Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low on space notification

Options
  • 10-08-2010 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭

I have an Acer Liquid and recently updated to 2.1 (Official) However now I am having loads of problems with low on space issues. I have very few apps, cleared all caches and still there are problems. I'm now no longer able to receive texts. Advanced task killer tells me that I have plenty of internal memory but the notification says otherwise. I'm stumped. Any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

I have System Panel Lite installed and it is good at telling what storage is left on the device.
    from there you can see what application storage is remaining (go to Menu->Dev Info ->Storage to see free space info) and remove some apps to free up space if required - I was getting lots of errors so removed things like Google Earth and large applications to free space up.

I have a similar problem where it says I only have 13MB left in my \system folder from a total of 250MB - I am a bit worried as I clear everything down and its still the same.
    I emailed HTC and they say 'the system will not take care of it itself. You may find shortly a low memory warning on your device. Therefore you may be required to delete certain applications. Please also remember to occasionally clear the cache and cookies on your browser.'
    However I am wary of trying to clear stuff from this folder and also I don't know how to do it

Anyone got any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭28064212

RonMexico wrote: »
    I have an Acer Liquid and recently updated to 2.1 (Official) However now I am having loads of problems with low on space issues. I have very few apps, cleared all caches and still there are problems. I'm now no longer able to receive texts. Advanced task killer tells me that I have plenty of internal memory but the notification says otherwise. I'm stumped. Any ideas.
    Advanced Task Killer is only referring to RAM, not internal storage for apps. Download "Android System Info" from the Market, and read what it says under 'Internal Memory', that's the actual figure. To figure out what is taking up the space, Go to your main settings menu, then Applications => Manage Applications. Press the menu button and select "Sort by Size", that will order them from most to least space taken up in internal storage.
    tui0hcg wrote: »
    I have a similar problem where it says I only have 13MB left in my \system folder from a total of 250MB - I am a bit worried as I clear everything down and its still the same.
    I emailed HTC and they say 'the system will not take care of it itself. You may find shortly a low memory warning on your device. Therefore you may be required to delete certain applications. Please also remember to occasionally clear the cache and cookies on your browser.'
    However I am wary of trying to clear stuff from this folder and also I don't know how to do it

Anyone got any ideas??
    /system is where the actual Android files reside. You can safely ignore it. /data is where Applications are stored and /cache is where the caches are stored, so uninstalling and clearing caches will only affect those

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Thanks for that. I will ignore the /system files so. It actually has remained the same for over 10 days now so maybe I'm just paranoid and only just noticed its size recently

Advertisement