Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Razer Naga Mouse

Options
  • 05-08-2010 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone here ever bought this mouse for use with wow?

I'm looking for a new mouse and this was suggested to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

isnt that a bit expensive just for playing wow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

You can map it now for other games. It's £10 more expensive then other razer mice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

You can map buttons on other mice just as well. I've the extra buttons mapped on my logitech mouse with wow just fine.

The only wow specific hardware worthy of any mention, imo anyway, is the zboard and it's wow keyboard.

I did some research and it has a huge amount of positive reviews and is closely priced to other razer mice. Tempted.

Wouldn't buy a zboard. Those things are fugly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

If i didnt know any better id think it was a telephone...

Does it have a good camera?

:D:D:D

Lookin for a new mouse myself, death adder is slowly dying, anybody know where i can pick up a 3.0 for cheap in Dublin ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

ahh balls. Wrote a really log review of what I thought of it, and then lost it. Key points

1)Buttons can be used for other games and outside WoW for the OS
    2)Fantastic design and comfortable
    3)Takes a bit of time some thinking and macro work to get everything out from the mouse
    4)Razer are awesom!
    5)Since getting the mouse I have only been using 3/4 buttons on my keyboard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i have a diamondback razor (for about 5 years) still does me grand for all my fps games.

gone off wow at the minute, which i think a lot of people have too.

mouse + black icemat = grand job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Buttons on the mx518 are in a nice position for thumb use (only two buttons mind). looks like they have a 1-12 keypad there, seems that would be a bit more difficult to efficiently control? The two mini buttons at the top left of the lmb look a bit awkward to get to too... hmm...

Just got my Razer Naga mouse. It was much smaller then I thought it would be and its extremely comfortable. Need to mess around with DPI and get a feeling i like as I'm still use to the X5 MS mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Pls let me know how you find it. Wound be interseted in a new one :)

Im used to using the KB for most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

lad in my guild has one and swears by it.

Didnt really appeal to me, but i had a look at his interface screenshots and jesus, theyre the cleanest ive ever seen. He has everything bound to the mouse.

How much is it? Where did you pick yours up Gummy?

I do want easier binds, mine are all over the place.

hummmm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

so how much exactly is this mouse?
    dustaz can you post the ui cheers

its £60 on amazon.co.uk with free shipping

Its about 110 in peats. I bought mine from amazon

EDIT: I got to add, I'm not finding it as comfortable to use to today as i was yesterday. It is a little small and it could be because I'm use to using a much bigger mouse.

holding it there now and its really comfortable. Maybe my hands were tired or something earlier. It seems this mouse needs to be held proper or it doesn't sit right.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,011 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/mice/devices/7244

That would have been my suggestion, a thousand times over.

Overheal wrote: »
    http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointers/mice/devices/7244

That would have been my suggestion, a thousand times over.

logitech are very good as well but i found when it comes to logitech/razer it can be like beans. You with love heniz or you love batchelors

batchelors
    wot?

No, sorry:

ewwww wireless

nix wrote: »
    ewwww wireless
    old stigma. Many years have gone since the first bad wireless mice.

Even then the G700 has a detachable charging and data cable. Its as wired/wireless as you fancy. check the features page

• Advertisement

Still not as good as wired and alot more maintenance required to maintain, and likely more expensive.

And i hate logitech designs :D

Thats just me though :)

Gummy is the naga the same size as the adder do you know?

Still not as good as wired and alot more maintenance required to maintain, and likely more expensive.

And i hate logitech designs :D

Thats just me though :)

Gummy is the naga the same size as the adder do you know?

I never had a deathadder but from what I read they're similar size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

mx518 she's a fine mouse

I declare M0uS3 W@rZ!!~!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 hungrychef

Hey,

I've had the razer naga for about 5 months now, so I'll give you my two cents on it.

Firstly it's a little small. Having used the mx-revolution previously, this felt a little danty and girlish. But after a little while I got used to it. I say this first because truly, it's the only flaw I find with it.

With 14 progammable keys, 12 being under your thumb, it's amazing for pvp keybinding. If you're going into raids, smacking the same rotation 1-2-3. Forget it, stick to your "free in my cornflakes" mouse already.

The naga gives you the option of replacing either the 1-+/= keys or your numpad and putting it under your thumb. If you pvp a lot you will understand how awesome it is to have that many keys under your thumb.

It's a little awkward at first to get used to. In the manual they even say it takes about 20hrs or so gameplay before you really become comfortable with it. But it also comes with "training stickers" you can attach to some of the buttons so you can get your thumb used to button positions. But it's just like slapping your mobile to the side of a mouse and txting your opponents to death! "U R DED M8" :P

I throughly recommend it. It's a solid product I haven't experienced any problems with. When I bought it and flicked through the manuals and books, it really felt like they put a lot of work and research into this product. It feels good, works well and hasn't glitched on me yet.

9/10... minus one cos it could be a little tiny bit bigger.

Update.

Just to let you know that it is true that it takes about 10-20 hrs of gameplay to get use to the mouse. I now love it and find it really comfortable. Its pretty handy for control groups in SC2 as well.

They are selling them in Petes in town, but i feel €109 is just too much for a mouse :(

They are selling them in Petes in town, but i feel €109 is just too much for a mouse :(

Buy it from amazon. Free delivery and cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

l_03735480.jpg
    thats pure mental i bet it'd take forever to get used to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

DRakE wrote: »
    l_03735480.jpg
    thats pure mental i bet it'd take forever to get used to it

Not Forever... 10-20 hrs ;)

Advertisement