Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards book club - Vote for your book!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I've already read this book so I'll keep out of it 'till next month

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I only finished reading this recently - I'll keep reading the books I'm reading but join in the discussion when you're all finished if nobody minds.

You should have loads of time if you're giving yourselves until 06/09/10 - I was surprised at how quickly I flew through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cheetara

Blush_01 wrote: »
    You should have loads of time if you're giving yourselves until 06/09/10 - I was surprised at how quickly I flew through it.

That's always a good sign. I just need to finish The Lacuna first......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

I'm going to join in with the book club if I may, will pick up The Little Stranger today if I can hopefully have it read for the 6th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ellibela

Another newbie... I'm going to try and get the book on time to finish reading it by the 6th :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

I keep on meaning to start this book, but I'm really enjoying the book I'm currently reading (Halfway through Tony Judt's 1,000 page 'Postwar') so I'm struggling to start. I cannot guarantee I will have it read by 6th September :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Currently only about 80 pages in, but I only started it over the weekend. I should have it done. If you (or anyone else started it) averaged around 75 pages per night (paperback) between now and the 6th, you would have it done. That's not too bad, probably around 2 chapters a night.

We can always consider pushing the date out a little if few have completed the book by the 6th.

I'm about 300 pages in, read a lot over the weekend. It's quite good actually, better than I expected.

How's everyone else faring?

Denerick wrote: »
    I'm about 300 pages in, read a lot over the weekend. It's quite good actually, better than I expected.

How's everyone else faring?

Pretty much the same as yourself. Didn't get to reading as much as I would have liked over last week.

Pretty much the same as yourself. Didn't get to reading as much as I would have liked over last week.

Procrastinating?

Sorry.

Anyway, the discussion thread is up on the forum if anyone is interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Cheetara

Am nearly there!!!!

Was at a Wedding last weekend so didn't get much chance to read but will try and avoid the thread until I have the book finished.

Am really enjoying it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭neveah

Still haven't finished the book yet either unfortunately, was at electric picnic last weekend so that set me off track. Hopefully I will have the book finished in the next few days and I can join in the discussion then!

Anyone else finished the book?

Advertisement