's something to keep in mind, the personal energy requirements of hand held weapons can be just as limiting as ammo for guns.

What you need is a combination of kit.

A single, reliable, preferably accurised, semi-automatic .22LR (capacity) or .223 Remington (range) for your main firearm. Supressors (no such thing as a silencer) arent all that uncommon even in Ireland and it would be very handy to have one, or rather the knowledge of how to construct one.

A decent close quarters piece that you are familiar in the use of - cant stress that enough! nunchucks are actively trying to kill you most of the time, swords, knives, bats, blugeons and staves are all as dangerous to the wielder as they are to the enemy in undisciplined hands.

My personal reccomendation would be a Katana of some sort. A keen cutting edge, durable, reliable and it doesnt take long to become passably competent. I(ts also light and unless you're being daft and hacking down trees with it the edge should last quite a while.

Beyond this I would also reccomend a Compound bow. A little more complex than a standard bow but packs a lot more punch. Small size and silent.

The reason behind these choices is simple. You need to cover your game at short, middle, ranged, loud and quiet. No single weapon does all of these at once. You will run out of ammunition. You will find yourself at close quarters. You will fatigue in close quarters. You will need to escape.

With that in mind some selection of military grade or home made Claymore style mines would be very useful.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

The bestb weapon is the one I actually have at hand when the zombies come calling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

For myself a pool ball wrapped in 2 pairs of footie socks, a folding combat shovel (sharpened) and a maglite torch, 3 "D"cells model or bigger for close quarters.
    An old fashioned hand catapult for medium to long range.
    Silent, accurate, deadly and ammo can be literally picked up off the ground.
    Pebbles, nuts, bolts and shot can be cast if need be using old lead etc.
    Major plus with these, is with a bit of practice even kids can use them.
    Plus a bicycle for hasty but silent retreats. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 41 strange john

A well protected off road vehicle for transport,
    .223 remington sporting rifle for long distance,
    Semi Auto / Pump Action Shotgun loaded with Slug or sabot ammo as your main "go to gun",
    9mm Parrabellum loaded semi auto handgun (Glock 17 or similar),
    A good single edged cutting blade with a bit of weight for cleaving,
    Claymore mine strapped to my back for when i know the end is nigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 whaturmuva

Your mind. Humans are creative and have the ability to think. You can make anything a weapon and you always have the ability to outsmart your enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

pump action four shot grenade launcher

capable of firing explosive and solid shot ammo

bfchinalkb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭sean corcoran

all i need is my ak 47 colt m1911 and a tank

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Perimeter defence: M47 Stryker 40 automatic grenade launcher and a Vulcan Mini-gun.
    Medium range defence: AK-74 M with grenade launcher.
    Close range defence: Remington Pump action, MP5 Heckler&Koch and two Glock 19 side arms
    Carry a samurai sword and the Glocks at all times, just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,345 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

AK-47, SPAS 12, Dragunov, Ak 74u, Machete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Snap2010

Gotta be a mini gun or a chainsaw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Overature

chuck norris, and a katana

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

A mosin!

366284ecf744ccee81c98d67b3d299b2.jpg

or a baby mosin

8f3cde0403802ce462022286e02aca77.jpg

or failing that, a sexual assault rifle

1e2b9a04bfbd4998ab3d99141efc6f4f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Cheese. Infection after Christmas, we'll have tons of ammo everywhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Melt polystyrene into petrol .... makes Napalm.

Apply Napalm onto Zombies and ignite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

TheUsual wrote: »
    Melt polystyrene into petrol .... makes Napalm.

Apply Napalm onto Zombies and ignite.

Zombieswont succumb to pain like we do, you'll not only have a zombie chasing you, but one thats on fire and not caring about it lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Just go Ultraviolet on their asses ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭cat320

my personal preferences would be,,

1. Maschinengewehr MG42 machinegun

2. Remmy 11-87 autoloader shotgun with 3.5 inch stainless steel magnum rounds

3. M79 grenade launcher

4. Remmy 700 .223 varmint bolt action rifle with illuminated reticle scope and
    T8 sound moderator

5. 44 magnum

6. Plenty of molotov cocktails

Advertisement