Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete guide to Android

Options
  • 12-08-2010 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭

Kevin Purdy (Lifehacker) is writing a book on Android along the exact same lines that Gina Trapani wrote her book on Google Wave you can get info about it from the twitter page http://twitter.com/completeandroid where they release tips and hints and will give a discount on the pdf, ebook and eventually printed book.

Well worth a follow on twitter even if you dont plan on buying it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

will sub and see if it's any good. thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Does this mean google are about to drop android?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

hardCopy wrote: »
    .......I have no idea where you got that from anything here :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

hardCopy wrote: »
    .......I have no idea where you got that from anything here :confused:

Wave is being dropped after [not because of] the book was written on it. I think it was just a poor joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Otacon wrote: »
    Wave is being dropped after [not because of] the book was written on it. I think it was just a poor joke.
    Ohhhhh....i get it......i get jokes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Wave is being dropped?

I just logged into it there the other day to see if anything was new, it was a smashing idea just not really useful with everyone so comfortable and use to email.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭28064212

TheDoc wrote: »
    Wave is being dropped?

I just logged into it there the other day to see if anything was new, it was a smashing idea just not really useful with everyone so comfortable and use to email.
    Well, development is halted, and I think they're going to close it in the next year or so. Oddly, they haven't sent anything around about it to customers. You'd imagine at the very least, there would be a Wave on it (:pac:), but I only saw it on a tech-news website

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Wave is not being furthered by Google it is mostly open source and novell and some others will be offering (probably still) there own server implementation of it.

It is well worth the sub and I think it would be worth the few euro for the pdf/ebook especially with the discount.

It is a good experiment anyway to see how Android sells in a market like this as Wave had the Buzz but was significantly smaller.

Advertisement