Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh Sweet Devine Jesus!!!!Help

Options
  • 07-08-2010 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Decided in my wisdom today to completely re-do my home screen on my Desire....What was I thinking? Have to main screen done and looks great but........theres feck all on all the other screens...nada...diddlysquat!!!!
    What have I done wrong? I.ve saved the main sceen but how do i go about setting up the other screens with my mail, picture contacts tc ( used to have my family on pic contacts:( want that back!
    Can someone help this blonde idiot to sort this out? I'll be forever n your debt;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

No problem...press Home, then Menu. Select Scenes and choose e.g. Work...
    Set it up as you want and then repeat the above and for safeties sake save your new page as e.g. Blondie.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Remember Op, Jesus saves but he expects us to backup ourselves...

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

I've actually given up and gone back to a previously saved home screen but now when I pinch to zoom it keeps coming up with msg htc sense not responding...force close!!!!sweet devine what have I done to my lovely phone? Help me out people....is there any htc for dummies book on the market?:)

Ok, think I might have discovered the problem...I download a dodgy app or apps.....un installed those and everything working fine now thank god! Lesson learnt...be careful what you download:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

joanofarc wrote: »
    Ok, think I might have discovered the problem...I download a dodgy app or apps.....un installed those and everything working fine now thank god! Lesson learnt...be careful what you download:rolleyes:

care to share the name of the app in a non-slanderous method? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

joanofarc wrote: »
    I've actually given up and gone back to a previously saved home screen but now when I pinch to zoom it keeps coming up with msg htc sense not responding...force close!!!!sweet devine what have I done to my lovely phone? Help me out people....is there any htc for dummies book on the market?:)

Good news on sorting out your bit of bother. (Please let us know what caused it, as Nekro Man has already requested.)

Just in case you are still in trouble, have a look at the following thread, and specifically the post by partyatmygaff quoted

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055984123

"If you did a NANDROID backup just use that. If not just run this RUU file

http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Brav...984_signed.exe

You start up your phone in FASTBOOT mode by holding down the back button as it boots up and then plug it in via USB and then simply open the RUU exe.

After that you should be back to stock."

The shipped rom listed would more than likely get you back to a clean slate. I installed it in order to unroot, in preparation for froyo...and it worked fine.

I performed a soft reset last night and that seemed to solve the problem, phone worked fine for a few hours, however when I tried to use it this morning the same 'Force Close' message was back. I reset the phone to factory defaults and then restored from a backup. I also downloaded the latest HTC software, all seems fine now but I will monitor over the next few hours to see if the problem returns.

Obviously the previous post was written by my significant other....he's trying to help me out! thanks for the reply's lads but you might as well be talking french as it means nothing to me....did i mention i'm a girl and blonde:D At the moment we're back to the original htc screen and have preety much everything that i always had except i seem to have lost all my calender info!! Really need that as all my dates for family/ events/ appointments etc were on there:eek: Anyone know how i can get that back?my SO saved everything on my backup folder but we can't seem to get back my original calender.

hi lads just wanted to update you.....have my desire back to where i like it again after spending hours getting it sorted. it would appear that it was a weather app that i downloaded that gave all the problems....it took 3 days to download ( that should have been warning enough but hay...as i said...what do i know). lesson learnt anyway and from now on i will back up all my info to pc on a regular basis. the only data i lost in the end was all my calender entries and my note entries and my diary:( these were all app's that i had downloaded so obviously these cannot be backed up/saved to pc. (if there is a way would someone enlighten me!!)
    Thanks again for replies....be lost without boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

what was the name of the app? so that we may avoid it?

• Advertisement

hi neckro man.....if you just type weather into your app search its the first one to come up....Z in the maker title....don't wanna get myself in trouble here!!! as i say....i think it was that app coz it took 3 days to download! anyway i'm all sorted now and my phone is back to where i like it. my so is gona backup my stuff on a regular basis now:D

Advertisement