Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration Pack

Options
  • 05-09-2010 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭

So the registration pack that ITT sent out didnt arrive at my house, just found out there are forms in it that need to be filled out. I am up in tallaght now as registation for my course is on Tuesday, anyone got any suggestions, I might go up to the IT tomorrow to tlak to someone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭conno3001

Same situation here, my induction is on Tuesday also, planning on giving them a call on Monday and perhaps heading over to ITT as well depending on what needs to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

conno3001 wrote: »
    Same situation here, my induction is on Tuesday also, planning on giving them a call on Monday and perhaps heading over to ITT as well depending on what needs to be done.

I am heading up tomorrow myself, what course you doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Danielle k

does any one know when they when the packs where ment be out?? because i live in carlow and my registration is on thursday i think and i cant get up to the college!! stress ha

Danielle k wrote: »
    does any one know when they when the packs where ment be out?? because i live in carlow and my registration is on thursday i think and i cant get up to the college!! stress ha

The registration packs were meant to be out to students on the 2nd, some people got them and others didnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Danielle k

but what do you do if you havnt got it yet?? sorry for annoying you ha

• Advertisement

I am heading up tomorrow myself, what course you doing?

Level 8 Computing, hopefully it will all get sorted tommorow, however I was reading another thread and some students have their induction on Friday and have some Moodle/computer classes tommorow.

As far as I know I'm just in on Tuesday for the induction, haven't heard anything about any computer classes though unless its mentioned in the packs I was supposed to get in the post.

Level 8 Computing, hopefully it will all get sorted tommorow, however I was reading another thread and some students have their induction on Friday and have some Moodle/computer classes tommorow.

As far as I know I'm just in on Tuesday for the induction, haven't heard anything about any computer classes though unless its mentioned in the packs I was supposed to get in the post.

Alright your in my course so :P, il be heading up there early tomorrow to sort this stupid **** out, they have the workshops on wednesday for the computing courses.

Danielle k wrote: »
    but what do you do if you havnt got it yet?? sorry for annoying you ha

I dont know what to do, I am going up tomorrow so talk with the college

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

huh? I didnt get any packs either! Wasnt aware I was meant to get one!
    I got a phone call telling me I had to be up on Tuesday at 10am for induction. Thats the extent of the information I was given!

So anything else I should know?

The_B_Man wrote: »
    huh? I didnt get any packs either! Wasnt aware I was meant to get one!
    I got a phone call telling me I had to be up on Tuesday at 10am for induction. Thats the extent of the information I was given!

So anything else I should know?

Well in the registration pack, there were loads of forms you were meant to get and fill out for your registration/induction. I am pissed, I only found out now as I moved up to tallaght today and my cousin who I am staying with got his on Friday. You need to bring your passport or birthcert, along with a P21 and/or social welfare proof, to show you were living in the country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

Well in the registration pack, there were loads of forms you were meant to get and fill out for your registration/induction. I am pissed, I only found out now as I moved up to tallaght today and my cousin who I am staying with got his on Friday. You need to bring your passport or birthcert, along with a P21 and/or social welfare proof, to show you were living in the country

Nice one! i'm in the same boat as you, same course induction on tuesday but no sign of the reg. pack. There's still a chance of getting in tomorro morning, otherwise will just show up at ten on tuesday with id and the the cao acceptance notification. I live close by the college so might fly up tomorrow if theres no registration pack in the morning.

I will get my hands on my P21 so and I have my passport on hand so thats no problem.

As for the Computing workshop is that this Wednesday?

I will get my hands on my P21 so and I have my passport on hand so thats no problem.

As for the Computing workshop is that this Wednesday?

According to the thing my cousin got, for people on the computing courses its on wednesday

Nice one! i'm in the same boat as you, same course induction on tuesday but no sign of the reg. pack. There's still a chance of getting in tomorro morning, otherwise will just show up at ten on tuesday with id and the the cao acceptance notification. I live close by the college so might fly up tomorrow if theres no registration pack in the morning.

I am not as lucky, I live in Arklow, but moved up here today (Sunday), so I gotta go talk to them tomorrow morning and see what can be done

Right thanks for the info, would be even more in the dark than I already am without it lol.

I am not as lucky, I live in Arklow, but moved up here today (Sunday), so I gotta go talk to them tomorrow morning and see what can be done

Ah so even if it was to be sent out tomorrow it would be sent to your arklow address? if i hear anything in the morning i'l pm you asap..btw welcome to tallaght. keep your head down and bulletproof vest on and you'l get on fine here :D

Ah so even if it was to be sent out tomorrow it would be sent to your arklow address? if i hear anything in the morning i'l pm you asap..btw welcome to tallaght. keep your head down and bulletproof vest on and you'l get on fine here :D

haha :P, alot of young kids seem to think I need a haircut and are quite aggressive in making there opinion known. And thanks for welcome and please do pm me if you do hear anything. Name is Sean btw, will probably see you on tuesday :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'm doing a part time course and had my induction yesterday, I hadn't received any kind of registration pack and wasn't asked for it at the induction (although I didn't stay for the whole thing in fairness).

I got my student I.D and every though, so I don't know what the story is with these registration packs.

I'm doing a part time course and had my induction yesterday, I hadn't received any kind of registration pack and wasn't asked for it at the induction (although I didn't stay for the whole thing in fairness).

I got my student I.D and every though, so I don't know what the story is with these registration packs.

The registration packs might only be for full time students. Nice avatar btw :P

haha :P, alot of young kids seem to think I need a haircut and are quite aggressive in making there opinion known. And thanks for welcome and please do pm me if you do hear anything. Name is Sean btw, will probably see you on tuesday :P
    Ah i see you've already been aquented with the local (possibly feral) children. charming aren't they? no probs sean will do if nothing comes, best show up on tuesday and i'm sure there will be a few in the same situation.

• Advertisement

Ah i see you've already been aquented with the local (possibly feral) children. charming aren't they? no probs sean will do if nothing comes, best show up on tuesday and i'm sure there will be a few in the same situation.

I just hope post arrives early on tuesday, I am having my passport and social welfare things sent up, as I wasnt aware I needed them as I wasnt told until a few hours ago when my cousin asked did I have it all with me :P

I just hope post arrives early on tuesday, I am having my passport and social welfare things sent up, as I wasnt aware I needed them as I wasnt told until a few hours ago when my cousin asked did I have it all with me :P
    ITT don't seem like the most organised bunch so i'm sure they will be expecting a few ppl to not show or not have whats needed on the day, sure how could you be properly prepared being left in the dark like that with the reg packs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭wicklowstar

ITT don't seem like the most organised bunch so i'm sure they will be expecting a few ppl to not show or not have whats needed on the day, sure how could you be properly prepared being left in the dark like that with the reg packs.

They are so unorganised!
    I didnt get one last year, and Im waiting on one now again..
    I also missed my first day of first year because about four of us were not told that the times had changed!
    It will all work out, dont worry!

Went up this morning to see what the story was, the guy in the registar office just tols me that they were sent out, wasnt very helpful to be honest, I was told to still show up tomorrow for induction.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gs39t

Got my registration pack this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Only got mine today, and Im in tmoro!

Its a bit shitty that I only have a week to pay me fees

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tonto2010

Mine also arrived, talk about cutting it close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 UlcerousParrot

I got my pack last friday.. I was talkin to my cousin yesterday and he didnt get a pack for his registration which was today. He went in anyway and recieved all the information/reg sheets when he arrived. A lot of people were in the same boat so dont worry :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Can you pay the reg fees in installments?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Misa-san

Hey guys, I'll try my best to answer some of the questions you've got. I'm a current student n I'm helping out with the inductions - so I'll see a lot of you tomorrow!

The story with the packs is - we got the details from the CAO of who accepted 1st round offers VERY late in the day, so the decision was made not to send em out for the first few days. The hope was to get them posted to people in courses that are registering Tuesday and onwards; so computing, sciences, business, accounting etc should hopefully get them in time. But the registrar's office is a mad-house at the moment.

Anyone who got a place in 2nd round offers won't get a reg pack in time for inductions. Up until now we were handing out the reg packs as the students came in, but I'm almost certain we're not doing that now.

If you haven't got your reg pack, still come to inductions. You won't be able to register completely, or do the survey (which is my gig) but you can get the rest of the information that you need.

And don't sweat about the fees, pay em as soon as you can - but I haven't heard of paying in installments before. You can talk to somebody in the college if you have difficulty paying them.

Cutting it close is the name of the game at this time of year. It's hectic but it's fun. Like I said, the CAO only gave us numbers on Friday, and that didn't include 2nd round offers or transfer students - so we might be a little behind. But bare with us!

Advertisement