Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wet & Blustery (Second Half Of Next Week)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

12Z GFS is more in line with the UKMO and ECM now, looks like the low will pass more to the east.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

Yes, xcweather keeps chopping and changing the timing and severity of the winds but I believe they get their data from GFS. I've a flight into Dub on Thurs evening and hoping I won't need the sick bag :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

12Z GFS is more in line with the UKMO and ECM now, looks like the low will pass more to the east.

The feature is beginning to enter hi res territory now, and at this stage EMHI at least is keeping it to the south also. :mad:

125254.png

Maq could do very well out of this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Yesterday's UKMO FAX chart had a very different outlook for 12Z Thursday than today's!

Yesterday's Run
    125257.gif

Today's Run
    125256.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

GSF wrote: »
    The ground must be getting close to saturation point now in some areas. Are there any stats available on that?

smd_md.gif

North west very wet, south east very dry soil, south west moderate . . .

• Advertisement

18Z GFS still showing quiet heavy rain for a lot of the country Wednesday :

6jknps.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

my god, the wind that just blew through Greystones at 9am was mental. It blew constantly for about 3 mins. Now all you can hear is the house alarm symphony

0Z GFS has the heavy rain pretty much missing us completely now and slamming into southwest UK instead :

net7b8.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭nilhg

Interesting though how much variation there is still at not much more than 24 hours out in the ensembles.

MS_-753_ens.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

rain looks litting cornwall and perhaps clipping Irish SE, according to GFS and UKMO
    10082518_2406.gif
    10082512_2400.gif

HIRLAM has it affecting lower third of ireland
    http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm
    click on nedbor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

:( Another disappointment, it's a long autumn/winter though :)

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

excellent satelitte view of the approaching front. Will give you a good grasp of its path. takes a min or two to load, depending on your broadband speed

Here's some trivia, the name of the low is Cathleen.

http://www.met.fu-berlin.de/de/wetter/maps/Analyse_20100824.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Puzzle35

Not vey scientific I'm afraid so forgive hte simple question:o

Is it just me or is this the coldest August ever?? Please dont tell me we are in for another winter like last year, don't think I could take it :)

Puzzle35 wrote: »
    Please dont tell me we are in for another winter like last year

erm...:o

Here's some trivia, the name of the low is Cathleen.

http://www.met.fu-berlin.de/de/wetter/maps/Analyse_20100824.gif

well i see cathleen beat angelika while Fred and Gerhard looked on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Puzzle35 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is this the coldest August ever?? Please dont tell me we are in for another winter like last year :)
    With any luck - yes :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

WOULDNT mind a winter like last year:D going back to college, so i'll be falling with purpose instead of just falling

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    http://www.yr.no/satellitt/europa_animasjon.html

excellent satelitte view of the approaching front. Will give you a good grasp of its path. takes a min or two to load, depending on your broadband speed

great view, looks like it will hit us in the south east with just miserable rain and nothing special :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

great view, looks like it will hit us in the south east with just miserable rain and nothing special :mad:

I wouldn't be so sure it will hit us at all,scrape the southern coasts maybe but this chart needs to improve.

prec_nordeuro-16.gif

Well, at least we can look forward to a whole lot of nothing spewing its way in from the north Atlantic for the foreseeable:

125394.gif

*sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭compsys

Is this thing gonna hit Ireland at all now? Met Eireann still says most of the southern half of the country can expect heavy and persistent rain all day tomorrow whereas the BBC forecast and model run has it missing Dublin and most of the country completely.

Strange to have such differing forecasts this close to an event.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10209

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but that looks like it could be a warm one for us at the end of the week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Well, at least we can look forward to a whole lot of nothing spewing its way in from the north Atlantic for the foreseeable:

125394.gif

*sigh*

More of the same old, same old so - yawn!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

After watching the Eagle there and im confused,he says rain and "Computer says Nooooo":D

10082512_2412.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Very interesting to see the Eagle there sticking with a much more active setup for us tomorrow, with the rain making it all the way up to Ulster by tomorrow night, and lingering along the east coast Thursday morning, much in line with yesterday's model runs.

A bold move, let's see if he's right!

EDIT: SNAP, redsunset!

SeaFields wrote: »
    Maybe I'm reading it wrong but that looks like it could be a warm one for us at the end of the week?

You may be right, but all I am reading from that chart is the same repulsive trash we have endured all year with surface diverence galore killing off any chance of weather, average temps, pale milky yet glaringly raw sunshine shining through bleached white translusidus inbetween black belled clumps of cumuli.

In sum, pure ****e.

COMPUTER Vs "THE EAGLE"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_vHABxDQW0wqFvr3UKuNLMgTbq9Y_Co9OrsqtbreD06_e4TI&t=1&usg=__KBTLwXVLzB4T-3J5shen9jnfuZU=eagletonj.jpg

Place your bets now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

COMPUTER Vs "THE EAGLE"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_vHABxDQW0wqFvr3UKuNLMgTbq9Y_Co9OrsqtbreD06_e4TI&t=1&usg=__KBTLwXVLzB4T-3J5shen9jnfuZU=eagletonj.jpg

Place your bets now!
    :D

My head syas the computer but I really want the eagle to be right!

It's like betting on a hurlling match between kilkenny and wexford , your head says on thing your heart says another!!!:pac:

Advertisement