Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The greatest player I have ever encountered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Kim kallstrom, Swedish player
    Taribo West
    Mark Kerr, Scottish lad

But my best player ever was Aghahowa in 01/02
    A beast!

Oh ye Mark Kerr and Agahowa were brilliant, D'Alessandro and the River keeper, was it Costanzo or something like that, all brilliant. Keigan Parker was another in Scotland who was very good. Pawel Brozek was another nice forward too.

A quick google search for Maxim Tsigalko and looks like a lot of people have had success with him

155614_1.png

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

chap called Tó Maderia or something if i remember, portugeezer, bangs in goals for fun, get him for around 80k first season in 01-02

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

CM3 there was a guy called Fahad Mehallal who was a machine at scoring bought for around 300k he was 28 or so though so you wouldnt get long out of him.

My favourite ever though was Carl Laure RB/LB bought from non league when he was 16, what an asbolute gem, like the OP would stay for his career never making a fuss.

There was also a midfielder I got on a free from Sunderland as cover stats werent great performances werent great but Inter bought him off me for £27million...which was nice! Can't remember his name think he was Argentinean!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

TechnoPool wrote: »
    chap called Tó Maderia or something if i remember, portugeezer, bangs in goals for fun, get him for around 80k first season in 01-02

Great player alright, did you see this though :D
    Fictional players

The first release of the game included a player named "Tó Madeira", a great striker no matter where he played. It was later revealed that Tó Madeira was not a real footballer, but in fact a fictional player created by a scout working for the game producers. Later releases of the game included more fictional players, such as the "Crazy Greeks" Alexandros Papadopoulos, Anastasios Skalidis and Nikolaos Tobros.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Championship_Manager_01/02

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

tvercetti wrote: »
    Lots from CM 04 -
    Lesser Knowns like Labinot Harbuzi,

What a player. My word what a player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I remember a guy called Orry Fryer Oskarrson or something, signed him for QPR and he TORE UP the championship.. and Supat Rungratsamee or something was bad ass too at 15

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭srfc19

razorblunt wrote: »

There was also a midfielder I got on a free from Sunderland as cover stats werent great performances werent great but Inter bought him off me for £27million...which was nice! Can't remember his name think he was Argentinean!

Julio Arca was it?? Unreal around CM 3/4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Think it was in CM 4 or so, a guy called Bjorn Zwikker was in the Ajax youth team, signed him for a 1 or 2 million and my god, he was a scoring machine, became the best striker in the game and banged in 50 a season for me year in year out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Mads Jorgenson was a fine player a few years back !! cheap as chips too , could do it at every level !

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Timistry

For me, it has to be this kid called Daniel Braathen in cm03/04. He was originally from a little club called Skaed in Norway. I heard about him on cm forums so i started a new game with man utd, loaded the league and found him. Cost 80k as far as i remember. Stats were around that of a mid/lower table striker. Average pace, 14ish first touch/finishing/composure etc. So nothing special on paper but could the lad play :eek: Just literally scored for fun. 40+ a season for about 4 years. So many hattricks and wondergoals. It was mental

I bought adu and guarin aswell. I found that adu sometimes did not reach his full potential or I could not play him enough. Guarin was a great backup on the right and had a knack for banging in 40 yard screamers!

• Advertisement

srfc19 wrote: »
    Julio Arca was it?? Unreal around CM 3/4

No, not Julio, though he was quality, I think it was something like Mendez.

No, not Julio, though he was quality, I think it was something like Mendez.

-EDIT- it was Nicolas Medina!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

McGeady is the best winger in the uk in FM 2010 !!! quality for me ...turning down 30 million bids from madrid and barcelona every window ....luckily he is loyal !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Skalidis!!

Ridiculous lad that would average a hat-trick a game once you figured out how to deploy him. Silly stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Gabriel Batistuta

LEGEND....THAT IS ALL

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Peadar_85

Franco Zuculini is a bit of a hero in FM 2009. Bought him for 850k from Racing Club as an 18 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

CM 01-02

Dionisis Chiotis

--Mike Duff---Ibrahim Said----Taribo West----Andriy Milevsky---

Mark Kerr

Kim Kallstrom
    Andres D'Alessandro

Julius Aghahowa

Maxim Tsigalko
    Cherno Samba

(Kallstrom and D'Alessandro beside Kerr in the centre but with attacking arrows forward)

Very very good team on a budget. All those players will be shortlisted or bidded on as soon as I started a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

champ manager 00/01 john o flynn and daniel nardiello absolute legends when trained right

• Registered Users Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Over the years,

Salas when he had to come from Chile, Colo Colo i think it was,

Pazzini was amazing for me, can't remember which year,

Anatoli Todorov another year,

One Italian player I can't remember the name of :( it will come to me at some stage and i'll edit it in.

8-10 wrote: »
    CM 01-02

Dionisis Chiotis

--Mike Duff---Ibrahim Said----Taribo West----Andriy Milevsky---

Mark Kerr

Kim Kallstrom
    Andres D'Alessandro

Julius Aghahowa

Maxim Tsigalko
    Cherno Samba

(Kallstrom and D'Alessandro beside Kerr in the centre but with attacking arrows forward)

Very very good team on a budget. All those players will be shortlisted or bidded on as soon as I started a game.

Aghahowa was always first on my list!

Kerr became the best player in the game most times if you played it long enough, and at an absolute bargain!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

From the old Championship manager 2001/02 the players mentioned in 8-10's team plus most of the players playing for Belarus teams, Selakovic from Sweden and To madeira can be acquired cheaply enough

Fausto Rossini anyone?

I remembered :D

Fausto Rossini anyone?

I remembered :D

was he the defender who could play anywhere across the back 4?

does anyone remember the uruguayan player in champ manager 00/01 who was shocking but if you bought him his value went up a massive amount,his name could be toni im not sure

was he the defender who could play anywhere across the back 4?

does anyone remember the uruguayan player in champ manager 00/01 who was shocking but if you bought him his value went up a massive amount,his name could be toni im not sure

No he was a forward, came from Atalanta, was lethal!

The only Toni I ever bought, was Luca Toni

No he was a forward, came from Atalanta, was lethal!

The only Toni I ever bought, was Luca Toni

oh yeh i remember him now great signing for celtic ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

My best signing would probably be Kevin Doyle for Chelsea in FM05, did a game starting unemployed and after 5 seasons or something ended up at Chelsea, brought him in and played up front with David Villa (The chelsea boss had brought him in for 50 mil 3 days before he was sacked :D.

Between the 2 of them they tore the league apart, Doyle setting up more than scoring but had something like 30 assists by the end of the season. Miss that game :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Andri Sigporsson, i shouldnt need to say anymore to CM veterans.

Melion wrote: »
    Andri Sigporsson, i shouldnt need to say anymore to CM veterans.

how can i thank that post a million times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭dannyo666

Carl Laurie from crewe,left back-CM 3

Bought for £150k ended up england captain valued at £18m

Ah memories............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

On the first FM I bought Sneijder for Milan from Ajax and he was just unreal. He scored a crazy amount of goals from 25+ yards out.

On FM2010 Fredrico Laurito developed into a goal machine for me.

Advertisement