Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new series of top gear over already!?

Options
  • 01-08-2010 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭

clarkson just said that this series is over at the end of the show?!wtf?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Mental_Legend

Between series 7 and this series (15), all but one series have had between 6 and 8 episodes. Tonight was the sixth episode of this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hi ho

I very mixed bag series ends with a typically up and down edition, the Ferrari test was good normally I have little time for these but I think Jezzas genuine delight in the car came across well. The SIARPC was dull, I like Jeff Goldblum but but its a simple fact that Hollyood types do not “get” TG as they are not sufficiently familair with it or those on it. Thats why interviews with the likes of Will Young and James Blunt can work so well when on the face of it one might expect an awful 10-12 mins.

The “challange” was also a mixed bag, but what parts of it did illustrate again is that if allowed JC, JM and RH could make a darmed good factual programme about cars and the automotive industry. But alas they don’t really ever get the chance do they?

Maybe if there is a 16th series it should be a serious one with proper motoring journalism to the forefront leave the gags and other stuff to one side. If “only” 3 million watch it all the way through thats still a good number for BBC2.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

your right but i had just heard nothin about it i was shocked to the last! there will be a series 16 surely....wont there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

No big race this season.

A poor season overall with the exception of episode 5 which was superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

Bit depressed that its already over TBH. I know the lads have other stuff on but six episodes is just too short.

Hopefully they do have some one off epic special over the last of the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Good Blue Oyster Cult reference, though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Obviously the TG budget was even more severely slashed that we thought if they only had six episode this season. The episodes within this season were very hit and miss and the low budget nature of them very obvious (compared with other seasons).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Hammond's explanations for why things break 'this is a safety feature..' have become increasingly annoying over the last few series. I won't deny the factory scene was strangely haunting, the rest of that piece was pretty much a waste, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

There were like 5 episodes or something and its over?! :(
    They should have made the tom cruise/cameron diaz episode the last one imho, that was the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Oh how I lolled when I saw Clarksons number plate. I would think that next door must have been wondering what was going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Felt that this was the weakest season so far, the veyron last week was probably my favourite piece but overall not as good as it used to be. Nothing else they did really stood out for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

weird that its over already.

A poor season imo, a few redeeming sections but nothing to write home about. Most of the repeated (endlessly) episodes on Dave & Setanta are better than this season. The "bit" is just stale I guess. Lets hope theres a next season eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

No. of Episodes per season:

Season 09 - 6
    Season 10 - 10
    Season 11 - 6
    Season 12 - 8
    Season 13 - 7
    Season 14 - 7
    Season 15 - 6

Nothing unusually about this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

episode 5 was amazing but it probably only seems so good to us now because its in contrast to the other 5 poor episodes. still miss it already though. they cant end top gear like that so there has to be another series. it all ended very abruptly too, usually clarkson wouldve mentioned at the start if it was the last episode but it was just a case of, "episodes over and so is series,thanks" more episodes like the best driving road in the world with the aston porsche and sexy orange lambo please! i think we should start a donation box for top gear so they can have a huuuuge budget:) although on this site, it'd prob be ****in better to have a ****in swear jar instead:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

They're saving their money for the Winter series, they always do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

phasers wrote: »
    They're saving their money for the Winter series, they always do.

I hope you are right!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

i think we should start a donation box for top gear so they can have a huuuuge budget:)

Yeah considering Clarkson is down to an estimated 1.5 Million a year, times are indeed hard for TG. The source is the daily mail so I could well be on more than him myself :p:rolleyes:

It should be rolled back to 1 season a year - 12/14 episodes and a few specials. Top Gear is just too available these days (Dave)...if you were made wait & wait, and it was combined by shorter runs/higher budgets it could hit its peak again. Can't see that happening ANY time soon though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    A poor season overall with the exception of episode 5 which was superb.
    FFS!!! I had it scheduled to be recorded on BBCHD but somebody else decided to record something else at the same time. RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I was a bit disorientated when Clarkson said that Sunday's was the last in the series. Pressing the information button on Sky said it was episode 6/7. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Not a huge fan of Ferrari's (I like them, just not OMG passionate about them) but that Ferrari was achingly gorgeous.

• Advertisement

Andrew33 wrote: »
    Not a huge fan of Ferrari's (I like them, just not OMG passionate about them) but that Ferrari was achingly gorgeous.

I don't think its as nice to look at as the F430, but my god that car loks good. The astonishment on Clarksons face was NOT staged :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

There is an eposode on next sunday, I think its cut scenes and crap from this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I was a bit disorientated when Clarkson said that Sunday's was the last in the series. Pressing the information button on Sky said it was episode 6/7. :confused:

I seen this too and was happy - hoping they'd redeem themselves with a good episode for this season
    Plug wrote: »
    There is an eposode on next sunday, I think its cut scenes and crap from this series.

And then I seen this post.... :(

Lets hope that it is true that they save the budget for the winter season - lets hope there is a winter season cos this season was just complete and utter tripe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Not the best episode to end a season on. I can appreciate what they were trying to do with the challenge. They put across how things have changed for the british motor industry well. I lol'd at Clarkson's number plate too :D

I didn't think Goldblum was great in the SITRPC segment. mike65 is right that the hollywood types don't really get it. I did laugh are him doing it all in 3rd gear though. He got a good time regardless.

That Ferrari is amazingly beautiful and powerful. And its as fast as an F50. Loved that segment.

I heard somewhere that even if there is another season of Top Gear that Clarkson and May won't be returning. Hope its not true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hammond only? eek: If/when James May quits I quit.

Still havn't seen a source for that. Treat with with the same credibility as any other internet based rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

mike65 wrote: »
    Hammond only? eek: If/when James May quits I quit.
    EnterNow wrote: »
    Still havn't seen a source for that. Treat with with the same credibility as any other internet based rumour.

It was word of mouth so I don't have a source. I won't believe it myself until I see it confirmed by the BBC or Top Gear website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Echo all the sentiments this season, 6 episodes it may have been but it seemed more like 4 TBH.

I'm sort of left waiting for it to start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

The Don wrote: »
    I heard somewhere that even if there is another season of Top Gear that Clarkson and May won't be returning. Hope its not true.

Been some reports of a disarrangement in the camp all right, I was half expecting that this season would not have aired.

But still have heard nothing knew.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

Seems this Sundays episode(7) is the "highlights" of 2010. Yawn.
    If Jezza and May quit the show, 5th Gears viewing figures will go through the roof, though I can't stand VBH.

Advertisement