Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

hoopyhoopy wrote: »
    I see Stephen cluxton to score over 2.5 points is 5/6

Thinking of throwing €60 on it, does anyone know average game how many 45s he gets !?? I presume he hits over 3 most games !??

This blog provides a good breakdown on the number of shots a player has in each game.

http://dontfoul.wordpress.com/2014/04/28/dublin-v-derry-2014-league-final/

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭hoopyhoopy

djPSB wrote: »
    This blog provides a good breakdown on the number of shots a player has in each game.

http://dontfoul.wordpress.com/2014/04/28/dublin-v-derry-2014-league-final/

Cheers for that, very interesting !!! And as a result I won't be backing clucko to get 2.5 scores !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

KevIRL wrote: »
    Thoughts on today's games please mr Midas touch. Some strike rate lately, well played sir

Looks tough today but the Down game interests me a little the overs is 34.5 but with Leitrim only scoring 13 the previous game it would prob mean Down would need to score about 26 - too much in my mind but I'm going to go against The Racing Post here go for Down over 22.5 points @ 21/20 with Boyles looks achievable when you consider Roscommon scored 1-18 on a bad day and Leitrim have had several defections since. Also a small stake on goals in the Kildare/Meath game double of over 2.5 @ 5/6 and over 1.5 Down goals @ 8/13, I like this bet and think it has a great chance. I think the Kildare fame will be high scoring but over 38.5 is a bit big considering Kildare's history with wide plus both teams are untested as yet - not as confident as yesterday but it's the best I can come up with :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Cluxton's FK taking has gone off the boil a bit lately, he missed 2 or 3 routine kicks against Laois. He's still usually good for at least a point a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Double of 2 11/10 shots.

Antrim win
    Over 2.5 goals Kildare v Meath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭Browney7

shmeee wrote: »
    Double of 2 11/10 shots.

Antrim win
    Over 2.5 goals Kildare v Meath

That overs bet was very unlucky. Meath should have had three by half time and Kildare butchered a few goal opportunities as well

Browney7 wrote: »
    That overs bet was very unlucky. Meath should have had three by half time and Kildare butchered a few goal opportunities as well

Ah stop, and then Kildare hit post last minute.

And meanwhile Offal score a last minute goal to beat Antrim. Pure robbed them blind.

Radonman wrote: »
    Looks tough today but the Down game interests me a little the overs is 34.5 but with Leitrim only scoring 13 the previous game it would prob mean Down would need to score about 26 - too much in my mind but I'm going to go against The Racing Post here go for Down over 22.5 points @ 21/20 with Boyles:D looks achievable when you consider Roscommon scored 1-18 on a bad day and Leitrim have had several defections since. Also a small stake on goals in the Kildare/Meath game double of over 2.5 @ 5/6 :mad:and over 1.5 Down goals @ 8/13:D, I like this bet and think it has a great chance. I think the Kildare fame will be high scoring but over 38.5 is a bit big considering Kildare's history with wide plus both teams are untested as yet - not as confident as yesterday but it's the best I can come up with :(

Down bet romped home but the finishing in the Meath / Kildare let me down for the overs - See below

On a plus point Offaly won so i'll be watching out for the Handicap on that one in the next round

Absolutely nothing stands out in the Dublin game for me - so going to enjoy it and maybe do a bit of live betting ( but probably not)

probably worth small stakes on the dublin full forward line to score the first goal with the double odds special if they score in the first fifteen minutes. Realistically Dublin will get the first goal

probably worth small stakes on the dublin full forward line to score the first goal with the double odds special if they score in the first fifteen minutes. Realistically Dublin will get the first goal

K, for the crack, Connolly @ 7/1 and Rock @ 6/1 first goalscorer :o

• Advertisement

Radonman wrote: »
    K, for the crack, Connolly @ 7/1 and Rock @ 6/1 first goalscorer :o

Mannion could have had three so far :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

In play Dublin are 5/6 to score 1 first half goal

Looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Collie D wrote: »
    Screw it - have backed Wexford +15. Hills going even money. Might also double up with something else around same price if I can see it. Thinking of Colombia to beat Uruguay. Hopefully as has been already posted will get a chance to go on Dublin -7 at some point

Last time I bet against my own team. Checked HC at half-time and best I could see was Dublin -13 so didn't bother. Bet was always on track but knew there would be a late Dublin goal (gambling gods).

