Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conspiracy confirmed

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

Why was talkiewalkie perma banned ?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Threads like this never end well. There's a sitewide rule which states that moderating decisions are not to be discussed outside of Feedback and Helpdesk, which is why I assume the other thread was deleted.

If you keep posting about the issue outside of those 2 forums and ignore the warnings not to do so, you'll most likely get a ban.. and it's not worth it really

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

espinolman wrote: »
    Why was talkiewalkie perma banned ?

Asking too many questions...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

If you keep posting about the issue outside of those 2 forums and ignore the warnings not to do so, you'll most likely get a ban.. and it's not worth it really

Are they going to ban us all !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Galvasean wrote: »
    Asking too many questions...

What question's did he ask?

When did he ask them?

On what thread?

On what forum?

Who did he ask these questions?

How many questions can one poster ask before being banned?

Can you make your questions sound like suggestions and avoid the ban?

Why is a freemason running boards?

Is devore a shapeshifter?

Does he eat babies?

Does he invite cmods round to his place for sex orgies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I made a thread in the Bargain Alerts section "bargain alerting" users of the very cheap prices on some of the sexlines on the Sky Digital channels, namely Dirty Talk (sky digital 920) offering 35p per min, and Filth (sky digital 921) offering 50p per min.

It was deleted without any warning or explanation the day after.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

demonspawn is probably butthurt because a mod warned him several times to stop being an idiot, I think he was eventually banned for a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    I made a thread in the Bargain Alerts section "bargain alerting" users of the very cheap prices on some of the sexlines on the Sky Digital channels, namely Dirty Talk (sky digital 920) offering 35p per min, and Filth (sky digital 921) offering 50p per min.

It was deleted without any warning or explanation the day after.

Must have been the most exciting 17.5p you ever spent.

How much was the carpet cleaner?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

uprising2 wrote: »
    Must have been the most exciting 17.5p you ever spent.

How much was the carpet cleaner?

Personal abuse.

Mods?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Personal abuse.

Mods?
    Click the report post button, it's not that hard to figure out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Yeah I posted in that thread, It was a Valid Point being raised in the CT Forum,

'are Some of the Mods openly Biased and Hostile to CT?'

Obviously by the deletion of the thread we get our answer.

Scofflaw is a law unto himself, he is Definitley hostile to CT, and rather Rude, Condesvending Arrogant & Ignorant towards anyone who posts something he disagrees with.

The thread should not have been deleted IMO as it was rather relevant to the CT forum.

AAAAAAANYWAY, I suggest we wait til Bonkey gets back and ask him to have a word with Scofflaw,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭demonspawn

Ok, points have been made and hopefully they've been taken on board by the relevant parties.

Requesting this thread be locked before it descends into madness. (comparatively speaking, of course ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

There was a thread on how to build free energy devices on one the forums and it vanished .
    That is serious suppression .

This one? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055697660
    Was moved to lifehacking, and any thing that was promised from "free energy" supporters never arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

Are they going to ban us all !

I'm demonspawn!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I don't recall seeing any such thread...

(they're onto me! run! save yourselves!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

uprising2 wrote: »
    Where's talkiewalkie?, why was he banned?, anybody know??, let me know what happened Talkie, missing you already, haha, get a new email, ip changer and come back and say hi.

he got a ban for sending an abusive pm and will be back on the 13th of august:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

And for clarification, I deleted the last thread as it was full of accusations against Boards users, was full of abuse, didn't belong here. I'd have deleted this one, but Bonkey got to it first. This is not a conspiracy, it's enforcing the charter (which, as Bonkey points out, we were asked to do more rigidly).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I don't see the issue... there is a clear charter for the forum and every forum on boards.ie. If you want to post you have to follow them, as does everyone else. Every time I've been infracted or told to cool it I have without question been breaking or bending the rules. Given the constant crying from some people in here with the slightest criticism of their beliefs you think they'd be glad of these strict rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Somehow, I missed demonspawn's request to have this thread locked.

Thread locked...and I've removed my now-obsolete posts from earlier today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement