Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Launch HD plans

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Inbox wrote: »
    Wah? Feck sake I can't even get them in 16:9

Other than a virtually unwatchable signal from a deflector I cant get it at all

Maybe I should count my blessings ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Other than a virtually unwatchable signal from a deflector I cant get it at all

Maybe I should count my blessings ?

I can get a perfect picture, and I find them unwatchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

watty wrote: »
    exactly.

But initially only RTE2 (before 2nd Mux is available) will only be part time HD, for Sport mostly. To fit all on one mux they can't simulcast RTE2 SD, or have the RTE1+1 and RTE News Now would have to be still slideshow with audio. Then they have enough bit rate for what ever bit of Sport will be HD before Mux 2 is available.

We are also suggesting that TV3 are willing to pay up for both Analogue and Digital broadcasts until switch over. DTT could just be: -

RTÉ 1
    RTÉ 2 HD
    RTÉ 1 +1/ Children's
    TG4
    RTÉ News Now

Until TV3 decided that DTT is worth it, now if the BAI had any balls they would point out that they have given into TV3's demands for Longer ad breaks and will possible given into Product Placement on the channel (not that TV3 haven't always had product placement since 1998 ;) ) and that now is the time for TV3 not to rest on the Licence Fee as a Commercial Broadcaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Well, at end of 2012 TV3's Analogue licence is gone :)

watty wrote: »
    Well, at end of 2012 TV3's Analogue licence is gone :)

Well if they don't pay are partake in ASO/DSO as a private company their Digital Terrestrial Licence should be removed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Elmo wrote: »
    Well if they don't pay are partake in ASO/DSO as a private company their Digital Terrestrial Licence should be removed.

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

To quote from the Indo plug for TV3: .....

"How are TV3 so successful when they have a smaller budget and only one little studio?" he asked.

Yea, I wondered about that, then looked at their schedule and saw they have a big studio in Granada Manchester where they make loads of programmes, and another big one in London where they make loads of programmes and another in Birmingham where they make loads more programmes ... Oh wait abit - That's ITV that has those. TV3 is the one with the big plasma screens flashing out the same six letters while a skinny bird stand in front reads an autocue.

But then, if you only have a small budget ......

Post of the year for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    How long did it take for them to sort out wireless lapel/tie mics for use in their "state of the art garden shed studio" ?

PMSL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

More Music wrote: »
    PMSL.
    I had to look that up..

Please Molest Small Lemur.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Keithl2156

just emailed TV3 there, will i get a reply fast ? Its about the HD channel to launch in Sept 2012 before the ASO and i asked will it be on Sky+HD straight away and not like RTE Two HD on Sky one year later..

• Advertisement

Keithl2156 wrote: »
    just emailed TV3 there, will i get a reply fast ? Its about the HD channel to launch in Sept 2012 before the ASO and i asked will it be on Sky+HD straight away and not like RTE Two HD on Sky one year later..

Where have you seen that it will launch in September?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

The Vincent Brown set in HD ?!?! Is that really a good idea.

Solair wrote: »

They have built HD studios I assume that they plan to move most of their In-House programmes into that studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Elmo wrote: »
    They have built HD studios

A large cardboard box, painted green on the inside with one HD camera! :)

JDxtra wrote: »
    A large cardboard box, painted green on the inside with one HD camera! :)

Even I am not that cynical about TV3!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Solair wrote: »

Tonight with Vincent Brown only recently went 16:9, so I think HD is a long way off. And they really need to tone down that red background.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

n97 mini wrote: »
    Tonight with Vincent Brown only recently went 16:9, so I think HD is a long way off. And they really need to tone down that red background.

When it comes to toning down, the ghastly red set is the least of their problems.

If TV3 go HD, the VB show will be the first to go HD because it is so cheap to do so. Nothing moves, everything on it is automated, even down to the guest list.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

We don't drag up old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement