Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting PICTURE thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Youtube has decided to change how reality works.

B6oA3Yv.jpg

I've my suspicions...

Oh well, Best case scenario its just a glitch

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Mfw+someone+hasn+t+seen+the+lotr+trilogy_c479b1_5366833.png

How I feel when Onion tries to make me watch or play Anime fighters.

THIS GAME IS GOOD!! DO YOU SEE?? DO YOU SEE???

Shall be dodging casuals until NRD dies down.

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Mfw+someone+hasn+t+seen+the+lotr+trilogy_c479b1_5366833.png

tumblr_lp9aa2IVlV1qbs05mo4_r1_500.gif

doyler plz I can only hold them back so long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

I don't understand this logic.... "i will stop showing support for my game for as long as people show interest in another".

if you want to play SF, come in to play SF. no one is forcing you to play GG (and this is coming from someone who generally doesn't play anime games).

2gen wrote: »
    I don't understand this logic.... "i will stop showing support for my game for as long as people show interest in another".

if you want to play SF, come in to play SF. no one is forcing you to play GG (and this is coming from someone who generally doesn't play anime games).

It's all a joke. Onion doesn't really tie me up and force me to watch Anime fighters.

I'll be in on Wed but I'll be sitting as far away from GG as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

GG is savage. I actually wished for a long time there were players here who could've taught me the old versions of it, I used to love watching videos of it. Doesn't deserve to get made fun of like other anime games do. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    GG is savage. I actually wished for a long time there were players here who could've taught me the old versions of it, I used to love watching videos of it. Doesn't deserve to get made fun of like other anime games do. :pac:

GG is the game all other anime games tried to be and failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Lythero

There's only one anime fighter worth Doyler's time.

nyfvh2mgbim7o6ylbsue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

GG is THE anime game. Daigo and some of the other OG players used to play it doyler (and me ;)) GG is legit don't worry, it gets my stamp of approval so yknow it's real. Also it seems like GG doesn't have an annoying otaku fanbase, (not an attack aimed at any game in particular), at least not ages ago when I used to watch sbo etc

For what it's worth I put a lot of time into the game years ago, I love GG and always praised it, it's a great FG probably the best after ST imo (which is nowhere near perfect for the sake of argument). It had some questionable balance issues but I'd love to hear what Xrd is like with regards to gameplay and balance? Did they add anything or is the system the same as AC?
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I actually wished for a long time there were players here who could've taught me the old versions of it, I used to love watching videos of it.

<--- this guy. But srs I probably could have showed you a lot if the opportunity ever came up, it's just that getting to play Accent core was a nightmare, you'd need a modded PS2 to play at casuals as the game wasn't released in EU afaik (?), and emulators for naomi/DC are crap last time I checked. It is on XBLA arcade though now I think too, just a heads up to anyone with an xbox who plays it at casuals and wants to train combos etc, I think it's deffo worth picking up, it will all transition over to Xrd just fine

How much is Xrd out of interest? All of my GG muscle memory is on pad, so I wouldn't have to get a ps3 stick. My mate has a ps3 he doesn't use so if I could get that from him I'd only need the game \o/

TL:DR gg is sick

Ramza wrote: »
    GG is THE anime game. Daigo and some of the other OG players used to play it doyler (and me ;)) GG is legit don't worry, it gets my stamp of approval so yknow it's real. Also it seems like GG doesn't have an annoying otaku fanbase, (not an attack aimed at any game in particular), at least not ages ago when I used to watch sbo etc

For what it's worth I put a lot of time into the game years ago, I love GG and always praised it, it's a great FG probably the best after ST imo (which is nowhere near perfect for the sake of argument). It had some questionable balance issues but I'd love to hear what Xrd is like with regards to gameplay and balance? Did they add anything or is the system the same as AC?

<--- this guy. But srs I probably could have showed you a lot if the opportunity ever came up, it's just that getting to play Accent core was a nightmare, you'd need a modded PS2 to play at casuals as the game wasn't released in EU afaik (?), and emulators for naomi/DC are crap last time I checked. It is on XBLA arcade though now I think too, just a heads up to anyone with an xbox who plays it at casuals and wants to train combos etc, I think it's deffo worth picking up, it will all transition over to Xrd just fine

How much is Xrd out of interest? All of my GG muscle memory is on pad, so I wouldn't have to get a ps3 stick. My mate has a ps3 he doesn't use so if I could get that from him I'd only need the game \o/

<400 HKD for ps3, 421 on ps4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Works out at about €48. System is mostly the same but they removed FRC and replaced it with with YRC which acts the same but doesn't have a strict window (which is obviously stronger for some characters than others) and there's some screen freeze when it happens.

Balance wise its actually just the usual GG. Millia, Faust and Eddie still as good as ever. I only really played AC as reference though.

I feel the urge to elaborate on the differences between YRC and FRC but this is kinda the interesting pictures thread.

Naphiel wrote: »
    Works out at about €48. System is mostly the same but they removed FRC and replaced it with with YRC which acts the same but doesn't have a strict window (which is obviously stronger for some characters than others) and there's some screen freeze when it happens.

Balance wise its actually just the usual GG. Millia, Faust and Eddie still as good as ever. I only really played AC as reference though.

Awesome, thanks for that dude. I really wish they kept FRC as it was, it was 1f IIRC in ^C and was really tough to do, for the reward you got from it, it definitely merited it's difficulty.

I watched some Ogawa play eddie in Xrd (Ogawa was THE Eddie player for those who don't know). I see they changed Eddie's shadow K to the way it was back in #R, which is actually a big nerf as his shadow K was so insanely powerful in ^C, but I think this is a good change as the way it is now (the big moving gear animation which locks people in blockstun) is still awesome too. Also I think I saw Ogawa successfully do Eddie's signature UB setup a few times on videos, I guess there's no way they could have removed the UBs? Eddie still looks god tier in this game

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Conc_juice

Awesome, thanks for that dude. I really wish they kept FRC as it was, it was 1f IIRC in ^C and was really tough to do, for the reward you got from it, it definitely merited it's difficulty.

I watched some Ogawa play eddie in Xrd (Ogawa was THE Eddie player for those who don't know). I see they changed Eddie's shadow K to the way it was back in #R, which is actually a big nerf as his shadow K was so insanely powerful in ^C, but I think this is a good change as the way it is now (the big moving gear animation which locks people in blockstun) is still awesome too. Also I think I saw Ogawa successfully doEddie's signature UB setup[/URL] a few times on videos, I guess there's no way they could have removed the UBs? Eddie still looks god tier in this game

yeah the game is based on #reload version anything chracters they had passed that version was removed and eddie still has unblockables

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

getting to play Accent core was a nightmare, you'd need a modded PS2 to play at casuals as the game wasn't released in EU afaik (?)

They actually did release AC+ here on PS2 and Wii, not very common though. I never saw AC+R anywhere- I don't think we got that one.

They actually did release AC+ here on PS2 and Wii, not very common though. I never saw AC+R anywhere- I don't think we got that one.

+R was patched onto AC on PS3/360, so you won't see it separately out on the marketplaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

M bison, spotted
    prince of Thailand == M.bison , mind blown

_79391320_thaiprincegetty.jpg
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-30258759

hx1P5ed.jpg

To think I got a little annoyed at myself when I noticed these two thumbnails I uploaded looked similar.

45K552q.png?1AcWXL9O.png?1

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

One of the most annoying, generic things a youtuber can do for me is thumbnails with ridiculous expresssions. It's like they're saying LOOK I'M PEWDIEPIE.

I understand this is a thing that 99% of people couldn't care less about.

(Please like, subscribe, and share my channel)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Regardless of how ridiculous it looks to the 5%, it gets the 95% to click on the video, and that's all that matters to youtubers.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Regardless of how ridiculous it looks to the 5%, it gets the 95% to click on the video, and that's all that matters to youtubers.

Yeah and actually I've been defending Max a lot lately. He's not trying to appeal to us at all. We're not his target audience. What he does do is snare a lot of casual and noob players and people like him are important for that, even if at this point his videos have personally sunk to a level where I literally never watch one- I don't need speculation or random online matches.

I'm perfectly aware the things that annoy me do so because I'm a content provider, not a consumer. It's like learning your first instrument and realising you can never just listen to music again without dissecting it. You can't go back :D

To be fair, there's no reward in trying to appeal to that 5% (I'm convinced it's even smaller than 5%).

I'd love to find the fine line in between that can encompass everyone's interests while keeping them entertained, but first I'd have to git gud.
    It'll never gud enough, not for the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Mathrew

The Hound wrote: »
    has anyone counted how many times he's in the pic?

4 times I guess.

30_sfcomic01.jpg

10959807_719656581465141_6299162600778800556_n.png?oh=f5641a2f381bb966526498c65f7c5289&oe=5591D24C

Back to work Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

10959807_719656581465141_6299162600778800556_n.png?oh=f5641a2f381bb966526498c65f7c5289&oe=5591D24C

Back to work Ben

It could be worse. I'm sure washing Hulk's jeans is much better than having Andrew Garfield portray you for a third movie :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You gotta love Ronda Rousey.

http://instagram.com/p/y-ksvbhEat/

I lolled

TsdOMHMl.png

• Advertisement

nerf plz capcom ty

Advertisement