Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Room to rent

• 25-08-2010 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all!

I am moving out next week, and I have been looking up rooms to rent on daft.ie and the usual, but I'm not finding much. Basically I just want to know does anyone know of someone with a room to rent out.

It'd obviously be better if you do to PM me with the details.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

am...... BUMP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Nothing on daft?

What you looking for?

Double room?
    Ensuite?
    Parking?
    What area?
    House with Sky and Broadband?
    Close to shops/pubs?
    Garden?
    Smokers accepted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

S&M Dungeon?

Ok, I can go into detail.

I want a double room. I'd prefer it to be in the city centre, but will consider Castletroy or Dooradoyle if it's near facilities, as I don't have a car. Preferably multiple bathrooms, and I would prefer to share with only one other, though willing to consider two others. The maximum I will pay is €300, excluding bills. I don't smoke, and would prefer a non smoking house/apartment.

Most other things aren't relevant like garden, Sky etc.... though I would love somewhere with a garden.

Able to move in straight away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Ok, I can go into detail.

I want a double room. I'd prefer it to be in the city centre, but will consider Castletroy or Dooradoyle if it's near facilities, as I don't have a car. Preferably multiple bathrooms, and I would prefer to share with only one other, though willing to consider two others. The maximum I will pay is €300, excluding bills. I don't smoke, and would prefer a non smoking house/apartment.

Most other things aren't relevant like garden, Sky etc.... though I would love somewhere with a garden.

Able to move in straight away.

shame you didnt post it up a month ago, my lodger is moving in this weekend. :(

• Advertisement

zuroph wrote: »
    shame you didnt post it up a month ago, my lodger is moving in this weekend. :(

:( but you can just tell him you changed your mind.....! :D

You wouldn't want a fellow boardsie to be homeless now would you? :(

:( but you can just tell him you changed your mind.....! :D

You wouldn't want a fellow boardsie to be homeless now would you? :(

its a she :( Oh wells.

its a she :( Oh wells.

I'll never forgive you zuroph.
    Never never never

I'll never forgive you zuroph.
    Never never never

If I kick her out over the weekend, i'll let ya know.

If I kick her out over the weekend, i'll let ya know.

YES! score!

• Advertisement

try move in out this side though, I'm in Glenside Annacotty, its awesome, bus stop across road to town, shop 2 chinese, pizzahut, italian bistro, pub pharmacy, and public park all across the road. I hear there's rooms going in the estate, and its a lovely place.

try move in out this side though, I'm in Glenside Annacotty, its awesome, bus stop across road to town, shop 2 chinese, pizzahut, italian bistro, pub pharmacy, and public park all across the road. I hear there's rooms going in the estate, and its a lovely place.

Ya I like the area alright, but it's so far away from everything, and then you're depending on that shítty bus service.

Ya I like the area alright, but it's so far away from everything, and then you're depending on that shítty bus service.

once an hour bus, yeah. you get used to it though. (Apparently, I drive :p)

Hmmmm,I have 2 spare rooms.

Can you clean? :p

Hmmmm,I have 2 spare rooms.

Can you clean? :p

After myself yes, after other people no :p

Do you really have some spare rooms?

Do you really have some spare rooms?

yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Glenside is fine if you're old and broken, or married with kids, city centre is where it's at.

Glenside is fine if you're old and broken, or married with kids, city centre is where it's at.

city centre is just junkies and whinos. :p suburban living is the way forward :p

city centre is just junkies and whinos. :p suburban living is the way forward :p

What's a "whino" old man? Enjoy the Grey Estates!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHWZtZm5jn4

What's a "whino" old man? Enjoy the Grey Estates!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHWZtZm5jn4

psshhhh, we've our own skatepark, that no mistery painters ruin. :p

• Advertisement

yes.

So do you want to give me some details, or are you out for trying to make me jealous?

psshhhh, we've our own skatepark, that no mistery painters ruin. :p

****ing hell, the painters in town are made of mist? life in suburbia has dulled your senses!

****ing hell, the painters in town are made of mist?

apparently, thats how he spelled his name.

apparently, thats how he spelled his name.

Wow, that's nearly as embarrassing as you giving up living and moving to the suburbs! You'll wake up one day and care about soft furnishings and curtains next.

Im bored of you now.

Im bored of you now.

meh, like, who isn't.

So do you want to give me some details, or are you out for trying to make me jealous?

Easy tiger,Im not in any of the areas you said you'd consider anyway.

Easy tiger,Im not in any of the areas you said you'd consider anyway.

Ok. I just don't get why then you'd say you've got rooms spare :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

hi i live in dooradoyle and have a double room to rent with just myself so youd have the main bathroom to yourself only but is you must like dogs!!

• Advertisement

hi i live in dooradoyle and have a double room to rent with just myself so youd have the main bathroom to yourself only but is you must like dogs!!

I love dogs!

where in dooradoyle is it? and how much is the rent?

I love dogs!

where in dooradoyle is it? and how much is the rent?

John Cusack? Is that you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭liquoriceall

in kilteragh 230 per month have sky plus etc and bills dont tend to be too bad i only joined boards recently so havent figured out how to pm yet

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Olaf

Just click on the persons (stupid) username beside their post and then click send a private message.

Good call moving to the city centre as well. Being able to walk home after a night out is great.

I already live in the city. I know, it's much handier for everything, that's why I'm trying to stay here.... especially for nights out!

I've a viewing set up for a place just over the bridge, that's tomorrow. It's a lovely looking place, but they're asking a bit much. I'm hoping to get it dropped. eeek. fingers crossed people!?

I already live in the city. I know, it's much handier for everything, that's why I'm trying to stay here.... especially for nights out!

I've a viewing set up for a place just over the bridge, that's tomorrow. It's a lovely looking place, but they're asking a bit much. I'm hoping to get it dropped. eeek. fingers crossed people!?

If it's Rose Hill or Ferndale both are good places to live, pretty quiet considering they are so close to town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Are you bringing the pigeon with you? ;)

Kess73 wrote: »
    Are you bringing the pigeon with you? ;)

:( no, having him PTS in the morning.wish I didn't have to but he's not any better.

Fingers to be uncrossed my lovelies... didn't like that place much at all. It's a back up place. It was dirty and not so big.

Now have to decide on the second place I saw today...... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Olaf wrote: »
    Just click on the persons (stupid) username beside their post and then click send a private message.

Good call moving to the city centre as well. Being able to walk home after a night out is great.

It Used to be great, now it's just dangerous. I used to live in the city centre but got fed up with the drunks harassing me on the way home after a nite out. I settled into suburbia now.:) Apts on the O'Callaghan Strand are nice.

Firefox11 wrote: »
    It Used to be great, now it's just dangerous. I used to live in the city centre but got fed up with the drunks harassing me on the way home after a nite out. I settled into suburbia now.:) Apts on the O'Callaghan Strand are nice.

The place I saw first today was on O Callaghan Strand. It's a lovely house, only it's not been kept so well. felt quite grotty and not in such good condition.

• Advertisement

O''Callaghan strand is hardly suburbia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

I dont live in the city centre any more. I just mentioned O'Callaghan Strand because i have friends living there. They have a nice place.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Olaf

Yeah...sorry about that :o

I've never had drunks harassing me after a night out...... does it happen you that much?

The next place I'm seeing is in Rhebogue. It seems to be quite near the canal , on google maps it's coming up as a ten minute walk to Grove Island SC, when I was around that area before the Corbally Link road was being built, just want to check is that accessible by foot?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

You should do Rhebogue to Grove Island in 10 mins alright- went for my walk this am from Clare St, across the bridge at the Absolute Hotel, Athlunkard St, Corbally Link Road, Rhebogue, out at the Parkway and back down the Dub road. Would have taken about 45 mins except I stopped in at a beauticians along to pick up a price list and ended up chatting to the owner about her products and prices.

Rhebogue seems to be a very nice area, if I were moving again (which I hope will not happen any time soon- 5 moves in 14 months!) I'd be definitely be looking there. Best of luck!

Thanks for getting back to me A_C. Went out there anyway, and it's a lovely house, and an alright area, but felt a bit odd about the guy I'd be sharing with. Going to give it til monday to see if anything in the city comes up, otherwise I'll take the one out in Dooradoyle.that's really nice.

:(

whats up?

No house to live in :(

No house to live in :(

surely theres lots of free rooms in limerick? what are all the ads in the paper?

• Advertisement
Advertisement