Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reverting back to Stock Rom

Options
  • 29-07-2010 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I did what was hopefully the hard part and rooted to froyo with the open desire rom.

However I always planned on going back to stock to get the official upgrade.

It looks like the official may actually be just around the I (although seeing is believing). On top of that I think I may have to do a factory restore anyway as there seems to be something seriously wrong with the syncing system in my phone (as in nothing seems to be syncing with google for the past few days).

Don't know if this is open desires fault of if my playing around with various apps and google related locale plug ins has just fecked things up.

Anyway seeing as how I have to wipe anyway, may as well go back to stock now.

So, two questions.

1. I presume factory wipe won't put me back to stock, just put me back to square one with current rom.

2. If not, how do I get back to stock?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

If I did a Nandroid back up while rooting, can I just reload the recovery file to restore to stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

If you did a NANDROID backup just use that. If not just run this RUU file

http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Bravo/RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.21.405.2_Radio_32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2_release_126984_signed.exe

You start up your phone in FASTBOOT mode by holding down the back button as it boots up and then plug it in via USB and then simply open the RUU exe.

After that you should be back to stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Bravo/RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.21.405.2_Radio_32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2_release_126984_signed.exe

You start up your phone in FASTBOOT mode by holding down the back button as it boots up and then plug it in via USB and then simply open the RUU exe.

pamg, re using the Nandroid backup for recovery: the backup is made on a rooted phone, so I'm wondering will it restore to a rooted phone?

If this is what actually happens, then your second solution seems to become the answer i.e. run the RUU .exe file from the FASTBOOT.

What do you think,

cheers,

kesey

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

kesey wrote: »
    pamg, re using the Nandroid backup for recovery: the backup is made on a rooted phone, so I'm wondering will it restore to a rooted phone?

If this is what actually happens, then your second solution seems to become the answer i.e. run the RUU .exe file from the FASTBOOT.

What do you think,

cheers,

kesey
    The NANDROID restore will bring it back to what it was when you made the backup. Better off using the 2nd method.

Ok, i'm now back to rooted stock!

Not back to square one, but it will do for now. There was some crazy **** going on with my google sync abilities (i.e. almost no apps could connect), and i was going to have to restore anyway.

there was some other stuff going on as well - i don't think pushing things to memory card via titanium was good for the phone - it appeared to have much less memory than it should have had.

Now that I'm back to stock, I see i had a lot more apps installed to phone on stock than I could fit on froyo in the end. it was also downloading apps from the market but then telling me there wasn't enough memory to install, even though i had just uninstalled about 5mbs worth of apps!

I'll stick with rooted eclair with market access for now, and then when the official froyo hits I'll use PAMG's link for bringing it back to unrooted stock.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Started my phone in fastboot mode then what?
    how do i select the RUU file?
    thanks
    j

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

seanin4711 wrote: »
    Started my phone in fastboot mode then what?
    how do i select the RUU file?
    thanks
    j

You can just connect via USB as normal and select 'HTC sync', then run the file, it will do all of the work. I haven't got it working on Win7, but XP is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭seanin4711

worked on win 7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

I dont want or need to do this but if someone has a mac and doesnt have some form of windows to borrow you would have to download and flash the stock image you originaly had as if it was any other image.

So need to do this again - revert to stock. I tried the link above which worked previously but it won't work this time. Said something about being an incorrect version. I am on a gingerbread cynagen mod 7 rom.

I tried to download what I thought was the latest RUU for forgo but it's not recognising the phone as being connected.

Anybody got an up to date RUU file? I have one of the original AMOLED desires if that makes a difference.

• Advertisement
Advertisement