Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotkeys / Binds

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I use logitec Gkeys with my key binds...

I bind orbital commands to 0,9,8 and 7 then use gkeys with macros like:

0 - C - click

this allows me to quick scan under my mouse on the screen or minimap in one key

I also bound 10 clicks to a key, so that if i need to send 1000 minerals to an ally I don't waste time clicking up the value

I'm still looking for other marcos to speed things up and gain advantage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Spacedog wrote: »
    I use logitec Gkeys with my key binds...

I bind orbital commands to 0,9,8 and 7 then use gkeys with macros like:

0 - C - click

this allows me to quick scan under my mouse on the screen or minimap in one key

I also bound 10 clicks to a key, so that if i need to send 1000 minerals to an ally I don't waste time clicking up the value

I'm still looking for other marcos to speed things up and gain advantage

According to some other post on here that quoted blizzard: macros are considered cheating!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Is this true? I've a Logitech keyboard but have yet to use these macros.

EDIT: My logitech keyboard can't do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

any g series logitec device should support macros.

i don't think it's cheating any more than having a joystick with autofire or including MBS

the money sending macro is great fun though, check out the replay...

http://sc2.replayers.com/replays/view/3505

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭KilOit

Spacedog wrote: »
    any g series logitec device should support macros.

i don't think it's cheating any more than having a joystick with autofire or including MBS

the money sending macro is great fun though, check out the replay...

http://sc2.replayers.com/replays/view/3505

Pretty nifty tactic, yer man was a bit slow on the up take though, would be risky though if you went up against 2 rushers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭Paleface

I have a question regarding binding buildings to hotkeys.

So I have 5 Rax that I want to bind to a hotkey on 5 for example. But due to building placement I can't select them all at once without selecting other units or buildings or they are simply out of screenshot whilst I am trying to do this so double clicking on one does not select them all.

How do I bind them all to the one hotkey?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Double click on one 'set' and bind them to your group, then double click on the other 'set' and bind them to the same group.

Shzm wrote: »
    Double click on one 'set' and bind them to your group, then double click on the other 'set' and bind them to the same group.

Would that not just overwrite the original "set" effectively replacing what you originally binded with your latest selection?

click the one you want to add to the group and press shift + 5

Paleface wrote: »
    Would that not just overwrite the original "set" effectively replacing what you originally binded with your latest selection?

Nah I think it adds to it.

• Advertisement

Nah I think it adds to it.

I think your wrong because if you do that repeatedly you'll end up with everything assigned to the one hot key eventually.

You have to be able to replace as well as add.

I think Grimebox has it right. I will try tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

No in starcraft 2 you can add to a group by simply selecting new units and adding them. Its a pain if you add something you were not meant to cause I keep forgetting the shortcut to remove units from a group (and have done it where i have 3 drones plus all my hatchs to one group and I cant build units cause the build list doesnt come up when I press the group key until those 3 drones are dead or turned into extractors.)

But yeah starcraft is different to most other RTS in that groups can have new units added to it really easily.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    No in starcraft 2 you can add to a group by simply selecting new units and adding them. Its a pain if you add something you were not meant to cause I keep forgetting the shortcut to remove units from a group (and have done it where i have 3 drones plus all my hatchs to one group and I cant build units cause the build list doesnt come up when I press the group key until those 3 drones are dead or turned into extractors.)

But yeah starcraft is different to most other RTS in that groups can have new units added to it really easily.

So is there no way to just drop the hotkey entirely and start again in your case?

I think your wrong because if you do that repeatedly you'll end up with everything assigned to the one hot key eventually.

You have to be able to replace as well as add.

I think Grimebox has it right. I will try tonight.

So.. did you try it? Was I wrong?

So.. did you try it? Was I wrong?

Control + Key to create a new hotkey with whatever is currently selected. This will also replace whatever is currently assigned to that key.

Shift + Key will add whatever is selected to the hotkey along with what is already assigned to the hotkey previously.

Control + Key to create a new hotkey with whatever is currently selected. This will also replace whatever is currently assigned to that key.

Shift + Key will add whatever is selected to the hotkey along with what is already assigned to the hotkey previously.

Also if you have a group selected and you want to remove just one unit from it (say a hatchery assigned to the group) you hold shift and click on the undesired unit then press ctrl + 1 to reassign the group without that unit.

Advertisement