Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many of you actually believe the Moon Landing was fake?

Options
  • 20-08-2010 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Firstly this is not a general topic, if you post you can simply state whether or not you believe the conspiracy theory as if it was a poll.

Most people I know think they were real, and from the arguments I've heard against the Hoax movement I can easily assume 98% of the world are probably convinced they were real.

As for me I am not sure whether the landings were real, but I am more sure they were real than I am that they were fake.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

but I am more sure they were real than I am that they were fake.

This would be my line of thinking also

• Registered Users Posts: 19,165 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Of course they were real!

This is easily one of the more ridiculous Conspiracy Theories!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,230 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Well if you're on the fence ask this one question: Why didn't the Russians say anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭TalkieWalkie

Why didn't you just start an actual poll ?

Fake, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

The flag get's me, fake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

King Mob wrote: »
    Well if you're on the fence ask this one question: Why didn't the Russians say anything?

Some people believe the Russians knew it was a hoax but didn't say anything because the US could have retaliated and spoiled the beans on some of their earlier space exploits (which some say were also fake).

Thanks for bringing it up though. I find the Russians silence as evidence that the Moon Landing was real. Its one of the prominent factors that kept me believing the landings were real.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,165 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

karaokeman wrote: »
    Thanks for bringing it up though. I find the Russians silence as evidence that the Moon Landing was real. Its one of the prominent factors that kept me believing the landings were real.

Haha

This is one of the reasons i find this forum hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,230 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

karaokeman wrote: »
    Some people believe the Russians knew it was a hoax but didn't say anything because the US could have retaliated and spoiled the beans on some of their earlier space exploits (which some say were also fake).
    Well some of that came out actually. Gagrin wasn't technically the first man into space because he had to eject from his capsule before it landed. That was covered up for years and eventually it came out.

By the time the Americans got to the moon the Russians where years behind, so calling fake would have certainly let them catch up and maybe win the space race.
    The flag get's me, fake.
    What about the flag exactly?

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Haha

This is one of the reasons i find this forum hilarious!

One of the reasons you find this forum hilarious because he thinks the Russians silence is evidence ?

justshane wrote: »
    The flag get's me, fake.

Another false flag :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I believe the moon landings were real.. I can see why it's such a popular theory though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

I can see why it's such a popular theory though
    Yeah it would defo go down as one of the biggest con-jobs in history!!And would leave a lot of people feeling stupid:D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

i think it was real. i don't really lerk around this form much, i just seen this on the home page thing. but why do people go on about the flag? go on google images, theres obviously a straight bar across the top to give the impression that it's waveing:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    Yeah it would defo go down as one of the biggest con-jobs in history!!And would leave a lot of people feeling stupid:D

Not to mention all of the other theories it ties into in some way.. I think a lot of people base their belief on one thing on what they believe about another :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

clarke1991 wrote: »
    i think it was real. i don't really lerk around this form much, i just seen this on the home page thing. but why do people go on about the flag? go on google images, theres obviously a straight bar across the top to give the impression that it's waveing:rolleyes:

i hear the flag was like that due to the fact of zero gravity, it was starched or something as they knew there was no wind.

almanu wrote: »
    i hear the flag was like that due to the fact of zero gravity, it was starched or something as they knew there was no wind.
    i think i heard that zero gravity thing before aswell. looks to be a bar or something in the pic tho:p
    flag_salute_Cernan_as17-134-20380.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I believe the moon landings were real.. I can see why it's such a popular theory though

Same here.
    As much as I like the odd conspiracy theory, I think the landings actually happened.

i think it was real. i don't really lerk around this form much, i just seen this on the home page thing.

Yah right, your always creeping around here. Your just afraid someone will think ur crazy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

1.38 seconds ,stagehand to the right:eek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFs-iNNfU1I

Yah right, your always creeping around here. Your just afraid someone will think ur crazy ;)
    you found me out:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭bytey

its 50/50

at least SOME of the missions DID go to the moon , the later ones ,
    but ALL of the photo record is faked - there are many reasons as to why this was done
    but its easy to see that fakery on a massive scale has taken place in the records .

im very convinced that appollo 11 and 12 and possibly 14 , are dubious as to whether they went to the moon .

im more convinced that 15 to 17 actually went .

there is a middle ground :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭muppet_man

Yes I think the landings were real.
    Doubters should check out the mythbusters special on them, took most of their theories apart imho.
    Although maybe their in on it too......(fade in theme music of twilight zone) :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭kilmuckridge

i think i heard that zero gravity thing before aswell. looks to be a bar or something in the pic tho:p
    flag_salute_Cernan_as17-134-20380.jpg

I think it's zero wind that gets most ct's going, as there is 1/6g on the moon, so the flag wouldn't flap in the wind, but as there is no atmosphere there would be nothing to stop the flag moving with whatever momentum it had, similar to a pendulum

Wasn't the lack of stars in that picture an issue too, I mean, surely you would see stars in the background in space like, ya know like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Wasn't the lack of stars in that picture an issue too, I mean, surely you would see stars in the background in space like, ya know like :D

It's been proven that stars would not be visible in these photos over and over and over and over and over and over

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

How is the flag issue still even a question anymore given the blindingly obvious support poles being used and evident in the picture?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Now, we know more or less for a fact that Sam Peckinpah did film a Lunar Landing for Nasa and Nixon pre recorded a TV broadcast in the event of failure.

Now, I believe the landings did go ahead, but they did have communications failure and the TV pictures were interspersed with some of Sam's footage ~ I think that's pretty certain now.

So, I say, the first landing was maybe 50% successful and 50% pre-recorded film.

muppet_man wrote: »
    Although maybe their in on it too......(fade in theme music of twilight zone) :p

Actually, they made more of a case for the fake landing. They did not approach the subject from a neutral point of view, they set up their experiments to give an answer, rather than setting up the experiment to see WHAT answer was there.

I was disappointed actually. After their show I have become a doubter.

Lab_Mouse wrote: »

Not going OT, But I'd throw in Pearl Harbour and The Twin Tower here too. The US has a history of making grandiose fakery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

gbee wrote: »
    Not going OT, But I'd throw in Pearl Harbour and The Twin Tower here too. The US has a history of making grandiose fakery.
    also the way they fake the fact there not very intrested in soccerball lol

Advertisement