Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LauncherPro

Options
  • 08-08-2010 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭

I downloaded it based on loads of users here. I uninstalled it last week because of none of the normal widgets worked. But decided to give it another go cos the animations are cool!
    What's the story with the digital clock and weather widget? They don't work with it! Anyone recommend a good alarm clock app/widget to download for it?
    Does laucherpro plus have any extras worth getting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Launcherpro - what an app! launcherpro plus doesnt make much of a difference, just lets you resize widgets and other minor changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Yeah launcher pro is not compatible with sense widgets. I love launcherpro because I don't like sense. Between this and widget locker I have rid myself of sense but still have the option to go back if I want. Now I know sense does more that just the launcher and lock screen but I really didn't like the unlock action or sense dock. I flashed a sense froyo Rom but I was tempted to flash a stock froyo Rom.

I agree with the person who once said that sense is just extra bloat. When I upgrade I will look for a phone with stock android. It looks perfect as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

By "normal" widgets do you mean the Sense UI widgets that come on HTC phones? They only work on the stock HTC launcher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

By "normal" widgets do you mean the Sense UI widgets that come on HTC phones? They only work on the stock HTC launcher.
    Yes!
    Cool, once I get use to change, and no sense widgets I think launcherpro is the way forward. Makes the phone so much better to look at!

By the way paparazzo, to which animations do you refer?.

• Advertisement

And just in relation to weather and clock widgets, beautiful widgets (paid app) is amazing, tonnes of styles to choose from and you can link both the weather and clock part to any app you like. It defaults to the stock clock app, ie your alarm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

I've downloaded launcherpro and can't find it ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Covey wrote: »
    Push the home button. It's not an app, it's a launcher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Covey wrote: »

You need to download 'Home Switcher' first.

By the way paparazzo, to which animations do you refer?.
    Well, weather isn't that important, but a digital clock would be nice, one that when you tap links into the alarm clock.
    And just in relation to weather and clock widgets, beautiful widgets (paid app) is amazing, tonnes of styles to choose from and you can link both the weather and clock part to any app you like. It defaults to the stock clock app, ie your alarm
    Might give it a go, sounds good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

You need to download 'Home Switcher' first.
    Done that thanks.

Everything I want is 2.99 though... not much use tbh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Why do you need home switcher? Just go into Applications > manage apps > go to HTC Launcher and clear defaults.

I was using Launcher Pro for awhile on Paul's r4 ROM for the Desire but it was laggy so I uninstalled, will install the r7 official ROM in the next few days so might go back then, as I have beautiful widgets etc already.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Well, weather isn't that important, but a digital clock would be nice, one that when you tap links into the alarm clock.

Might give it a go, sounds good

IMO, its weather animations are even nicer than sense.

I found a nice weather/clock widget. Digital clock is linked to the alarm, and weather shows the next 2 days weather, all in a nice sized widget.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

What's the widget? I use the Modoco 2.2 Froyo rom that comes with the default Android (not HTC) News/Weather widget. Nice 1x4 widget that links to a handy little weather viewer and news reader.

Switched to Launcher Pro the other day anyway, and love it! Got over the missing HTC widgets fairly quickly tbh.

If you have $3 to spare, getting the paid version might be worth it. The LauncherPro widgets - People, Calendar and Bookmarks - are quite similar to HTC's offerings and are improvements on them I think. Particularly like the 'Agenda' view in the calendar widget. And resizing widgets is pretty handy too.

Plus, if you can, it seems to be an app worth supporting.

Goodshape wrote: »
    What's the widget? I use the Modoco 2.2 Froyo rom that comes with the default Android (not HTC) News/Weather widget. Nice 1x4 widget that links to a handy little weather viewer and news reader.

Switched to Launcher Pro the other day anyway, and love it! Got over the missing HTC widgets fairly quickly tbh.

If you have $3 to spare, getting the paid version might be worth it. The LauncherPro widgets - People, Calendar and Bookmarks - are quite similar to HTC's offerings and are improvements on them I think. Particularly like the 'Agenda' view in the calendar widget. And resizing widgets is pretty handy too.

Plus, if you can, it seems to be an app worth supporting.

+1

The one I got is just called "weather widget (yr.no)" by Thomware. I searched for beautiful widgets. It has 4 different sizes and you can program the clock to be a shortcut to anything.

Launcher Pro has been causing me some difficulty. I've changed the icons but they keep reverting back.

I bought the paid version to support the Guy,nice Widgets

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

Any way to get Monday as the first day of the week on calendar widget? Only option I could find was 24hr or am/pm times to choose from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

+1. Great launcher. Just changed over from the Sense one and it is much better. Even paid my $3 as I'd like to see continued development on it.

Well worth it.
    I bought the paid version to support the Guy,nice Widgets

Has anyone got the pro version? Is it worth getting?

Yeah I have it, it basically adds the sense widgets, I just wanted to buy the guy a pint, his change log is mighty impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭flynnduism

Checked this out yesterday, very impressed. Much smoother - better scrolling and seems to be way more customisable than the Sense UI. Being able to choose how many homescreens you want (up to 7) especially!

It has crashed on me a couple of times - creating widgets seems to freeze the program until you restart it.

Will be buying the pro/plus version of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Yeah I have it, it basically adds the sense widgets, I just wanted to buy the guy a pint, his change log is mighty impressive

Being a Nexus One user it's worth it for getting the extra widgets. Though the ability to resize any widget, not just the LauncherPro ones, is probably it's best feature. Also like osnola said, the dev has already earned it. I was quite happy to hand over 3 dollars to him for the all the effort put in and all the benefits I've gained from having something like LauncherPro.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

I have to agree, this is great, and really spruces up my N1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I tried Launcherpro but went back to ADWLauncher much like how I tried Clockwork Recovery but went back to Amon-ra.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

i tried adw but i think LauncherPro performs better in terms of stability speed and option availability

This is probably a simple thing to do but I added two lancherpro widgets to my home screen and now I can't remove them. I've tried long press but nothing happens. Any ideas?

Edit, never mind. I was long pressing the wrong part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Edit, never mind. I was long pressing the wrong part.

lol

Advertisement