Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce Yourself - 2010/2011 *Introductions only, NO CHAT*

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

Name: Brian

Course: First Year Arts

Interests: My primary hobby is poetry. To quote Thomas Lynch; ''But poetry is a way of language, it is not its subject or its maker's background or interests or hobbies or fixations. It is nearer to utterance than history.''
    Just kidding, I like travel and soccer.

Favourite picture:

thesaurus.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

Name: Damien

Year/Course: Just finished Computer Science. Starting a masters in BIS

Clubs/Societies/Interests: Societies Guild President this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Name: Alison

Year/Course: 3rd Arts, English and Geography

Clubs/Societies: I never joined any in 1st or 2nd year but hoping that I'll force myself to join the photography society at least, this year, and hopefully more.

Interests: Music, horseriding, guitar, snowboarding, art, reading

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Name: Megan
    Course: 4th yr Computer Science
    Clubs/Socs/Interests: Music, food and photography. Not a member of any clubs/socs but may finally get around to joining the photosoc this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

o/

Name: Philip

Year/Course: Just graduated from Commerce and am about to go into an MBS in BIS.

Clubs/Societies: Warps, although I've been meaning to go back to the Photo Soc for ages (I was the official RAG Week Photographer way back), so maybe this year I'll do it.

Interests: Games of all kinds (digital and analogue,) computers, forum whoring, recently it's been reading about photography but I'm saving for a camera atm. (I dropped out of it for a while when a friend I was into it with moved away.) And rugby (although I forgot about that when I first posted this, just like at a job interview where when asked what my interests were I said, "Erm computers, eh... eh... I'm a bit of a nerd really!")

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

I'l give it a shot :)

Name: Ellen/Ells/Topples

Year/Course: Third year BA/BMUS. Major in Music, minor in Greek & Roman Civ. Hoping to do an extra fourth year of just music for the BMUS.

Clubs/Societies/Interests: No clubs, no societies :D. Interests are mostly music and fashion. I play and teach classical piano, mess around with electronics, trad harp and various random percussion, atm it's African Drumming :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Name: Arron/Guy with frizzy hair

Year/Course: Thrid year biochemistry.

Clubs/Socs etc : Went to poker a few times last year but other than that i have never had enough time to involve myself in anything. Might give the photo soc and science society a go this year and might run for class rep. Into rugby, gaming, traveling, Cycling, Fishing and quite a few others. Going to try and learn German this year as well for my inevitable move to Germany.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pn7xjrqy6fhta1

Name: Michael

Year/Course: First Year Arts.

Clubs/Societies/Interests: Signed up for Journalism Society. Might do more though. I signed up for a load of sports like Football, Hurling, Soccer, Golf, Tennis and a few more. I only signed for them because I love sports but I wont be able to do many as I will be injured for all of First Year!! :(

Name: Luke
    Course: Refreshing! Used to be in Elec Eng, now in BA 1.
    Clubs/Socs/SU: Oh, far too many to list; just ask if you want to know, I won't waste people's time if they don't want to read through it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Leftbelle

Name: Audrey
    Course: 2nd Politics and English
    Clubs/Societies/Interests: Labour Youth Campaigns Officer and your friendly neighbourhood Gender Equality Officer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Name: Colm

Course: 2nd Year of B.A. in Politics & History - although its my 3rd year in UCC.

Clubs/Societies/Interests: After last year, definitely not Young Fine Gael anyway! Hot Drinks & Beverages Society, Film Society, Erasmus Society, Hurling Club and Quarry Cup maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Kensworld

Name: Kenneth

Course: Ph.D Microbiology

Interest: I try to get involved and help out in as many things as I can

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Name: Steven

Course: BA 2 Economics + Computer Science.

Interests: Soccer, cycling, ww2

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Bonzo-Reborn

Name: Mark
    Course: 2nd English & History
    Clubs/Societies/Interests: Journo Soc, Music & Writing

Advertisement