Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduce Yourself 2010/2011 - Introductions only - No chat

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Blerdiii

Name:Clair
    Year/Course: JF Science(phys/biology)
    Societies/Clubs/interests: radio,rifle,music, phil tbh ill give anything that doesn't require hand eye coordination a go :D...and anything and everything with alcohol.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Name: Dónal
    Year/Course: JF Psychology
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Hopefully get involved in music, drama, French... and anything else I fancy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Name: Donal
    Year/Course: SF engineering
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Dubc, JCR, and whoever has a captain americas 2x1 card!

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭RexMundi

Name: Eoin
    Year/Course: JF History and Politics
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Anything looking half interesting at Freshers'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭JamesJB

Name: James
    Year/Course: JF Science
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Thinking of joining a few societies. Will probably stick to some science type ones, possibly something sports related to get fit (I'm a skinny, bookish type who gets worn out from five minutes of jogging... Perhaps I'll do swimming or something). My interests vary: literature, films, videogames, music and science. My biggest (and most time consuming) hobby is writing. I've worked consistently on one novel through so many rewrites and changes and edits that I reckon I'll be stuck writing it forever...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Name:Simon
    Year/Course: JF Computer Science
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Netsoc and DUCS for sure, the rest we'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Richard Noggin

Name: Rob
    Year/Course: JF History
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Football, films, history.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 funkadelica

Name: Nikki
    Year/Course: Ehmm...repeating first year TP :D
    Societies/Clubs/Interests: Mathsoc, Physoc, Sci-Fi Soc are all pretty good..and hopefully looking to join a sport

PS, good to see so many familiar faces in this thread lads :P

• Registered Users Posts: 18 carberry

Name: Shane
    Year/Course: SS Mech Engineering
    Societies/Clubs/interests: Engsoc, kitesurfing, american football, although i wont be joining the TCD team as i play for my home town :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Name: Stephen K
    Year/Course: SS TSM Psychology/English (majoring in Psychology). Formerly did two years of Science.
    Age: 23, like Scott Pilgrim. Nobody likes you when you're twenty-three. :)
    Societies/Clubs/Interests: Gamers, LGBT, the debating societies, Players. Been living at home for the last few years and am finally moving up to campus, thanks to Schols. So I'm hoping to get a chance to involve myself in college life a bit more, as far as final year will let me. Hoping to do a PhD in English after I graduate (yay Schols, again).

Feel free to ask me about: Psychology, English, transferring course, sitting Schols three times, the Gamers society, the LGBT, being that few years older than most people in your course without being a mature student. By PM, that is! No chat in the thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Name: Stuart
    Year/Course: SF Medicinal Chemistry
    Societies/Clubs/Interests: Have to find something to keep myself busy this year as I won't be the SU hack I was last year. Will be joining pokersoc, surfing and probably a lot more that interest me! Joining a megaleague (soccer) team as well.
    Probably jump on the ents crew bandwagon as well. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

Name: Ian
    Year / Course: JF (assuming that means Junior Freshman?:confused:) Science
    Societies / Clubs / Interests: I'll be looking to join pokersoc, filmmakers and football. Would be interested in joining a megaleague team but I have no idea of how to go about doing it!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

Name: Jack
    Year/Course: JF Engineering
    Societies/Clubs/interests: I don't really know what societies I'm going to join yet. I like music so probably the music society :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lolocp

Name: Linda
    Year / Course: dental nursing
    Societies / Clubs / Interests: hoping to get involved in sport....maybe tennis

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Name: Elaine
    Year / Course: 1st year Human Health and Disease ( see you there Janette and Paola :)
    Societies / Clubs / Interests: Astronomy...dont think there is a club though, rowing

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Equium

Name: Michael
    Year / Course: JS Engineering (Transferring)
    Societies / Clubs / Interests: some sport hopefully, maybe football

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Name: Stephanie
    Year / Course: JS Theoretical Physics (almost upheld the longstanding tradition of transferring into maths, then decided not to at the last second. Sorry maths. :/)
    Societies / Clubs / Interests: I'm on the committee of DUCSS, Pirate Party, and Mathsoc. Other societies which I joined this year are Envirosoc, Fencing, Gamers, Amnesty, DUGES, Netsoc, VDP, Singers, and Physoc... How many of these I attend with any nontrivial frequency is another question. In practice my interests are Starcraft 2 and art/politics/music/other games. I'm a bit of a nerd. If you feel like stalking me, I have a maths website... somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Tears in Rain

Name: Mark
    Year / Course: Going into JF Theoretical Physics
    Societies / Clubs / Interests: DUCSS / Netsoc. I'm a huge fan of electronic dance music, but I don't think there are any societies that cater to this in Trinity? I might also try get involved with Mathsoc or Physoc seeing as I'm going into TP, but it depends on how scary/impenetrably cliquey they are (small societies are intimidating)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Name: Dave
    Year/Course: JS History
    Societies/Clubs/Interests: Involved with the rifle club. Also attend the gym. Other interests are reading and writing, music, hiking, coffee, cooking and hunting and shooting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Sleet

Name: Bryan
    Year/Course: SS Radiation Therapy
    Societies/Clubs/Interests: Joined Fencing, but the chances of me actually going.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 lindhouse

Name: Tomas
    Year/Course: 1st Science
    Societies/Clubs/Interests: Joined Paintball,Boxing,Surf, DUAMS, TFM,Comedy,Phil...so far I have only been to one of their events!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Bueller

Name: Seán
    Societies/Clubs/Interests: VDP and Sci-Fi and the like. I only really do VDP though
    Year: 2nd
    Course:
    Secret!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Xenothy

Name: Virginia Mahieu
    Year/Course: JF Science
    Societies/Clubs/interests: music, all kinds of it (especially Trad)

talk to me, i'm nice! And I'd like to talk to people who go to Trinity.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Unstickied.

New thread here.

Advertisement