Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

g mail notifications

Options
  • 09-08-2010 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭

Can't seem to get notifications from my g mail app. I've looked at all the settings at this stage, anyone any ideas please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭6ix

You've probably done this but just to be sure....

Have you looked at the notification settings within Gmail itself rather than the generic notification settings?

Go to Gmail, press the menu then select more > settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

I get notifications, but only for stuff in my Inbox. I have some filters setup where emails go straight to certain Labels as unread emails, but these dont appear in the notifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Can't seem to get notifications from my g mail app. I've looked at all the settings at this stage, anyone any ideas please?
    Settings => Accounts and Sync - Are both check-boxes checked? If so, open up Gmail, then Menu => Settings, make sure Email notifications are checked. Then go into Labels and make sure your Inbox is set to Sync for at least a couple of days
    johnp wrote: »
    I get notifications, but only for stuff in my Inbox. I have some filters setup where emails go straight to certain Labels as unread emails, but these dont appear in the notifications.
    In Gmail, go Menu => Settings => Labels, then click on whichever labels you want to sync with

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

28064212 wrote: »
    Settings => Accounts and Sync - Are both check-boxes checked? If so, open up Gmail, then Menu => Settings, make sure Email notifications are checked. Then go into Labels and make sure your Inbox is set to Sync for at least a couple of days

In Gmail, go Menu => Settings => Labels, then click on whichever labels you want to sync with

Cheers man, this has sorted it thanks

Advertisement