Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to training questions

Options
  • 04-08-2010 1:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hey everyone, I hope this is in the right section, I'm new to Boards. Apologies in advance for the long winded post !!!

I'm just after starting back training after an unexpectedly long break ;) What I am looking to do is basically get as lean as possible but also work into a bulking programme.

I am a fully qualified personal trainer, however, my last few years of work has been spent with middle-old age women on a sort of "bums and tums" regime and I'm unfortunately after forgetting what I should know :( It is actually pretty embarrasing having to ask for advice in this section but such is life I guess.

I am 21 and used to compete at a high level in Swimming, I also played allot of Rugby. I got a bad neck/shoulder injury nearly 3 years ago at this stage and ended up immobile in hospital for near enough to 7 weeks. During that time I lost most of the muscle mass I had thanks to a glorious liquid diet :mad: It has taken me a good while to come around to it but I'm fully intent on rebuilding my body to a high standard !

I am 6'3" and weigh 90kg, my body fat % is 16, visceral fat rating is 3 so I'm not exactly overweight by any means, I'm just not as toned/strong as I would like to be.
    Very recently I joined up in RAW gym and christ it is a great place to get motivation !! I feel like a weed in the place though (good thing) and again, although I'm a personal trainer I find that I can't remember back to bulking programmes and it is WRECKING my head, I'm doing exactly what I know I shouldn't be to try and stop myself looking like a spare tool in the place... I just find myself repeating the same sets of biceps, triceps, back & chest over and over again just because I can't think of a decent programme to follow & stick too :mad: Every day I'm doing the same thing over and over again.

I have started taking suppliments for the first time as well, I am on a creatine called "size on" which is also prooving to be graet for recovery and mass, whey protein and also tablets called "thermo speed" the tablets are acting almost like a food supplement but are also good for energy due to their high caffine/gurana levels. All together, over the last couple of weeks I have been getting great gains from the stack but I know I could get so much more from a more suited/fixed programme. My diet is perfect for what I want, I am still fairly good with things like that, it is just really the whole bulking/muscle development side of things I am really lacking in :(

I'm just basically wondering what the best way to get back into the swing of things is ? Should I cough up and get a personal trainer myself for a month or so just to refresh the memory ? Is there anywhere here that I might be able to find a decent workout programme that could suit ?

I'm not looking for a quick fix, I'm FULLY committed/motivated to go hell for leather at this one ! I'm DYING to get back into the swing of things !!!

Thanks for reading this, I'm looking foreward to getting more involved with things here :) Pretty embarassed having to ask but I think it's better then just leaving it and hoping for the best ;)

Comments

Advertisement