Plus side: My mates had a good laugh at my expense and I did Colombia in a single rather than doubling them with the handicap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Last time I bet against my own team. Checked HC at half-time and best I could see was Dublin -13 so didn't bother. Bet was always on track but knew there would be a late Dublin goal (gambling gods).

Plus side: My mates had a good laugh at my expense and I did Colombia in a single rather than doubling them with the handicap

Bet 365 had Dublin -10 at ht at 10/11.

Rasputin11 wrote: »

Was -11 as quick and then went to -12 soon after. -10 didn't last long.

Powers went +15 Wexford @ evens. I had a nice bet on both in the hope of a 12/13/14 point Dublin win for a lovely earner but not to be so broke even.

The handicaps at HT do be different between the bookies and many opportunities to be found to try make a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Rasputin11 wrote: »

I actually saw that but by the time I logged in and deposited they'd shifted the line. Was too tight a spread for me to go for it and hope to win on double

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

I actually saw that but by the time I logged in and deposited they'd shifted the line. Was too tight a spread for me to go for it and hope to win on double

I saw the -10 and hesitated for a second and it was gone. I got on the -11.5 at evens though and it instantly went to 12.5 @10/11.

Recipe for success at the moment is if it's nice weather then go "over" points in Dublin matches. 2 for 2 this year and even if they falter in the first half as they have done twice you are safe enough. It was 42.5 points yesterday on Bet365 pre match. I did that and then went in again at HT as it was down to 37.5.

They score a lot and they concede a good bit too. I'd say the next game the bookies will push that total up again. But if its nice weather......;)

Over 0.5 first half goals @ 2.5/1 - pretty open game

Oops wrong thread should be the World Cup Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Looking ahead to the weekend, the one that is attracting me is Wicklow at home to Sligo @ 10-11. Any opinions on this, the game is on in Aughrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Warper wrote: »
    Looking ahead to the weekend, the one that is attracting me is Wicklow at home to Sligo @ 10-11. Any opinions on this, the game is on in Aughrim.

Sligo were destroyed by Roscommon in a challenge match a few days ago. Wicklow also beat Sligo in a qualifier two years ago at the same venue.

Get everything you have on the Garden County and ride it until the wheels come off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,533 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Surprised to see KK minors still favs v Dublin on Sunday. Dubs were 6/4 earlier in the week, 6/5 now. KK only scored 0-3 when these 2 sides met earlier in the year in Nowlan Park and got a somewhat fortunate backdoor draw in Leinster (Carlow then Laois). They are also missing a number of players through injury. Can never be too sure at minor as team performance can swing so much but I think the Dubs are a bet here

Throwing in with a double for the Dub senior team as well

Think Cork at home will have too much for this Kerry team at home. Evens for -1 with PP and 7/4 ht/ft with same and Boyles. Think both will come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ThinkAboutIt

what's da best bet for da weekend lads ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,547 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Cork have had a very annoying habit of starting poorly against Kerry and coming back strongly in the second half.

Kerry ht result 11/8
    Kerry ht cork ft 4/1
    And one I really like is either team to win by 5 to 9 points 2/1

Limerick v Antrim - over 33.5 pts @ 10/11 Boyles - weather condition good for scoring today with very little breeze and a slippy surface. Both teams have a good scoring record so far and 34 pts should be attainable which is a full 2 pts better than the PP market.
    Tipperary v Longford - I expect a big score here and this is my main bet over 34.5 @ 10/11 Boyles again 2 points better than PP - both again capable of high scoring although Antrim only got 12 against Donegal I won't hold that against them as I think there the only team to challenge Dublin this season

Clare v Wexford - always goals with Wexford so over 2.5 @ 4/9 and over 3.5 @ 11/10 both PP, I'll probably do in play too - the line is 47.5 here which is attainable but I'd be afraid that Wexford could crumble here and Clare would need to score the vast majority - goals for me seem the safest bet with Davy trying to put down a marker

James O'Donoghue to score a goal tomorrow for Kerry at 15/8 seems a bit of value. He tends to go for goals when he gets the chance.

James O'Donoghue to score a goal tomorrow for Kerry at 15/8 seems a bit of value. He tends to go for goals when he gets the chance.

Is he not injured?

Is he not injured?

Named to start

In play;

Clare v Wexford

Draw at 7/1 worth a pop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,788 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan