Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AC Feedback

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 superstu

if you have a low score it doesn't matter, on the AC feedback it stated that you need to pass all competencies to make it to the next round, so if you get acceptable in all 7 this would equal to a score of 42, which means you have passed and have a chance to make it to the next round, someone with a score in the 60s doesn't mean they will get through, they could score 10 points in 6 competencies and score 2 points in another one, they haven't passed all competencies so will not go through to next round. it tells you after each competency if you achieved the overall standard to be a police trainee, so if you have a low score don't give up hope. hope this makes sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

superstu wrote: »
    if you have a low score it doesn't matter, on the AC feedback it stated that you need to pass all competencies to make it to the next round, so if you get acceptable in all 7 this would equal to a score of 42, which means you have passed and have a chance to make it to the next round, someone with a score in the 60s doesn't mean they will get through, they could score 10 points in 6 competencies and score 2 points in another one, they haven't passed all competencies so will not go through to next round. it tells you after each competency if you achieved the overall standard to be a police trainee, so if you have a low score don't give up hope. hope this makes sense

This is correct but I suspect those who failed 1 or more competencies were those who got Fail letters following their AC

• Registered Users Posts: 35 waiting28

Hi guys cud someone pm me the number please .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

waiting28 wrote: »
    Hi guys cud someone pm me the number please .

I realise everyone is excited with the Merit List being out but please remember the Charter - no text speak please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lauralush04

ok so got my score!! 56!! was happy with this but i still have no vetting forms!!! is this bad sign???!! anyone else in a similar position?????

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

ok so got my score!! 56!! was happy with this but i still have no vetting forms!!! is this bad sign???!! anyone else in a similar position?????

I'm in the same boat. I got 57 and have not recieved vetting/medical forms.

I did my AC after the freeze announcement, and I'm putting the lack of forms down to that. Might be right, might be wrong but I'm trying to not read too much into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭wannabe2010

Hey guys, long time no speak - hope all is well for you limbo-ers! Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know what the pass mark was for the AC so I can see how much I missed it by (I'm assuming it's a significant amount judging by my feedback score lol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Bubbles34

Hey guys, long time no speak - hope all is well for you limbo-ers! Sorry if this has been asked before but does anyone know what the pass mark was for the AC so I can see how much I missed it by (I'm assuming it's a significant amount judging by my feedback score lol)

I think the pass mark for the AC is somewhere around 42? Open for correction here if anyone knows for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭B182

Bubbles34 wrote: »
    I think the pass mark for the AC is somewhere around 42? Open for correction here if anyone knows for sure.

Isn't there two passes thou 1 for deliotte and other for psni so you get a pass letter but still may have not met the psni pass score therefore getting a pass and dear john

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Bubbles34

B182 wrote: »
    Isn't there two passes thou 1 for deliotte and other for psni so you get a pass letter but still may have not met the psni pass score therefore getting a pass and dear john

No, if you have a pass letter from Deloitte then you have reached the required standard, and you go through to the PSNI merit pool of suitable candidates.

Whether or not you go any further mostly depends on how well you did in comparison with the other candidates. ie if PSNI are looking for 200 candidates, then they take the 200 highest scores. All of this of course subject to Medicals, Vetting, 50:50.

If and when you get a Dear John, it dosent mean you have failed to achieve a preset pass mark, (remember if you have reached the merit pool, then you are a suitable candidate), it simply means that X number of people have scored higher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭B182

Whether or not you go any further mostly depends on how well you did in comparison with the other candidates. ie if PSNI are looking for 200 candidates, then they take the 200 highest scores.

In my mind thats a 2nd pass as you pass Deloitte then PSNI create another mark that you must have achieved to progress

For example 42 passes Deloitte but some people on here are at X with no forms so more than likely PSNI pass mark will be for example 55 so all those who scored 42-54 are now out and 55+ progress on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭grad10

No, if you have a pass letter from Deloitte then you have reached the required standard, and you go through to the PSNI merit pool of suitable candidates.

Not necessarily - last year Dear John's came out before the merit list, I had my pass letter for the AC from Deloitte, and then got a Dear John from PSNI which I'm almost sure said although my score reached the required standard, it wasn't high enough to make it into the pool of qualified candidates - because I remember not ringing up when the merit list came out as I presumed I wouldn't have a merit number. But I will double check and let you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 rekker

grad10 wrote: »
    Not necessarily - last year Dear John's came out before the merit list, I had my pass letter for the AC from Deloitte, and then got a Dear John from PSNI which I'm almost sure said although my score reached the required standard, it wasn't high enough to make it into the pool of qualified candidates - because I remember not ringing up when the merit list came out as I presumed I wouldn't have a merit number. But I will double check and let you know!
    I can confirm that those who received this letter last year were still on the merit list as I received the letter and was early 600's. This year i am between 400-410!Unfortunately still not good enough either but at least it's an improvement!Not looking forward to receiving another dear john!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭wanadrum

hi rekker, what was your ac score?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 rekker

wanadrum wrote: »
    hi rekker, what was your ac score?
    AC Score 55, IST 65, NRC!I will just have to keep trying.Congrats to all those who are being vetted, medicals etc. Hopefully the freeze will lift and you all can progress on soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mal85

i got 56, well pleased with that, i got 5 in role play 2, which i was well chuffed. the role player in that exercise was a right piece of work to which i took great pleasure getting a 5 there....:D

Advertisement