Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do you guys think of female body builders

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Rot-ten!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

When I think "female bodybuilder" I straightaway know that I see a woman who just happens to like a combination of lifting techniques...they dont have to be those extreme types that people symbolise, but mostly women in the normal range of body size who are pretty strong and have dedication to something they love. If I hadnt studied gym instruction as part of my last 3 years in college I'd probably have had the assumption of a juice freak being the norm, which is not the case of most female bb's:)

Fair play to them, may they keep it up if it keeps them happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

It seems like an incredibly tough and time-consuming practice to look increasingly unattractive and unnatural

• Registered Users Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭TommyKnocker

It seems like an incredibly tough and time-consuming practice to look increasingly unattractive and unnatural

To you, and you are entitled to your opinion. But each to their own.

While I would agree that I do not find the women who compete in the Physique class attractive, I have no problem with a lot of the women who compete if the Figure/Fitness class. And again that is my opinion.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

To become more attractive and natural is not a goal for the
    physique competitors. Their goal is to win.

Should the fact that something is tough and time-consuming mean anything?? Nothing worth doing isnt tough and time-consuming.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

I know a woman who does weights and she is very feminine and could probably bench press me and am friendly with a hockey player who is very pretty and when she met my OH when we started dating was very protective of me.Both are visions of female lovlieness and anyman would be proud to be dating either of them.

When I see Mariska Hargitay/ Olivia Benson daughter of Jayne Mansfield and Mickey Hargitay (the legendary bodybuilder) I think she is gorgeous.

1965.jpg

Her weight fluctuates and she is a normal woman who does a bit of weightlifting.

So I think its daft to pick a few extreme examples.pick any woman who does kayaking , sailing ,plays GAA , does horseriding or lives on a farm or even nursing and they are going to have that muscalature.

I was in Germany last week and the art galleries were breathtaking and you could see the classic shapes of the women represented in the locals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Distorted

Can I just say, as a woman (apologies for interupting!), I'd absolutely hate to look like the woman from Mad Men in Auvers' picture, and I'd be happy to look like any of the 3 lower photos in B-Builder's post. Physically, I'm most like Jessica Ennis (but not as defined) but I do get sick of having it drummed down my throat that women should be curvy when that actually means overweight. The woman from Mad Men has flabby arms, barely looks as if she could move out of a walk without difficulty and is dolled up with loads of make up in a structured dress - the other women have no artificial support and are in a more natural state. Basically, she looks really uncomfortable. I know I don't appeal to older men though and I wonder if older men are "conditioned" to lust after slightly larger, more maternal looking women?

B-Builder is also totally spot on with his comments on training and lifting weights. As an athlete (track runner) I do lift weights in my off season, and I regularly see women come in the gym and "work out" as he describes, playing around with really light weights and lifting them far too fast because no doubt they have been told they will bulk up unless they do otherwise. Then as mentioned, they see no discernible weight loss or improvement and give up because it doesn't work.

I don't find male body builders attractive because they don't look very active - its a means to an end. But I know many women who are attracted to that look. I guess there also men who are attracted to the female body builder type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 smergz

These women are totally scary. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭saucers82

i am a massive fan. to me they are the most beautiful women in the world

different strokes for different folks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Zombie thread

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement