Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you want from your local pub?

Options
  • 14-08-2010 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

We are doing a bit of work for one of our customers who wants to implement a loyalty points system in their pub. They want to reward their customers who regularly visit the pub / restaurant.

I am looking for ideas of
    - Rewards you would like (please be realistic biggrin.gif)
    - examples you have seen in other pubs you thought were cool
    Any ideas that may help would be appreciated

Thanks
    Hardball
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

A pub in kilkenny has a token system. You get a token with every drink and once you have 10, you get a free pint.

Pity its not my local.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 saefraigh

The Bull & Castle runs a loyalty card for O'Hara's beers, 10+1 free, i've over indulged in this one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I remember a pub doing a twist on the usual 3 drinks for x deal that was pretty cool.
    3 bottles of beer were 10 euro/3 pints were 13 mon-thur
    1 euro of the ten/ 2 of the 13 were put in a jar
    when you bought the 3 drinks you got a raffle ticket
    friday night the lucky ticket got the prize
    now the prize would never be huge but it'd keep the regulars happy and the money would usually go straight back in the till. Would only really work in a pub with a good few regulars really though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Hardball wrote: »
    What do you want from your local pub?
    Beer from independent Irish breweries.
    saefraigh wrote: »
    The Bull & Castle runs a loyalty card for O'Hara's beers, 10+1 free
    I'm a regular user of this one too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I wish my local would award me :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Good service perhaps!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

BeerNut wrote: »
    I'm a regular user of this one too.

Same here... Especially when Goods Store is on Cask :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hardball

thanks. anyone been in the Commons in Cork. I hear they run a successful system?

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

A hole and a heartbeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

A bit of innovation in taste, it is the 21st Century after all and people have travelled the World, so a good choice of beers that aren't all bland, tasteless muck (Budweiser, Coors, Miller etc) use Porterhouse/Bull and Castle/L .Mulligan Grocer as examples, a wide choice of non mainstream (i.e tasteless) beers would have me going back to pubs much more than promotional gimmicks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 CrispMan

Women:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

A bit of innovation in taste, it is the 21st Century after all and people have travelled the World, so a good choice of beers that aren't all bland, tasteless muck (Budweiser, Coors, Miller etc) use .

True but to a lot of people (public and publicans) a choice of world beers is different variation on a poorly made lager

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

A decent selection of the beer, it they had even 1/10th of what the average offie stocks I would be happy enough!

My local is ridiculous, the only german beer in the place is non-alcoholic erdinger.

I want free finger food too, bowl of sausages/peanuts/crips esp. if we have been there a while and spending a fortune.

Mini bus service or similar. Down the country my mate gets a minibus which picks up all the locals, it is not free as he is not connected to the pub. The local barman once dropped me & a mate home, we invited him in but he was actually still working -we reckon either it was the manager asking him to do it as a good service -or more likely the manager telling him to get rid of us since we were pissed and didn't want to have to ask us to leave!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

6/7 good bottled craft beers, on a rotation, so I can ask the barman what they have this week.

The barman to know my name, and greet me as I come in.

A few nice beers on tap. This is one of the rarest things in Dublin. In Western Europe they have the beers we're lucky to have bottled, on tap in nearly ever cafe/bar.

Free finger food would be lovely actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Good (i.e. not "Television") beer.
    Free Olives.
    No sh!tty loud music/juke boxes etc.
    A warm fire in winter.

kenmc wrote: »
    Free Olives.

This one I can do without but I would like peanuts etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

The barman to know my name, and greet me as I come in.

Well you could meet him half way and wear a name badge.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Decent beer. The only non-mainstream beer my local does is Pilsner Urquell, which is nice, but considering I drink it every time now I'd like maybe 4/5 craft beers to choose from.

On the plus side the Urquell is only €4 a pint which is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭viper.10

for the manager to clean the pipes every now and again so the pints wouldnt taste like piss:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,839 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

viper.10 wrote: »
    for the manager to clean the pipes every now and again so the pints wouldnt taste like piss:mad:

line cleaning is done by the breweries these days.
    If the beer tastes like piss, it's probably cause it's sh1te beer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

viper.10 wrote: »

i see somebody like to drink urine :eek:

god free beer is what we need

antocann wrote: "god free beer is what we need"

?????????

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

antocann wrote: »
    god free beer is what we need
    Here you go: brewed as a fund-raiser for the Danish Atheists Society. Good stuff too.

In the godless range of beers can I nominate the unholy trinity of Coors lite, Budweiser and Heineken, all foul and evil brews.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

I am not a beer expert - far from it in fact - I sometimes like to drink suds (Miller) and would normally drink wine, cider or vodka.

But for some friends and family in the UK, they like Weatherspoons as they get in a variety of beers worldwide and locally brewed stuff

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/drink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fm7437

line cleaning is done by the breweries these days.
    If the beer tastes like piss, it's probably cause it's sh1te beer!

the breweries only do the lines once a month they use bullets that they send down the line to wipe any film left on the surface of the line that is not removed by the cleaning agent used by the bar person some bars leave all cleaning to the brewery and this leaves for horrible pints cleaning should be done a minimum of once a week or more often if lines dont have much of a draw on them also it is recommended lines be changed if pints are consistintly bad

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

This place has everything I'd want (my brother's local) except a good pint of Guinness. Yeah, its crappy UK town Centre but the atmosphere is good, food is good & honest and the beer menu is something extraordinary.. (maaan for a pint of Corn Dolly right about now)...

http://nagsheadreading.com/home.php#beer

fbp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Been looking at pubs in London the last week or so and seen different ideas like a "guest beer", free wifi,console game competitions as ways to get more punters in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭sunshineoh9

in the states EVERY bar has a ladies drink free or half off night (usually mid week), which brings in more women, which brings in more men...

some bars have 1/2 off specials or bogo nights

as far as rewards go i think the buy x and get 1 free is always a good plan but if you are just trying to boost business hot bartenders in skimpy outfits are always a good start! are their any attractive female bartenders working at the pub? throw them a bonus or an extra day off in exchange for wearing the sexy clothes rather than regular work clothes

• Advertisement

in the states EVERY bar

In fairness this statement is not true even if it is in caps ;)You might get a lot of them doing that in certain parts of some cities but I would say the majority of the bars in the USA do not do this and certainly none of the many I have been in do so.

People don't seem to be able to grasp just how stupidly massive the USA is, how diverse the cultures are and just how many people 310million actually is. Each state is like a different country with different laws etc.

Advertisement