Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Military Photo Thread [READ FIRST POST BEFORE POSTING]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

steve can i ask why due to one members objection that you have censored whydaves pics of FRU when the information has been widely known on the internet for a few years and still let pictures of dead AFGHANIS (no offence lefty)still be shown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

To continue the PDF / ARW theme

Irish_Army_airborne_soldier.jpg

irlswede2.jpg

Last but not least, especially for FK
    4280673314_2a17760251_z.jpg

airinsertionteammemberwos7.jpg

This might have a few of you scratching your heads...:confused:

arwfirebasewg0db2.jpg

Answers on a postcard to the usual address ;)

scannedphotos003do6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

DICEMAN7 wrote: »
    steve can i ask why due to one members objection that you have censored whydaves pics of FRU when the information has been widely known on the internet for a few years and still let pictures of dead AFGHANIS (no offence lefty)still be shown?
    Nobody reported leftys post so I'm assuming nobody here has a problem with it. If you do then the report button is at your disposal.

You can get tons of inappropriate material on the internet - that doesn't mean it's ok to post here. Mods have to look at both protecting the site and keeping the users happy, the two don't always run in parallel.

Oh my god!! :eek: Is that the Rolls Royce of assault rifles in the hands of a potato eating MICK! :D:D

arwbelisecopyty7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

Steve wrote: »
    Nobody reported leftys post so I'm assuming nobody here has a problem with it. If you do then the report button is at your disposal.

You can get tons of inappropriate material on the internet - that doesn't mean it's ok to post here. Mods have to look at both protecting the site and keeping the users happy, the two don't always run in parallel.
    Well Steve i was referring to the hypocrisy of censoring photographs that have been widely available in the public domain and i might add released to the public domain by a former member of the FRU and allowing photographs of people who have died a violent death.As far as i am aware Boards.ie are the first site to have censored these widely available photographs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

DICEMAN7 wrote: »
    Well Steve i was referring to the hypocrisy of censoring photographs that have been widely available in the public domain and i might add released to the public domain by a former member of the FRU and allowing photographs of people who have died a violent death.As far as i am aware Boards.ie are the first site to have censored these widely available photographs.
    That matter has been passed to a higher power than me at this point so I can't really comment till I hear back.
    As regards lefty's post - someone reported it earlier, I requested that another mod deal with it so I couldn't be accused of hypocrisy. Nobody replied to that (cos nobody was online I guess) so it's now removed as well (by me).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Oh my god!! :eek: Is that the Rolls Royce of assault rifles in the hands of a potato eating MICK! :D:D

arwbelisecopyty7.jpg

where did you get this photo? just wondering because im in it!!! :eek:

• Advertisement

M.J.W - PM sent RE Piccy

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Betty Blue

m.j.w wrote: »
    where did you get this photo? just wondering because im in it!!! :eek:

So Which one are You Then??:D:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Let's see who's sharp-eyed amongst you.

Spot why this tank ended up captured.

bp5.jpg

NTM

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Let's see who's sharp-eyed amongst you.

Spot why this tank ended up captured.

bp5.jpg

NTM
    Oil/Diesel problem theres some black goo leaking out

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

sasi11.jpg
    sasi13.jpg
    sasi2.jpg
    sasi23.jpg
    sasi3.jpg
    sasi32.jpg
    sasi4.jpg
    sasi5.jpg
    sasi7.jpg
    sasi9.jpg

Plagiarised from TankNet.

1255929122962.jpg

And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men. And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions. And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle. And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months. - Rev 9:7-10

A Not-A-Tank in Iraq.
    dualie.jpg

Resurrecting the cavalry
    donkey.JPG

The Pedalling Panzers.
    bike.JPG

Usually the 'Hi/Lo technique' requires the guy in front kneel...
    hilo.jpg

nessiecp69.JPG

One order of fried chicken, coming up...
    birds.jpg

Tank
    turretdwn.JPG

Convertible not-a-tank
    bluehummer.JPG

Fully armoured (Seriously) Not-a-tank
    whitehummer.JPG

Well armed not-a-tank.
    drvamb.JPG

Not-a-tanks and a tank drive by a very old civilian not-a-tank which might not pass the next NCT.
    mosulst6.JPG

Pop quiz. Identify the vehicle.
    75028205.jpg

NTM

wmik_ranges.jpeg

26_03.jpg
    27_04.jpg
    31405083.jpg
    aag.jpg

hires_BIRDLIFT002.jpg
    usmc120.jpg
    usmc121.jpg
    usmc123.jpg
    usmc133.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

h.jpg
    A beautiful shot of a crew chief from the 52nd Aircraft Maintenance Squadron directing an F-16 out of a hangar in Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany, March 20, 2011.
    k.jpg
    F-16 preparing to take off.
    x.jpg

f-1.png
    Gaulle after leaving its Toulon's naval base en route to Libya, March 20, 2011.

c.jpg
    op.jpgreturning from a bomb raid over Libya's air defense positions.

p.jpg
    2nd class aviation electrician mate Joseph Fremen calibrates the infrared sensor of an MH-60 Sea Hawk taking part in operation.

110488153-1.jpg
    A French Mirage 2000 fighter jet of the French armies prepares to land at the aerial military base of Solenzara in the French Mediterranean island of Corsica.
    110487544-1.jpgAn RAF Tornado GR4 aircraft prepared for launch at RAF Marham on March 19, 2011 in Norfolk, England.
    110487544-1.jpgAn RAF Tornado GR4 aircraft coming out of the hangar, at RAF Marham on March 19, 2011 in Norfolk, England.
    110487796.jpgThe Royal Air Force VC10 and Tristar air-to-air refuelling aircraft readies for action ahead of the first UK air combat mission in support of UN Resolution 1973, at RAF Brize Norton on March 19, 2011 in Oxfordshire, England.
    ap110319138514.jpgAn F-18 Hornet jet fighter maneuvers over the NATO airbase of Birgi, near Trapani, Sicily, Italy, Saturday, March 19, 2011. Six Danish F-16 fighter jets landed Saturday at the U.S. air base in Sicily, and U.S., Canadian and Spanish F-18s flew into the region as the international military buildup mounted in Italy for action against Libya.
    ap110321035260.jpgA Royal Air Force Typhoon aircraft is prepared at Gioia Dell Colle, Italy Monday March 21, 2011.
    ap110321035187.jpgAnother view of a Royal Air Force Typhoon aircraft, prepared at Gioia Dell Colle, Italy, Monday March 21, 2011
    5546781648_7cc82cdf34_b_01-1.jpgA Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron, 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit's AV-8B Harrier jump jet returns to USS Kearsarge for fuel and ammunition resupply while conducting air strikes in support of Joint Task Force Odyssey Dawn, March 20, 2011.

Pic1stBattTea.jpg
    Cuppa tea?

Pic3Dakota.jpg
    PicGliderTow.jpg
    Glider Tow

PicPolesRunway.jpg
    PicRecceWoods.jpg
    PicWacoRunway.jpg
    Pic_EvequeBridge.jpg
    Eveque Bridge

Pic_HorsaWall.jpg
    Pic_IndCoy.jpg
    It's Captian Price! ...Sorry guys...

Pic_KillickPatrol_2.jpg
    Pic_KillickPatrol_3.jpg
    Pic_Killick_1.jpg

• Advertisement

From the current games in Libya.

Seriously, where do you start?

978x.jpg

And to think, if you showed up at an airsoft site like that, you'll get laughed off the field for being so totally inaccurate...

NTM

rirish_wmik_well_hr.jpg
    cdo_vehs_hr.jpg
    cvr_wmik_hr.jpg

rm_wmik_hr.jpgpara_wmik_hr.jpg

jackal02.jpg

Or

Arw45.jpg

One seems to have a little more 'coolness' about it, while the other one looks more like something from a rag tag Afican militia

SBS in A'Stan

sbs.jpg

sbs_tr10.jpg

46632710.jpg

image410.jpg

soldie10.jpg

Unusual to see someone carrying a 'Crow Cannon'

4th Mech Pre-deployment training
    troopp10.jpg

4th_me10.jpg

4th_me11.jpg

SAS or SBS

sas_by10.jpg

sas_ha10.jpg

britis12.jpg

_3900710.jpg

This guy has to be an officer ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Bernie Mac

dscf0042lf1.jpg

All photos courtesy of US Army.

Gunner, HE, Tank!
    size0-army.mil-103422-2011-03-29-110305.jpg

So that's how howitzer barrels are born...
    size0-army.mil-103044-2011-03-29-060359.jpg

size0-army.mil-103429-2011-03-29-110302.jpg

I joined the Army to see the world.. And what did I see? I saw the sea...
    (Army landing craft off to Morocco from Virginia for exercises)
    size0-army.mil-103288-2011-03-28-140357.jpg

I wonder if there's something symbolic about the Army moving around in circles at a great speed, but never actually getting anywhere.
    size0-army.mil-103360-2011-03-28-170343.jpg

pic_3-23_0.jpg

Wheeeeee......
    size0-army.mil-103178-2011-03-28-070303.jpg

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

s_a18_00079051.jpg
    Canadian artillery during a fire mission at a Forward Operating Base (FOB) in Zhari (AKA Zharey) District in Kandahar, Afghanistan on July 10, 2009. Artillery strikes are frequently called in from other FOB's on the front lines and units on patrol when in contact with insurgents.
    s_a16_00079001.jpg
    Black smoke billows from the charred remains from a suicide attack on a civilian convoy on Highway 1 outside the US Marine Forward Operating base Delaram, a strategic and economic crossroads in southeastern Afghanistan located in Nimroz Province. The suicide attack was made using a Vehicle Borne Improvised Explosive Device (VBIED) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=71444418 killing three Afghans and injuring several others.
    s_a15_00000065.jpgCanadian Soldiers sit in the heat, taking cover behind a wall as engineers destroy multiple IED's set by insurgents, targeting them during a multiple day operation aimed at attempting to clear the village of Chalgower in Panjwaii District, Kandahar, Afghanistan. Following this operation a brutal insurgency took hold in Chalgower and in the surrounding villages resulting in injury and death to numerous civilians, insurgents and soldiers without completely expelling the insurgents influence in the area.
    s_a12_00079051.jpgUS Marines from the 2nd MEB of the 2/3 Marines patrol the mountains of the Black Pass after fighting the previous night on September 09,
    s_a10_00079051.jpgExhausted Canadian infantry from the Vandoos (R22R) Bravo Company sleep in a civilian compound occupied during the second of three days of fighting before continuing an operation to clear the area of insurgents in the Siah Choy area of Zhari District in Kandahar Province, Afghanistan. Zhari District (aka Zharey) located west of Kandahar City has long been an insurgent stronghold and the birthplace of the Taliban movement lead by Mullah Mohammad Omar in the 1990s. Cpl. Christian Bobbitt (foreground 2nd from left) age 23 and Sapper Matthieu Allard (rear far right) age 21 were killed by an IED about a month after this operation.
    s_a09_00079050.jpgAn Afghan soldier guards a stretch of Highway 1 between Maywand District and Zhari District, Afghanistan after an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) was discovered. A civilian drives a tractor in the background around the roadblock. s_a08_00079050.jpgA corroded Russian T-62 series tank in a Russian military vehicle graveyard located in the Afghan Army (ANA) 2 Corp area in Kandahar City, Afghanistan. The Afghan landscape is littered with the remains of Russian military vehicles after the decade-long war with the Soviets in the 1980's ended, resulting in them withdrawing in defeat - fueling the legend that Afghanistan is the graveyard of empires.s_a06_00000025.jpgVillagers and one of their elders, seen in the Sperwan area of Panjwaii District as Afghan Police (ANP) brought in from Maywand District patrol their village since the local police were too abusive and corrupt to deploy in the area during this clearing operation lead by US and Canadian Forces in Kandahar, Afghanistan.s_a05_00079050.jpgA US Air Force Reaper - an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) - sits in a hanger on an air base in Kandahar Province, Afghanistan on September 17, 2009. The Reaper is a hunter-killer UAV and is a larger and newer aircraft than its predecessor known as a Predator. These aircraft are frequently used to cover Canadian Operations in Kandahar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

xd999ab98.jpg

for when even a 50cal is not big enough

0565be1e5cfa2bxl.th.jpg
    0565bdd3aa0f0bxl.th.jpg
    0565c12a04e4axxl.th.jpg
    0565c2cfc3cbe6xxl.th.jpg
    0565c6dae27ad2xxl.th.jpg
    0565ca380bbf95xxl.th.jpg
    0565cbafa0399cxxl.th.jpg

Advertisement