Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killkenny VS Tipp

Options
  • 04-09-2010 12:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of going -9 at 5/1 with SpoilSports, i know its not great value but goona give it a shot as i think Killkenny will either win by a small amount or by a huge amount.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

Sorely tempted to throw 20 on tipp leading at half-time and kilkenny winning at full time: 4/1 on PP.
    I'd expect Tipp to put up a good fight and could well end up ahead at half time, provided kilkenny don't put in 2 or 3 goals, and no better man than Brendan Cummins to make sure that doesn't happen. Kilkenny should go on to win the match though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Evens at minus 4 is a better bet I think,but still won't go near it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

Thinking of going -9 at 5/1 with SpoilSports, i know its not great value but goona give it a shot as i think Killkenny will either win by a small amount or by a huge amount.

i could nearly guarrentee you that you will get better odds for -9 in play..i think tipp will go off all guns blazing and put it upto kilkenny.hence it being a close first half,but again like kilkenny seem to always do, pull away when it matters,getting those crucial goals...but then again its very hard to predict,they could easily open up tipp in the first 20 mins like they did against cork by going for goals...

staying a mile clear,betting wise..
    best of luck though

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

Some interesting markets on this game, some of which i've never seen before including

(1) who will have the most wides, total no. of wides (under/over)
    (2) A sideline cut to be scored
    (3) Ball to hit the woodwork
    (4) No. of injury time minutes (over/under)
    (5) Which end will have the most scores
    (6) Which team will make the most subs

etc etc.

Interesting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Michael Fennelly Man Of The Match 12/1 on pp;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Eddie Brennan AT goalscorer @ 7/4 (bet 365) looks a fantastic price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

With Hogan out and Tennyson and Shefflin carrying injuries (Shefflin has cruciate ligament in knee which is a 6 MONTH RECOVERY) Im shifting towards a Tipp upset.Tipperary are a decent side with a real star in Eoin Kelly an they may be the team to finally put this legendary Kilkenny team to the sword.
    50e -TIPPERARY TO WIN VS KILKENNY (+3) evens ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭SD1990

cant see anything but a kilkenny win here and anxiously tempted to absoutely pile on them but i havent decided yet..

Kilkenny were only in 2nd gear against Cork..The thoughts of what they could and well might do to tipp tomorrow are frightening..

Totally agree folwer. Thats a great price. If only it were on paddypower to with the tipp upset refunding it should it not happen.. will definetly have a few quid on him.

there are no specials on a kilkenny(hurling) cork (football) double that i am unaware of no?

As a corkman i hate to say it..but i think kilkenny will get the 5 in style tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭quazzy

Small bet on Tipp (+4) @ 6/5

contemplating my biggest ever bet on killkenny to win today..

think killkenny minors to get over 1 goal is a good price at 8/13 to

anyone else fancy the under 8 subs bet and over 1 65 bet on pp?look good prices to me !

• Advertisement

did some research into the subs bet..

in 2009 6 subs were used.

in 2008 7 subs were used.

Subs are usually used late to try and change the game. Waterford were getting hammered in 2008 so used 5 subs. Tipp used 3 last year.

Now today Kilkenny are starting 2 injured players. Thats potentially 2 subs. Im going to assume also if they are well on top late on they will take off Shefflin.

If it is a close game less subs will be used in my opinion and if tipp are well behind i still dont see them using more than 3. If Kilkenny were behind i wouldnt imagine they would use many at all.

Therefore i am going for this bet today.

Stake- €60
    Bet- Under 7.5 subs
    Odds- 5/6 (pp)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

I have Kilkenny minus 9 points @ 7/2 with PP

Ger Aylward to score 1st goal in minor game @ 6/1

Nice bit on these two singles

• Registered Users Posts: 45,276 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Kilkenny -3 in a double with Kilkenny minors -7.

Pays just over 2/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

ft9 wrote: »
    I have Kilkenny minus 9 points @ 7/2 with PP

Ger Aylward to score 1st goal in minor game @ 6/1

Nice bit on these two singles

thats a terrible price for -9 points imo..

i have a sneek feeling the handicap draw could be 9...;)
    if its a good bit of money cover yourself by backing the handicap draw.
    it wud be sick if thats how you lost..happened me before for 125

Paddy power are ridiculously good at getting the handicap spot on,usually one point either side of the draw.

Sorely tempted to throw 20 on tipp leading at half-time and kilkenny winning at full time: 4/1 on PP.
    I'd expect Tipp to put up a good fight and could well end up ahead at half time, provided kilkenny don't put in 2 or 3 goals, and no better man than Brendan Cummins to make sure that doesn't happen. Kilkenny should go on to win the match though.

That same bet is 5/1 in ladbrokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

Actually quite fancy Tipp today to be honest. Will have a look into the markets a bit more before the match though.

Kilkenny to score over 24.5 points in the minors at 11/10 looks like a cracking bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Tipperary to win at 5/2 - 5 points

Seamus Callanan ( albeit with the knowledge that he will have to do it as a sub ) Anytime Goalscorer at 3/1 - 1 point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

greetings wrote: »
    That same bet is 5/1 in ladbrokes.

Cheers for the heads up. Don't think I'll do this bet though, have gone off it since yesterday! Might try and pick out a better one or maybe wait and do a live bet early on during the match.

You're right I'd say,looks a tricky match,I'm going to avoid it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

Nearly 7/1 on Betfair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

I can't see Kilkenny being stopped and the bet I'm looking at is Kilkenny Half time/Kilkenny full time at 4/5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Kilkenny are going to come out all guns blazing the first half!!!!
    Perhaps a repeat of what they did to cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

I've put Tipp in a very dodgy double with Pakistan in the cricket at around 10/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

Think i might go with Second half injury time over 2.5 minutes @11/10.

Reasoning, there's bound to be a fair few subs made in the second half (usually add 30secs for each) + a few injuries (i expect a hard hitting hell for leather match) + a lot of lying down with cramp especially if tipp are winning within the last 5/10 mins

Never seen this market before so going to have a punt.

11/10 does sound like a lovely price,particularly if the game is close. If one team is leading by 7 or 8,then injury time doesn't tend to be too long.

well i couldnt of been more off ha... FML :(

at least i didnt back kilkenny phewww :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

big suprise, glad i didnt back them aswell was thinking of lumping on them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

wonder how many have been screwed over now :p glad i decided to avoid it. Was gonna lump 20 on Kilkenny HT/FT about 20 minutes before the game1 :eek: :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,276 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

It's funny how everyone decided at the last minute not to back Kilkenny ;)

Advertisement